Optinose Contract

Discussion in 'Syneos Health' started by anonymous, Dec 18, 2017 at 9:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tom,
    Why did we retain any of these losers?
    Best,
    Peter

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Peter,
    I thought we are firing them?
    Tom

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did anyone else get a raise?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Based upon what, might I ask? The stellar sales numbers?!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, as we predicted, these sales levels support about 20 sales reps max: (but plenty of home office staff)

Equities analysts predict that OptiNose Inc (NASDAQ:OPTN) will report sales of $2.56 million for the current quarter, according to Zacks. Two analysts have provided estimates for OptiNose’s earnings. The highest sales estimate is $2.60 million and the lowest is $2.52 million. The firm is scheduled to issue its next earnings results on Tuesday, March 12th.

According to Zacks, analysts expect that OptiNose will report full year sales of $6.35 million for the current year, with estimates ranging from $6.10 million to $6.60 million. For the next financial year, analysts expect that the business will report sales of $37.92 million, with estimates ranging from $37.73 million to $38.10 million. Zacks Investment Research’s sales averages are a mean average based on a survey of sell-side research firms that cover OptiNose.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Small problem:

A big part of that awareness has to focus on the device itself. In what Miller calls “the magic of the breath,” the Xhance device delivers the drug when patients exhale into it. The soft palate naturally seals off during an exhale, trapping the drug inside the nasal cavity, OptiNose says. The device allows the drug to reach deep in the nasal space instead of passing down the throat as nasal sprays can, particularly when administered incorrectly. And that means better contact with inflamed tissue.

Like this story? Subscribe to FiercePharma!
    Biopharma is a fast-growing world where big ideas come along daily. Our subscribers rely on FiercePharma as their must-read source for the latest news, analysis and data on drugs and the companies that make them. Sign up today to get pharma news and updates delivered to your inbox and read on the go.
    SUBSCRIBE NOW
    OptiNose needs to take advantage of Xhance's unique appeal with a targeted salesforce. The launch is following a three-stage plan, Miller said. In the first wave, OptiNose plans to reach 1.2 million nasal polyps patients currently treated by a relatively small group of 15,000 physicians. About 120 sales reps are on the ground targeting 14,000 of them, while the other 1,000 will be reached through digital promotions. A team of about 85 nurse educators has been helping educate physicians since last November.

With that novel drug delivery mechanism targeting a disease area where patients are dissatisfied with existing treatments, Xhance could deliver peak sales of $1.1 billion at the low end, Jefferies analysts say. The high end? As much as $2.4 billion. Both figures far exceed previous consensus of about $700 million.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's quite a stretch. Quite a few.. including the folks at Cantor Fitzgerald have actually DOWN graded Optinose...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The message for this quarter will be reducing expenses by shedding dead weight (reps)
    Hope the Street buy it for now

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you really believe that they are that stupid?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They have bought it so far.
    Peter

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can we con them one more time?

Peter

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Peter,

Apparently, we already have......

Tom

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tom,

But how many more times can we promise a hockey stick result soon on sales?
    Even the off-label polyp message isn't moving the numbers.

Peter

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Time to clean house (except for home office)!

Sneaky Pete

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It will happen soon.

Tommy Boy

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tommy Boy,

Just have the reps say it dissolves polyps without surgery.

That will give us the hockey stick we need.

Sneaky Pete

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

May 9 is not going to be a good day.
    How can we buy more time?
    We said we would be selling over $150 MM this year.
    Maybe the investors forgot?

Yours,

Sneaky Pete

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you investors for being afraid to face reality and selling your stock.
    Be back next quarter with the more new ideas (or the same ones with a new name).

Best,

Sneaky Pete

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

let me start by saying you took a generic corticosteroid ( which by the way takes approx two weeks to reach max efficacy with onset of action of approx 8 hrs.) Tgry all have same mechanism, Might want to tell your sales force this fact, especially since your formulary has dbl the dose. Reps can’t tell me this simple fact and also that it is an anti- inflammatory. Delivery system is unique but complicated and your MC and no cost program is time consuming for my staff.
    Please quit selling the symptoms, but what the FDA gave you indication for ( Nasal Polyps). When reps start asking if I scope, etc.. I ask them what the ICD 10 code is and they haven’t a clue what I am talking about. Also skirting edges of “ off- label” marketing to circulate sealed CRS Study that has not had FDA approval for indication. When you get approval then insurance companies will cover it, but not until. STOP putting your reps in position that makes them uncomfortable with a “ wink, wink” approach. Your indication is for adult Nasal Polyps and that is it.
    When I ask what are you indicated for, i expect a P. I. FDA approved indication, not what the symptoms are. There is no ICD10 code for symptoms. The product is way overpriced for a delivery system of generic fluticasone. That is what it is, minus preservative and fragrance.