Oral Sema

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, Jul 7, 2018 at 10:04 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While the data look terrific so far, I have a problem with the business case.

Assuming oral sema must be priced at par with sitagliptin or invokana per dose, and the production price of oral sema per dose is about 100-fold that of sitagliptin and invokana, what is all the fuss about ?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your "business case" makes no sense! I'm no expert on pricing, but I do know that you can't compare an oral GLP-1 to an oral DPP-4 and/or SGLT-2's. It isn't even a close call! For all of those patients who could benefit from a GLP-1, but are afraid of needles, this will be life changing!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just hope I'm still around to sell it.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Efficacy the same as jardiance

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bwahahaha!!!!! Sure.....

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is that what your company is telling you? LOL!!! :rolleyes:

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We have YEARS of experience telling us that we will mess this up. Medical team s#%t the bed during the FDA meeting with Victoza. Welcome BS black box. Turned around and did worse with Tresiba and it delayed launch like 2 years. The Ozempic launch strategy is laughable, at best. Why would anyone think Oral Sema will be different. Our most senior medical people are, at best, failed PCP’s and our marketing leadership consists of other company’s cast offs. We will, once again, have the best product no one can get.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Doesn't Victoza dp $3 billion+ in sales? And, Ozempic is already doubling the dulaglutide launch trajectory. We don't do everything right, but we don't do everything wrong either.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, but the PRODUCTION price of one dose of oral sema is comparable with the SALES price of one dose of DPP-4 and/or SGLT-2 ?? This business does not look like a home run.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you are an idiot COGS is less than 7% of WAC

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No it's not. You're assuming a linear cost based on dose - if 1mg of Ozempic costs $X to make, that doesn't mean 200mg of oral sema will be $200X. The cost is in the production, not the dosage strength. Try again.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds great. So we can price oral sema on per dose par with invokana and expect to get great business ?
    Good luck with that.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

obviously competitors and wall street are both interested based on this thread! ;)

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please cut the BS. What is the cost price per tablet containing 100 mg invoking vs a tablet containing 14 mg of semaglutide ? Do you seriously think it will be good business to sell these two tablets at comparable price ?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm pretty sure neither we nor the competition post the cost of making our medications. We report COGS on our income statement, but there are a million things that could go into that. And, we're a long, long way from a pricing strategy at this point. Let's work on getting it approved first, ok?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At the end of the day, it comes down to do you want to take an injection once a week with better a1c and weight loss or a pill once a day? Also, if the pill is priced more than said injection, what will managed care companies do?

Ozempic will always be >> oral Sema in sales and anyway, Trulicity will always be the market leader (according to analysts).

The oral studies have been a mixed bag. Seems it lies somewhere between an sglt-2 and victoza. Ozempic is clearly superior.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^^ yup

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Institutional ownership of NVO is in the single digits. Wall St doesn’t really care about our stock. Employees who have hundreds of thousands in their 401k? Maybe.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good luck with pricing oral sema at a large premium over invokana. I like the science behind oral sema, but the business looks dead on arrival.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s Afrezza. People overestimate the desire of patients to abandon the needle.