Organizational Announcement - Robert Grant

Discussion in 'Bausch & Lomb' started by Anonymous, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sent: Tue Dec 13 11:45:10 2011
    Subject: Surgical Organization Update

Dear Bausch + Lomb Colleagues,

Today I want to tell you about an important change we are making in our organization.

Robert Grant has decided to leave Bausch + Lomb to pursue other opportunities. We appreciate Robert’s contributions to our company, and wish him well for the future. He asked me to extend his best wishes to the Surgical team and all of his Bausch + Lomb colleagues, and convey his strong belief that together we have a very bright future.

Because we place such importance on our Surgical business and the talented people that are driving its success, I will assume responsibility for our Surgical business for the foreseeable future. I will spend the next few months listening to and learning from our Surgical colleagues around the world to see how we can further accelerate our momentum. That work begins today when I head out to Aliso Viejo, California for my first meetings with the team.

2. Ron Z

Ron Z Guest

From back in 2010...(by the way from inside the industry, Biolase had to be turned around by it's former CEO and co-founder after Grant left the company in disarray).

6/16/2010 11:23:49 AM

Bausch + Lomb, the global eye health company, has named Robert E. Grant chief executive officer and president of its global Surgical business, effective August 1.
    "Robert is an exceptional leader and innovator in the medical products industry, with global operating expertise extending across devices and pharmaceuticals," said Brent Saunders, chief executive officer, Bausch + Lomb. "His recruitment is another successful step in the actions we are implementing to transform Bausch + Lomb into a high-performance global competitor."

Continued Mr. Saunders, "Robert is the right person at the right time for B+L. He brings a track record of rapid value creation, powerful leadership and a relentless focus on the customer that can take our Surgical business to a new level of performance -- while also helping us to build strength and execution excellence across the company."

"I am very excited to join Bausch + Lomb. I am confident that the company will create tremendous value, push product development to new heights, and play a leading role in the future of the global ophthalmic industry," commented Mr. Grant. "With a state-of-the-art product portfolio and a keen focus on the customer, we will lead innovation and growth in this dynamic market segment."

3. Ron Z

Ron Z Guest

From back in 2010...seriously, after just over a year in charge and out the door or bolted through to finally opening his eyes....Brent tkaing over Surgical...Holy Jesus, what will be next. Fred dusting off his pipe and slippers and...

ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- Bausch + Lomb, the global eye health company, has named Robert E. Grant chief executive officer and president of its global Surgical business, effective August 1.

“Robert is an exceptional leader and innovator in the medical products industry, with global operating expertise extending across devices and pharmaceuticals,” said Brent Saunders, chief executive officer, Bausch + Lomb. “His recruitment is another successful step in the actions we are implementing to transform Bausch + Lomb into a high-performance global competitor.”

Continued Mr. Saunders, “Robert is the right person at the right time for B+L. He brings a track record of rapid value creation, powerful leadership and a relentless focus on the customer that can take our Surgical business to a new level of performance – while also helping us to build strength and execution excellence across the company.”

“I am very excited to join Bausch + Lomb. I am confident that the company will create tremendous value, push product development to new heights, and play a leading role in the future of the global ophthalmic industry,” commented Mr. Grant. “With a state-of-the-art product portfolio and a keen focus on the customer, we will lead innovation and growth in this dynamic market segment.”

In 2006, Mr. Grant began his tenure as Allergan’s corporate vice president and president, Allergan Medical, where he led the $3.4 billion Allergan-Inamed post-acquisition integration. His leadership at Allergan Medical was instrumental in creating the multi-billion dollar medical rejuvenation industry through a portfolio of products such as BOTOX® Cosmetic, JUVEDERM® injectable gel, NATRELLE® breast implants and the LAP-BAND® Adjustable Gastric Banding System.

Prior, Mr. Grant served as acting chairman, president and CEO of BIOLASE Technology, Inc., the global cosmetic dentistry company, where he led a highly successful turnaround, returning the company to profitability and revenue growth. He joined BIOLASE in 2003 as chief operating officer, and also served the organization as chief financial officer.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will be interesting to watch how this plays out. Brad Paddock has to be wondering where he stands in all of this. He was a Warburg Pincus hire. However, the departure of Grant might not be good for him. Surely, Warburg took notice of how Grant promoted Paddock within about 6 from his date of hire from VP of Surgical U.S. to Global VP Surgical. There has been speculation that this promotion was in part to enable Paddock to travel more (at B+L expense) to develop his Rock Sake company internationally.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

such exits usually herald major corporate changes. These are the guys whose contracts give the golden parachutes so they get tossed early for a soft landing.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love all of the follow up on this. This guy only stayed a year and then left... it must mean that B+L is in disarray from the top-down.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like he quit. Such a clunky corporate announcement. The CEO is in charge of the Surgical Business. Stupid. What happens to the other two divisions why the CEO is off running Surgical. Why not just tell the world the company is crumbling and we have a really hard time even putting in a temporary VP in charge at Surgical until we find a more permanent replacement.

At least Pharma and Vision Care should have a good year because they will not have the CEO around to change anything.

8. Ron Z

Ron Z Guest

FRom the medical laser world the word was that Grant nearly destroyed Biolase and only after he left did the former CEO and co-founder step back in to turn the company around. so either Grant was not up to the task and was fired - hence why there was no time to find a replacement - or he bolted because he saw the mess that was in front of him.

Recall how Bausch hired a new Corp VP into HR and he also bolted within a matter of weeks. Man, oh man. What a company!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is not correct. Grant turned around Biolase and left with the stock at an 3 year high to take the big step up at Allergan. Biolase stock stayed high for a year and a half after he left as well. He did very well at Allergan for several years prior to joining Bausch.

10. Pharm guy

Pharm guy Guest

You are an ill-informed tool. I have known Robert for years. He is a very strong leader and focused on the customer. This is not good news for Bausch & Lomb...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG the place is collapsing.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct. The place is collapsing. The signs have been there people. Pharma will never hit the goals that were presented at NSM - 127M from steroid products???? You know we will not make it. WP will sell this company off piece by piece and product by product. ISTA is still interested in pharma, somebody will take CL division and surgical will be hacked up and sold. The end is nigh and watch for more management departures soon.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Credible source says that Grant was fired because he and Paddock didn't get along. Maybe Paddock does have Warburg's backing. However, now focus will be on him. I would think Paddock is good through 2012 if he makes it past Feb.1 (NSM is in January).

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Quit" ??? He didn't quit.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grant got along with Paddock. Grant and Saunders was the rub. Apparently they had a "disagreement" and parted ways.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What was the disagreement? Why doesn't WP sell and put everyone out of their misery?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grant was amateur at best! Lot's of talk .. no action to back it up. He didn't have a clue about the surgical business. Can't believe he was selected in the first place.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ista is being purchased by Valeant. Or somebody! They are not buying our Pharma.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because WP wants way too much for this company. They are waiting for the right chump to show themself. It speaks volumes that Inspire and ISTA are being bought and we just sit here decomposing and looking like a worse investment as each day passes. WP really are a bunch of poker players and I thought used car salesman were bad.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As long as there are no layoffs and they keep paying our salaries our companies performance or value for sale does not matter much.