Organized union

Discussion in 'Conmed' started by anonymous, Jan 31, 2020 at 7:16 AM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like ConMed is going to have a ruff 2020-2021. I like to keep my nose clean and stay out of the politics mess at ConMed. I have been with ConMed for 15 years. Can’t believe I lasted this long. I have seen people come and go. Let me get to the point. I was invited by a friend in the manufacturing process to a meeting outside ConMed . I was curious so I went only to find out it was union organizing. There had to be 30 people from manufacturing, marketing, documentation control. I was floored ! There was a lawyer present tell us our rights as employees. Of course many people stood up and told their story of how ConMed cheated them when it came to raises and cost of living in Florida. I scoffed at what I was seeing until a gentleman from the AFL-CIO spoke. Then I knew they were serious. I’m on the fence about all this but they claimed they are growing in numbers every week. If this action proves to be effective ConMed is going to be screwed ! They were even taking about a mass walk out.

The only thing they hooked me with was more benefits seeing I have a family and raise in pay.

My only issue with this is if this happens I have seen companies go to extreme measures and people loose their jobs and they move the business.

Anyways just wanted all of you to be aware of what’s taking place.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hmm interesting

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know people who've been injured in some way over the past 5 years with pending lawsuits and patience. Once it's time to do something, that person quits abruptly and we only hear rumors later about them winning. Uneven concrete outside, ladder fell apart, liquid sprayed into their face even with safety glasses on and area was deemed SAFE. Pics are taken, documents are copied, and the person has a case. I know specific areas where machines are so loud, hearing damage is inevitable for everyone's future in the area. They rather tell you to use ear plugs than to modify a machine (or bring in a smaller one because the big one is really oversized for the process) to become quieter. Safety is a fuzzy rule, and it's not always a 100% concern. Then there's the harassers. I know someone who wore fake jewelry and recorded bullies. I don't know if anything came of it, but I would love to know. I think we all would. We want the bullies to get what's coming to them. Even the ones in management who seem to favor someone over a funny personality and productivity rather than equal unbiased clean slate for all.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So here is the real deal as I also work here on the production floor sometimes 7 days a week......Trust me when I say that there is absolutely nothing that the original poster says is true. Many of the guys that work in PMO are supportive and understand the current situation in regards to the availability of overtime and meeting our goals. We support this and are doing what we can to insure the products we make are of superior quality and delivered to our customers on time.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me guess you are one of the problems with ConMed. Just because you live in a bubble doesn’t mean something isn’t true. I can attest to what the original poster said. I wasn’t at the meeting but will say I heard some of my friends in marketing talk about it. More like over it the conversation. Be that it may to act like ConMed is crapping gold is naive .

This isn’t the first time I’ve heard of Union forming and it won’t be the last. The problem I believe is middle management that craps on those below them. They don’t take care of the employees and what do they get for it ? They get a self evaluation and penny raise. After you made the company millions.

The problem ConMed is going to have is too many people are upset with how they treat them.

Anyways that is just my two cents.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This sounds like an OSHA issue. If employees are put in unsafe places and they risk their health then they should file complaint. First with ConMed and if ConMed doesn’t address the concern then reach out to OSHA.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you trying to be clever? :rolleyes:

YES! So much YES to that! Managers are expensive babysitters. Who does the evaluations for production? And HOW DO THEY KNOW ANYTHING IF THEY ARE NOT EVEN THERE?o_O

That's been done before, and the problem wasn't A PROBLEM to them. I won't go into details here, don't ask. I will say that many people already posted about popularity contests/politics. TRUE. true true true!!!!! If they like you, you matter. If they don't, it's time to fuck with you.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I get it and understand your argument. The thing is that Conmed is owned and operated by the investors in our company. That includes the board of directors decisions. I will leave it at that and let you do your own research in regards to this.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think it’s high time we stood to these high faulting corporate suits. I’ll be joining that union; did they give a timeline for next steps.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only people who are casting doubt are those who brown nose to management or are said management.

The question was raise can union form with ConMed having board of directors ? It’s simply false statement. The union will have a representative to the board.

Once action is taken by these individuals and news breaks out the stock will drop in the stock market. Bringing instability to the company. The markets don’t like instability especially investors.

I think the union needs to do a walk out and protest against ConMed. Call the news , papers , social media . You name it !!! There are laws in place to protect them. Seeing ConMed has a history in unsafe practices . They will open he selves up to countless lawsuits. ConMed doesn’t need this at this stage of the company.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You chicken $#!TS won't do anything. It's probably the same person making all the posts in this thread trying to rile up everyone.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It crossed my mind too if this was fake until someone asked me on 2nd shift about forming a union to represent the employees.

I work in documentation control in Largo don’t have an issue with talking openly. I went to the lunchroom and sat at a table of four people. The union discussion is real and I think it’s only a matter of time .

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ahhhhh I know about this type of talk. I have eavesdropped on it many times. They hype each other up but in the end, they don't have the necessary evidence. It's always "if I could, I would do this....." but then they all just keep working there and keep contemplating.

What I would do is I'd record things with hidden cameras. I wouldn't rely on the company documenting things their way. I would ask for copies, or i'll take pics of it with my phone, if they prevent that then i'll contact who I need to so I can obtain my copies.

I remember asking about a dangerous chemical. This one (when inhaled) can put a very big wilder beast to sleep. I simply ASKED ABOUT the chemical and the legal team of the company showed up wondering why I was "investigating". I mentioned to them what I was concerned, i'm just trying to be safe, not get anyone in trouble. They insisted that I go to them from that day forward if I have a safety concern.

There are chemicals in the company that legitimately cause cancer. There's no debate or argument on it POSSIBLY causing cancer, it DOES. And we use them because we have "Personal Protection Equipment". But the process still requires the operator to handle a dangerous material. People make mistakes. And precautions are not taken. PPE doesn't always do the trick. People should never touch the dangerous stuff.

In other companies:

ONLY MACHINES HANDLE DANGEROUS CHEMICALS.

There you go union f***ers. I just gave you platinum.

Wear hidden surveillance, expose yourself to dangerous chemicals, document it with management (report it), then see if they take precautions to preventing injury or harm. Most like they won't, then record it again. OSHA won't pay much, contact your own attorney. Start off by saying you have footage and paper documents on the incidents. You'll win

In a loud area? Record the audio. Record the reports of the disturbance being so high you can still hear it loudly over ear plugs. It will cause hearing damage over time. Go to an ENT. Document that you are sustaining injury to your hearing. You can't hear the faint noises anymore in the hearing test. Contact an attorney. Etc. Etc. Company isn't taking necessary actions to prevent the injury (turn down the machine, replace it with a quieter one, DO YOUR F***ING JOB SAFETY TEAM)

People harassing you? You tried speaking to management, hr, and the people themselves are still there doing what the want? Record it all, contact an attorney. You should obtain minutes if not hours of footage of yelling, bullying, obscene behavior that isn't acceptable by any company's standards. You felt threatened, intimidated, cornered, and nobody in the company is protecting you or solving the problem? You will win. And then you won't have to work for a while if you don't feel like it.

Boss holding you back? Record it, access the files any way you can. The files that show the reason why you can't bump up or transition to another position/shift. Computer, file cabinet, record a confession. Record every verbal conversation with the corrupt douche bag. You need that stuff. You need proof.

it's not what you know, it's what you can prove!

If you are wrongfully terminated over something that you can prove, you are guaranteed at least 1 year salary in the settlement.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey moron I’m the one who authored the original post and no I haven’t been back to the tread. I don’t have time to play games.

Anyways update : The group is forming a walk out soon. They are 45 strong. Everyone has been asked to keep quite and advised by a lawyer.

My wife is not happy that I’m getting involved in this union mess. I just hope it proves to be a win win for everyone.

If you are interested in joining the cause ready to make a move against ConMed that I’ll post the address where we meet.

Date will be posted concerning the walk out as well. Make yourself a sign cause we will be heading to the street with traffic. News media has been notified as well.