Organized union

Discussion in 'Conmed' started by anonymous, Jan 31, 2020 at 7:16 AM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One more month. Corporate restructuring. :eek:

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you trying to troll? A person with the common flu/cough/cold will not show symptoms for days. They will spread it to everyone around them during this time. Same principal with covid19. Once 1 person gets it, comes to work, and infects at least 1 person, IT'S TOO LATE.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4/20 just a few days away :eek: you lazy stoner employees ready to leave at the same time?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's always been a bluff. Watch. 24 hours from now there will be no quits. Tuesday: nobody will be talking about a walk out from any building. People will use the covid19 excuse. Why hasn't jesus come back yet? lol same reason. It's all stories and myths. Blah blah blah fear fear fear. Get back to work. Shush. Obey policy. Be quiet. Keep making us numbers. Or go away.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shut it as if you have any knowledge of what was going on. I was apart of several of meetings . Sadly the Covid pandemic screwed all of us . It was about fairness and negotiation with ConMed then ended up people working from home and let go of. So the pandemic took the problems and made them worse for all of us .

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just quit. Stop making excuses. Nobody will give you the attention you think you deserve.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup. Anticlimactic. Nothing happened. Case closed :eek:

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes unfortunately:

United States
    On March 17, 2020, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) issued an update to its guidance that now expressly acknowledges that employers may implement temperature screening measures in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic. The EEOC noted that “ecause the CDC [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] and state/local health authorities have acknowledged community spread of COVID-19 and issued attendant precautions, employers may measure employees’ body temperature.” The EEOC did not condition its guidance on further or future assessments by health authorities, nor is the guidance specific to certain communities in the United States. Rather the EEOC appears to be acknowledging the propriety of implementing such measures nationwide. However, the EEOC cautions employers to “be aware that some people with COVID-19 do not have a fever.” In other words, implementing temperature screenings may identify some employees who have a fever (but not necessarily COVID-19) such that an employer may isolate them or send them home from work, but it is not a perfect screening device that will identify all persons who may be contagious with the virus. :eek:

This new EEOC guidance helps clarify uncertainty employers were facing on when temperature screenings would be permissible in their individual communities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). It is important for employers to recognize, however, that this guidance clarifies the ability to use temperature screening under the present circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, whereas normally such measures would be unlawful under the ADA. Specifically, the EEOC has previously noted that temperature screenings are considered a medical examination under the ADA, which may not be imposed on current employees unless the examination is job-related and consistent with business necessity. One circumstance meeting that criteria is where the employer has a reasonable belief, based on objective evidence, that the employee will pose a direct threat due to a medical condition. In the context of a pandemic, the EEOC previously stated that temperature screenings are justifiable under this “direct threat” standard where the pandemic symptoms become more severe than seasonal influenza or where a pandemic “becomes widespread in the community as assessed by state or local health authorities or the CDC.” This left employers with operations in less impacted parts of the country (but where community transmission is growing) uncertain of the legality of implementing temperature screening in the absence of direct assessments by state and local public health authorities.

The new guidance from the EEOC now alleviates those concerns and will allow employers to more confidently implement temperature screenings where appropriate for an employer’s individual sites and circumstances. The new guidance does not address or sanction broader health screenings beyond temperature checks and inquiring about COVID-19 symptoms, and employers may wish to carefully ensure any additional measures comply with relevant ADA restrictions or are based on public health authority guidance. In addition, employers should continue to monitor community-specific mitigation guidelines from the CDC, some of which specifically recommend screenings of employees and visitors in those communities.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's raining today. No walk out for the lazy employees. :eek:

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So I’ll stay home and pack my man bears crapp. :eek:

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Walk out today, before the asteroid hits us :eek:

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was going to be one of the walk outs but I was sent home before I could walk out ConMed had me work from home tsk tsk . Well maybe we can push this out after the virus hits again

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please moonwalk out :eek:

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still no moonwalk outs. :eek:

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did all of you take the 12 week severance package? :eek: Then moonwalked out? :eek:

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will someone just moonwalk out already?
    heehee :eek:

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone already did

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope. You're all still there. Moping around with misery, anxiety, resentment, no libido, drug addiction, etc etc

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kudos,

Capitalism at its finest. Why all the complaining? Show up and do what you are passionate about. You only have this one life to make a contribution to the world. Make it count because when you are long gone your friends, coworkers and family will remember you for this.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No :eek:
    I disagree with you :eek:
    I disagree with everyone :eek:
    That's how the internet works :eek: