Original Rep in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Adams Respiratory Therapeutics' started by Anonymous, Aug 21, 2007 at 12:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There used to be a rep in Atlanta named Neil. He was one of the original Adams reps before they went public. Is he still around or has he retired?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remeber that guy. He was a great guy. If I remember right he had a couple of sons. He stayed on even through the Medeva/Rochester days.

It seems like he and several of the other early reps had some equity stake in the old company. Was this correct?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct. Same guy and he had a major equity stake in the old company. I want to say his last name started with a B. Something like Barrow or Baren.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

His name is Neil Brower and he is still in Atlanta. He was a great rep for Adams and became a manager for the Atlanta division until the buy from UCB displaced him. He was great with his team who always did well and a nicer, more motivational manager you could not find. He took a job with Publicis Selling Solutions and was a manager for an Amgen contract for them. That contract was not renewed and he was out of work for about 4 or 5 months and then Publicis put him on another contract where he is currently. I think he will again be looking at the end of the year as that contract is scheduled to end. I also worked for Adams through the UCB buyout where I also lost my position. I have kept in contact with him as he is just the nicest man and I hope good things will happen for him in the future.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I initiated this thread and could not agree with you more on the assessment of Neil's character. I never worked with him but instead worked for a smaller, mirror/copycat, competitor company out of Texas. I eventually worked my way into a very successful career with big pharma. Neil always went out of his way to be kind, accomadating, and professional. I was under the impression though that the stock issued to Neil in the early years at Adams turned out to be a windfall for him when the company went public. Your response and Neil's status with a contract company leave me with a different impression. Can you enlighten me a bit on that?

6. PSS-PM

PSS-PM Guest

Thanks for all of the accolades. Its amazing what rumors started with all of the original Adams reps....(for verification, that was Adams II). Adams led everyone to believe that we all became very rich but the reality is that we had to purchase our stock and did make a great return on our investment but well less than $500,000...before taxes.
    I am working at PSS and yes the contract may or may not end at the end of the year. My title is Project Director but really is a glorified DM. I have a team of flex reps scattered throughout the US. The reality is that I have one in college and another one will go next year, so I have to work. Also, I really enjoy working and at the moment can't imagine retiring!
    I do miss the old Adams Days....the original 5 started out on straight commission. The truth is, the Adams were always good to me....but I always produced. There are a lot of wonderful memories of that time.
    NB

7. ALA

ALA Guest

Great guy...worked with him as rep and manager. Highest integrety. Any company would be glad to get him.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Neil, you and I worked together under Brent in Atlanta. I have always wondered what you were doing and now, ironically, I am in Philadelphia working for Publicis Selling Solutions. Small world. I cannot believe that your boys are so grown up and off to college. You really were a great rep and very respected by your physicians and peers. Margaret.y6crnc

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok Margaret....thanks.
    Are you at Blue Bell?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brent Dixon?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Neil, nice to see you are still doing well. As you may know UCB let go the entire primary care sales force at the end of Feb 2010. You were and still are on of the best. Gib

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi, Neil and Margaret this is Carl first time on this website. Neil lost your number call me. I am going to send you a test email. I will agree Neil is the most outstanding representative and person I have ever known. Margaret, how are you? same Margaret that could recite her periodic tables looking at the ceiling of the room. Love to hear from you both.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked Sr. and Jr. and don't remember a NB or a Margaret, but who really cares. This is 2010 and this ship has been sailing w/o NB and Margy and doing quite well.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Neil has not retired. You can find him through linkedin. I am also an original Adams rep and am currently unemployed

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, there were several of us from the early Adams days that made it through to the UCB dissolution. Hi, Neil..you are a great guy!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Neil is now working at Solvay

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah , so , what the fuck do you want , asshole??

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice guy , myabe he can give you a loan with all the money after the buyout

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I always see him at the bagel shop!