Ortho Molecular will be #1

Discussion in 'Metagenics' started by Anonymous, Nov 5, 2006 at 10:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The big mystery is to what standard of compliance that Orthomolecular is manufacturing to. The company has no certifications that can be ascertained from their website (NPA, USP or NSF) that apply to nutritional cGMPs.

The author stating Ortho's case has been repeatedly asked what type of certifications his company has to prove his assertion they are capable of producing supplements manufactured in accordance to protocols that ensure quality. He has failed to answer.

He has failed to share the type of analytical lab his company has, how it is regulated and what type of equipment it has.

Further, he has been critical of companies with known manufacturing standards, companies that open themselves up to outside scrutiny of NPA, USP, NSF, or an FDA inspection in accordance with the new nutritional cGMPs.

There are at least two major manufacturers that are known to comply with pharmaceutical cGMPs and actually hold federal drug licenses and he seems critical of those companies as well.

How about a straight answer?

Nobody has claimed that Orthomolecular is under any type of scrutiny by the FDA, but FDA inspections are coming to all nutritional manufacturers in accordance with a law passed by Congress 2 years ago, so nothing sinister is implied.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are already number 2

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Number 2 in what? Quality control, I doubt it as they don't appear to have any type of certification. Formulation, appear to be knocking off everybody else, don't seem capable of original thought or good science for that matter (liver cleanse? come on, now . . . ).

I think they are actually #3 in the category of sophism and marketing hype, right behind Metagenics and Xymogen.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can't put xymogen in the same catagory as metagenics. Come on. They have never done anything original. They steal from peter to pay paul. The end is near.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think you give Xymo enough credit, I don't ever recall Metagenics asking doctors to become stockholders. How ethical would it be for a physician to sell products (at 100% markup) from a company they hold stock in? Looks like they are copying big pharma for a change.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sophmoric humor not your forte?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what kind of money do these reps make. Im currently selling device, sick of the rat race and have a nutrition background. Anybody?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run away

Don't work for Ortho. A few years ago they tried doing the following...as a way to motivate the reps ortho would either add or deduct the percentage of where you came in at goal. 110% you get a 10% bump in salary. Grow your territory 35% and hit 95% of goal..guess what...5% decrease in base salary. All the managers are yes men. The CEO is a punk. If you are a Christian and love all that it has to offer...well this place is for you

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Run away

So if you are a Muslim stay away?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In response to being Muslim. Ortho is extremely conservative. Picture big time mega churches in the Midwest. I knew a Jewish employee and that person was uncomfortable all the time. The way ortho conducts meetings and the terms they use seem borderline illegal. No separation of church and state. They have decent products, but nothing else is decent. Good luck in your search.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gee, I thought Alabama was #1.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a rep for a competitive company. The ortho rep in my area was telling my docs his company had the highest standards in the industry, turns out they had no certifications (NPA, USP, or NSF), yet he led my docs to believe they were drug industry standard. I don't know if they have passed the recent dietary supplement inspection, but they got nailed for labelling by the FDA. Also, their products are not physician only, they are available in retail outlets as well.