Osseohealth position NYC

Discussion in 'Osteohealth' started by Anonymous, Oct 27, 2009 at 7:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This position is listed on Medreps.Com:

Compensation: $110K to $130K Salary Range: None to None
    Type: Salary + Commission Commission Range: None to None
    Auto Package: Company Car Bonus Range: None to None
    Benefits: Luitpold Pharmaceuticals offers a complete benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, vision plan, 401 (k) plan with company match, profit-sharing plan, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending plan, free life insurance, long-term disability, service awards and annual holidays.

Job Description, Qualifications, Territory
    Description: Company Info: Osteohealth is a division of Luitpold Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a leading pharmaceutical company manufacturing both generic and brand name products located on Eastern Long Island. Osteohealth Co. is Luitpold's cutting-edge biotechnology division. It currently markets products used in dental bone grafting and guided bone regeneration. Luitpold also has made a significant investment through the Osteohealth Division to the research and development of tissue engineering products. Are you truly committed to superior quality, as well as an innovative working environment? Then, come join the Osteohealth team! We continue to invest heavily in research and development in all divisions, and we are always looking for experienced, high-energy, professional candidates to join our growing company. Job Description: The continuing growth of the Osteohealth Company, a leading manufacturer of dental device products, has created a need for a Sales Representative to cover New York City, Westchester, Bronx and Staten Island. The position will be based in either New York City or Westchester. In this key position, you MUST HAVE at least two years relevant sales experience in the dental market; preferably in the bone grafting/implantology segments. No entry level candidates will be considered. Territory Sales Representatives receive a base salary plus commission and a company car.

Qualifications: BS degree required. Minimum of 2 years of successful dental sales experience. Strong working knowledge of MSOffice (Word, Excel). Extensive travel is required, including overnights. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.

Territory: New York City, Westchester, Bronx & Staten Island

Travel: 30 - 40%

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the manager like?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These guys are junk. No joke, they are looking for Pharma reps. Can't blame them, this is just how they think. You just can't teach an old dog new tricks.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should take the job, I hear it is paradise in Shirley, NY with beautiful women and fantastic leadership.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The continuing growth of the Osteohealth Company, a leading manufacturer of dental device products, has created a need for a Sales Representative to cover New York City, Westchester, Bronx and Staten

Now that is funny. They cant keep reps to stay. Over 20+ reps have left this company in the last two years. 7 or 8 in the last couple of weeks. Doesnt sound like a company that is growing. Continued Growth? There down 20% this year.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Baahhhh Haahhh Haaahhh Haaaahhh !!! Now that is a loaded question if I ever heard one !!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't even call it management. They are a joke and have ruined this company. Every tenured rep. has left in the past year and is now selling against Osteohealth. Worst career move you could EVER make !!! DON'T DO IT...RUN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION....FAST !!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would be a really BAD move. RUN fast in the other direction!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see many openings available at Osteohealth. Is it that the reps. are leaving due to poor management or is the management just serial firing machines that get their kicks out of firing people..??? Either way it seems like a very poor place to work.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The answer is YES.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

worse than used car salesmen......cheeseballs X 10......

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did the job discription include "Micro Management"? They need to hire a bunch of 20 yrs olds just out of college who need to have their hand held. The seasoned "adult" reps that have left this company had annual grow of 30+ percent. Now with the "Pharma " duds, sells are tanking and business is being taken daily. They have a book of tricks that they forced feed the team and put no merit into the years of relationship building. Plus, I think that Luitpold is going to disolve the division.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that the moving vans were coming to clear out the desks at Osteohealth. They are taking half of them over to Straumann and the other half over to ACE.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a brilliant idea !!! Check it out....I am going to run off all the tenured representatives that have built this division and send them all to the competitors.....now they can use all their sales contacts to take away my business....THEN I am going to propose that this is NOT a relationship sell....it is a 3 minute detail....(are you following?).....then I am going to propose to hire saaay.....about 60 unemployed pharma. reps. to knock on GP's doors. Since 1 out of 10 GP's is doing a little extraction grafting...this seems like a great opportunity. Lastly, I am going to micro-manage the hell out of them so I have continuous turn-over and pay through the nose for unemployment and re-hiring and re-training costs. This should turn around my business and put us back on track. Isn't it a brilliant idea ????

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Osteohealth gas gone GREEN...and by doing so they have cut back on the amount of business they do by HALF !!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like that. Good one.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Biilliant"! Boy did MJ get sold a bill of goods. Can not wait to chat with Paul Note at the AO meeting. Let's dump the good reps, bring on sub-par pharma managers who where let go and then hire a bunch of kids to run around with "Binders" The DDS are really baffled!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the gruesome twosome still at this company? You know who I mean Nancy K and Dave S?

Don't trust either of them Dave tattles on his team to Nancy.