Otezla is ours!

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Aug 12, 2019 at 2:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Finally, our BD does something that will work

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any legitimate sources or are you just full of shiz?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Says who? I thought we’d back off Otezla once we got the Enbrel news.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You wanna sell an ancient product until 2029?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Congratulations on getting the hottest sales force on the planet! Embrel reps should bow down to them!!!!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

THAT sales force is the reason for Otezla success. It would be smart to retain them all...but we won't

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen is retaining ALL Otezla sales force.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We would do well to take most of them. Like any sales force, there are some good, some average and some bad. My sense from interacting with them is that they have many more good and very few bad. I've seen some good sales teams over my career and my sense of this one (granted I've only meet about a dozen of them) is that they are good not because they are good looking, but because they aren't distracted. They simply go to work over and over and over. We would do well to understand that and back down on all the non sales activities we put you guys through.

Signed, - an old manger, close to retirement

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Typical stupid pharma rep. comment. How do you live with yourself being so pathetic & smug? You do realize hot or not offices and staff laugh & roll our eyes at at how pathetic you all are. We prob laugh hardest at the "hot" ones bc they fit the profile even more as pharma reps. Disgusting.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your response suggests that you are not a pharma rep yet here you are trolling a board. Fine, it's pretty interesting fodder. The only folks that ever have an issue with "hot" people are bitter folks that likely have an issue or disdain for just about everything in their lives.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

correct me if I’m wrong...and I don’t know it all....but Amgen bout a product...not the company. So why would reps be apart of the transaction

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They had the option to buy the molecule or by the molecule and its people associated with it they chose to buy both. What they do with everybody is a wait-and-see guessing game

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They said they are keeping the reps. Probably because Otezla is a water pill that barely works so they know the reps made it a billion dollar drug.... not the studies/results

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Aw, Sounds like someone is old and ugly and bitter

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WAY overpaid. Analysts said this drug worth 10 Billion, tops. Paid 3.4 Billion more than the highest analyst estimate of its value. Other companies dodged a bullet at this price.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Analyst expected 4X of $2B or $8B. At $13.4B Amgen needs this drug to hit $3.35B for 4X. The ramp to $3.35B should also be noted since the drug expiry is 2028. This price will put undo pressure on the brand like Kyprolis since Amgen paid $10B for it.

This pressure will cause the hot Celgene reps to leave and only the loser Enbrel ones willing to take shit as they have for Enbrel will stay to collect a crappy paycheck. This brand will stall out at $2.5-2.8B and that shortfall will get worse with more entrants and having inferior internal marketing and loser sales reps who stay.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is similar to what the analysts said when Amgen bought Enbrel and Immunex for $16 billion in 2002. Total Enbrel sales in the US alone over the last 17 years is more than double what Amgen originally paid for it.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another Kyprolis like drug not meeting the expect top end of sales expectations..... I bet McKinsey/BCG forecast showed peak sales of $4B plus during due diligence.

This high price will lead to pressure on the brand to perform beyond what the drug is capable.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry, but these are nonsensical assumptions.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not entirely nonsensical. The analyst speculation is just that and the projected #s aren't sourced so i'll speak outside the abstract. If left alone, the existing Otezla sales force would likely continue their positive trajectory, however many(if not most) Otezla reps will leave this "unknown" sooner than later because they have gotten used to a favorable culture that Amgen will not foster; and couldn't and wouldn't duplicate. Enbrel reps can't carry this torch.