Otezla is ours!

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Aug 12, 2019 at 2:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oooooooh, but you did.
    Every. Single. One.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Happy to be wrong tbh

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Clearly written by an Otezla rep. LOL

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Clearly a response from an angry & entitled energy-vampire that sucks the energy from every room she walks into. I sell Enbrel (and I'm not exactly a youngster) and I see your type at every meeting. Just. Retire. Already

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're all screwed, if you're in the field. Welcome to Amgen!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Otezla reps have been success and they will leave over time due to the Amgen culture. Growth will stall and then Murdo will make the sales environment even worse making the problem worse for the remaining reps.

Good reps all leave Amgen

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I doubt seriously you'd be as angry as you are about this meaningless little post if you're not an Otezla rep. I mean this really got under your skin! Relax! This person wasn't calling you ugly, old, uselss, or anything like that. It's just kind of obvious you're way too big of a fan to of Otezla reps to not be one yourself.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fair enough, well-stated, and solid reasoning. This response will be 100% free of snark. My posts on this thread are #6, 39, 42 if you would like to get a sense of how I am feeling about this whole thing.

Yourself included, many of us have been at this for long enough that we know people in other sales forces—I have a relative that launched/sells Otezla in another part of the country. I’ve got former teammates that sell Humira locally and in a neighboring state. The success that Celgene has had selling a drug with only OK efficacy is truly admirable.

I’ll humbly apologize for the ageist remarks (I’m 47) but I really don’t wish to be lumped in with my Amgen “peers” who might think it’s cute to take a swipe at a sales force they have deemed lesser.

Hoping for the best for all involved.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow this post is actually quite refreshing! Look we are all in the same situation either way there’s going to be cuts them or us-they have the proven track record not us. It’s a flip of the coin and I wish us all luck. I also firmly believe that the Otezla reps will slowly disappear because they were used to a much better life. Unfortunately they will be in for a rude awakening

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good reps all leave Amgen

Bingo, the culture sucks the life out of the good ones and life is too short to put up with it!!!!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard from another rep in the field that the Celgene reps got Amgen offers this week- do you think there’s any truth to that?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We did, but many have not yet signed because we have a million questions.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any one hear anything new with the Otezla people. Not sure why I’m so worried they keep them and ax us.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would keep them. Have you seen how hot their woman are. Cumlicious!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Offers are out. The problem is Celgene did low bases and contests + bonuses. I guess that’s normal for launch but joining Amgen then only offered base plus 35k bonus. No contests. Contests btw are 17k a quarter. Most will probably leave- not because Amgen isn’t great but we aren’t allowed to negotiate the difference.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will be free to leave. Why not wait until you are at Amgen and then look for a job while on their dime?

Why are you always such a negative Nelly? Damn it must suck to be you with your constant negative outlook on life.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

actually Celgene pays the same if not more than the rest of the industry in this space. They pay (base) based of prior experience. There are people who this is their first job in the industry selling Otezla. And 35k is the target bonus payout per year for companies like BMS, AbbVie, Novartis....

plus we now get this killer retention bonus from Amgen. So on top of the retention bonus from bms, we’re getting an additional $15k plus double bonus payout all of 2020...you can make over $100k

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry to disappoint, but we aren't paying the retention bonus because you left for Amgen. Go read your award - you will get 25% only. We are keeping the other 75% sucker.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen just loves their sign-on and retention bonuses. May sound like a lot but they tax the hell out of it and you have to pay it back in full with in a certain time frame if you leave before the deadline.... usually if you leave before a year or two years.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There was no timeline attached to it