Otezla

Discussion in 'Express Scripts' started by Anonymous, Aug 4, 2014 at 5:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can ES have Otezla on their preferred list and at the same time Accredo refuses to fill it?

Do you clowns not now how to monetize advantages that come your way.

Anyway, after a bunch of calls I got my husband started on Otezla after Accredo finally allowed CVS to ship it.

Who runs the show over there? Makes no sense.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just send all rxes to CVS, no sense in wasting time with Accredo and ES.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

easier said than done

my husband's employer used a plan that uses Accredo as it's preferred specialty pharmacy so we had to start the process there

we had to fight them like crazy but eventually they gave him permission for CVS to fill it.

I am in Finance but I don't understand why ES would have a preferred agent that their own specialty pharmacy refuses to fill

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you pharma reps not get it? We don't care what your savings to the consumers or the payer are, we care about maximizing returns to our shareholders and we do that by maximizing rebates paid by manufacturers.

Try this simple math.

Company A's product cost $100 bucks and they sell $5 billion of it. We get a 5% rebate.

Company A's product cost $1 and they sell $1 million of it. We don't even care what the rebate is, we are pushing Company A's product. We will even go so far as to lie about Company B's product if it threatens the rebate stream of Company A.

Damn, I thought the Pfizer people were dumb but you may be just as idiotic.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and look at you, sooooo intelligent laying it all out there so nicely, on a public forum, anonymously and for freeeeeee

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's how it works:

We try to maximize rebates PAID. We then keep most of it and pass along some of it.

The fact is that AbbVie and Amgen pay BILLIONS in rebates to keep competitors at a disadvantages formulary position. We take those rebate payments and pass them on to our shareholders.

We don't give a rat's ass if Otezla is significantly cheaper than Humira or Enbrel. That's the end users issue. We are compensated by the size of the rebate we generate. We use step edits, prior authorizations, NDC lock outs, and other utilization management tactics to ensure that Otezla doesn't not hurt our rebates from AbbVie and Amgen.

Now listen to this. If you pay us more, we will drop Humira and Enbrel like a two dollar whore and us our access impediment tactics to hurt them.

It's all about the money children.

Now, go call on some docs or whatever you do. They have ZERO power. We have it all.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We get paid more to keep Humira and Enbrel preferred, so we keep Otezla in the basement.

Who cares if the patient pays more? We don't and the employer just passes it along to the worker anyway.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who cares. we suck and so do drug companies. if anyone knew how we make money we would be in prison.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I could not care less about any particular drug, but we are evil.

We used kickbacks to keep more effective, less costly drugs from doctors and patients.

Sick system and I'm ashamed.