Our assets below...thinking of quitting.

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Sep 23, 2017 at 9:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rep here married; Saved 2.2 million. Wife saved 1 million. No kids. Still have mortgage but rates are very low. Tired of dealing with doctors and tired of dealing with Shire micro. Would need to buy insurance on the open market because neither of us near Medicare age which could be hefty. But think we can swing it. Maybe change jobs. She's in marketing with a clothing retail firm.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How old are you? And do you live in an expensive city? Have you read any financial independence blogs like Mr Money Mustache or The Money Habit? The author of The Money Habit retired in her 20s with ~$2M (Her husband still works) and is expecting a baby. You might be able to retire or switch to part time work now but this all depends on the lifestyle you and your wife want to lead.

Great job with the savings! I highly recommend posting on the 2 blogs I mentioned earlier so you can meet likeminded people. There are other pharma people on Mr. Money Mustache.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Translation Im unemployed and broke and my wife works at Walmart in Plus size womens clothing department

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have done well. I understand your frustration. By evaluating the 4% rule, you both should be fine for the rest of your life. Work part time or do something you enjoy; however, give back as well is a nice idea to help others (soup kitchen, volunteering). I have saved a lot as well. Not as much as you with 3 kids but have over a million dollars with my husband. We will work until about 60 if we can last that long.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good for you! You're in an enviable position - ignore the haters and create the life YOU want, not what others can only dream of. All the best to you!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

congrats

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if youre in that position then you should be working for fun. Do what you wanna do and the way you wanna do it. If they eventually fire you then you collected more of their money and wgaf

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Congratulations. Well deserved accomplishment.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you don't have to put up with the bs here

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

did you have a Side Gig?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes I drove a pink uber and sold pain cream for hemmoroids and anal warts. Wifey was my biggest client :cool::cool::cool: