our best are leaving

Discussion in 'Galderma' started by Anonymous, Jun 3, 2014 at 2:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember NVS derm sales gigs only last a few short years, then the patent runs out and they scrap the derm division. They have no long term derm plan. It is always a one drug run for them with derm, and then their out, until they develop or acquire a new derm drug years later and form a new "short term" derm division to exploit that drug. History proves that. Do your homework and understand exactly what you are getting into, because you will be looking for the emergency exits a few years from now, if you accept this "opportunity."

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're right. I'd be an idiot to take a 23% base increase for the next 15 years or so versus staying here with the jack ass regional managers we have. What am I thinking? Not to mention I'd actually make better bonus and they have other Derm drugs in the pipeline.

You're an idiot! Must be a regional...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for that "fine message!" Does this person know anything about Nvs?? What a naive post. Let's see, nvs has: better pay, biologic drug, management team with class and have their chins level with their reps.

So tired of these ignorant asses in management. This is why Galderma has tanked, especially compared to its potential a few years ago!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EVERYONE is an idiot. I'm on here for pure entertainment!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll just never forget listening to him at the bar at a poa a few years ago talking about a former national manager's private struggles with his wife. There was probably 8-10 of us. C.s. just sat there laughing while he relived this guys story and showed no sympathy. I was stunned. I lost so much respect for him and never looked at him the same again.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct C S is not a nice person very abrasive with direct reports and not really an effective manager on any level. Very smug too. He has simply been at a level that has had very little scrutiny of late.

His incompetence, arrogance and inability to help drive the business will soon be much more apparent.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was anyone around when his while district jumped ship when he was a DM? Should that not have been a red flag?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He still has the same management style and abrasive personality and is running current employees out as well no as a Regional. OH by the way, I believe CS is good buddies with KG in HR and AH in training not the CEO AH.

Further proof that if you are a good friend of some goof in HR or the home office you will be protected no matter how poor you are as a manager. People like that in Management and also in HR have ruined this place and they keep retaining their friends as opposed to looking at who should stay and grow the business and who needs to go.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've seen kg role her eyes at his name and I've also heard cs bash the hell out of EVERYONE from training department, especially wh. I don't think everyone needs to be as concerned about him though. You all know who he is. His character is defined by his own actions. Stories of him cold shouldering doctors at events when he was in their offices weeks or months prior and should have remembered them. Just the way the mans wired.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is CS- Sellen?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep , I'm busy interviewing because of him , he has no idea how to motivate . More concerning is he has no business acumen , just terrible with data and what it means . He just pours over basic reports and doesn't understand the differences in regional business . A real company yes man who pushes down never up.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm assuming so? I was at the bar/patio outside at the fall poa when he was going off on that former regional. I left when he started laughing at the stuff the guy went through. Felt sick

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think so. I was on the patio at the fall poa they're referring to. I had to get up and leave as he talked about this. He just kept laughing at this poor guys private issues with his wife and career. I was embarrassed to be listening to it. I felt sick and went to my room. I'm sure cs is a good person and successful for a reason, I just keep my distance.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry for repeat. Didn't see my earlier post. Awesome

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recently left Galderma for a bigger payday . Simple really , 20 + K bump and a more positive environment . I agree with the above posters about VPs like Sellen , they are adverse to trying new things and just blame the DSM or DSR s for failure . THEY are the problem . I achieved plenty of awards , won IC and PI , but felt like after a while I was over looked for the next big thing , I was taken for granted my pass success all I had given ( would have given if encouraged and rewarded ) forgotten . Finally when my bonus opportunity got smaller and THEY didn't care I was ready to go .

I still keep in touch with friends in sales , most of the new reps suck , the new sales managers suck even worse and guys like Sellen just don't get it . Galderma will lose another 30-40 salespeople in the coming weeks . Most like me will me high achievers that feel disrespected by their pathetic " raise " and want to vote with their feet .

Galderma will NOT WIN with Sellen , Curley , Armstrong or Carruth at the wheel . No need to reassign to lower positions , Mr CEO , make a clean break before you lose more of the " back bone " of the sales force , that being , the highly thought of ( amoung their peers ) long serving DSMs and PSR s.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too recently left. However, I disagree with a number of your points. First, Sellen is not a vp or anywhere remotely close. Second, I have a high level of respect for carruth. I think he navigated his career well through the nonsense that is the culture in dfw. I think highly of many of the new reps. I trained a few and am still close with them. I have watched them succeed and maintain positive outlooks in a very difficult culture. I'm impressed! The new managers as well. Many I knew as reps and have watched their climb into their dm role. In some cases this company was extremely unfair. The stories of the hoops these individuals jumped through are absurd. Most have a vision for the impact they hope to bring but are hamstrung by awful regional managers. Classic middle managers caught in the go-between thank-less role. I respect the hell out of my former dm and she was the one of my second thoughts to staying.

So many of the posts focus on individuals. I think we are all better than this. Though it's great to anonymously blast away and we can feel good for a moment, there are real people being referenced here. It's sad if you feel you've been "wronged", but there's always two sides and perspectives to things and only one side represented on here which too often is tearing down real people. I just think it's classless. In my almost 7 years at Galderma I've posted very few messages on this site. Usually trying to add humor but never at an individuals expense. For the "friction" I ran into in my career at Galderma, I persevered knowing they had no clue who I really was. They never took the time to figure me out. I didn't take their criticism personally and knew I'd be successful elsewhere if they chose to be so obtuse. And it's worked out very well.

Don't let these regionals or this company define who you are. Achieve success despite them. Keep a strong eye on how much they truly impact your life. So many I talk to are the most depressed they've ever been in their careers. Don't shelf all of your anger on someone, focus on making changes, even career changes away from the toxic environment that doesn't seem to change there if need be. A lot of people I've spoken to who left say it was a long process. So be very patient.

Lastly. I used to have faith in Galderma, that they would do what was right when there were major issues along the way. Until I removed my faith in the organization, I was unable to work and feel contentment. Quite simply, as long as you have a reasonable standard of expectation from Galderma , regardless of topic, you will more than likely be disappointed. Remove those expectations and it's harder to feel let down.

I'm out...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of leaving.....have we taken out the Valeant trash yet??????????

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree in part with both who have left . I too will leave very soon . VPs , NSM whatever the title I also feel these middle managers in DFW are a buzz kill for managers and reps alike . Many were promoted by their home office buddies and simply did not have the skills needed to perform as the market changed so rapidly .

I think the point is quite a few middle managers frustrated the career goals of strong and willing salespeople and managers . They clung onto the old ways and thought all solutions revolved around card changes . I heard myself many a time how "they" had to go do this job in order to get that job , or move or whatever , like some frat house hazing , WHO CARES , that was yesterday . My fear is without real change through middle management Galderma will continue to spiral down as far as morale in the sales force.

You'll might disagree with calling people out by name but there is a theme here. C.S . K.C and others have had their day and they simply don't measure up .

I certainly wouldn't have wanted to have them lead me across the beach at D-Day , they would say yes to their CO and send me straight into the line of fire !!!!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think there is a significant difference from dm's who came from the field recently having dealt with managed care on the front lines compared to a cs or kc who "think" they know what it's like but it's clear they are so off. Even how they communicate.

If these two were in the military, they would hold high rank of the mess hall. They could follow routine with precision but would never be depended on for their ability to: think creatively, strategize (and be held accountable), and certainly help their people out. Similarly, they would still be able to strike the fear into everyone because at every meal everyone would wonder what poison or random thing was dropped on their food or drink. They would love that subtle control and power... It would just feed there lil' egos.

But seriously. They are our mess hall leaders! It's their mess hall. They run this mess hall. We eat here, they get their identities in this mess hall. Thus mess hall meets our needs. This mess hall makes them feel important. But in the end... It's still a mess.. Hall.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed . fulmore said it was sellen who drove him mad and in the end made his decision to leave easy . a follower not a leader for real