Out to pasture

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, May 22, 2019 at 9:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Observations: prime time partners group. Comments I’ve heard like “that’s the old way of doing things” to the emerging leaders program choosing people in their 30’s. I hear leadership loud and clear that there is no future for anyone to progress in their career if they are over 50. Been at the top for 20 years and ready to go. How bout my prime time partners? What do y’all feel?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yea, I'm 52 and have 22 years in...this co. bites the big one, but I love calling on docs/nurses and doing the best I can, then I go home. I know I cannot find another high paying job like this...milk it to the bitter end.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In alliance with AARP...GSK will be putting everyone 50yrs and older into a specialty sales group soon that they can just lay off all at once.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have no loyalty to GSK/ViiV as I have been here long enough to understand there is no loyalty. Make the money. I have been in the industry for 27 years and it is a good industry.

Simply love it here as this company has allowed me to be a working mother and be there for my children, while making a much better income than I could have anywhere else. Yes my husband is the primary bread winner in our family, but you would have to be some kind of stupid to not be a pharmaceutical rep and earn great money, perks, car, and very little work and a lot of flexibility.

As a working mother who has been able to contribute to our family financially while being there for my children, why would I give up the great income from GSK/ViiV or any pharmaceutical company.

Someone needs to stand up for Pharma and stop all the whining. This is the best job ever.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny common thread, “you cannot make more doing something else”. You are all losers! Scum bags to the bitter end.