Over 50 and not Hired

Discussion in 'Shionogi' started by Anonymous, May 1, 2013 at 10:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny. You were probably reserved or national guard. You just joined to get the benefits. Or ROTC who woke up early in college to go jogging with those high goofy shorts. You are the worst kind.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong all the way around...give your name and address I can visit you and kick your ass as well as your Dads, then you call the cops and I will tell him your comments ( he was military...probably) and walk away then when you and Pop's are coming out of the hospital I'll do it again...deal?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Usually people get mad when it's the truth. Or else you would ignore it. I believe the other poster. I've seen many folks like you in my days of Pharma. They hype up their military credentials and come to find out, they didnt do squat. All they want is 10% off at Home Depot or Lowes!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

your age may have been a good part of why you where not hired, but not because your old, because your skills are old. You may be one bad ass 60 y/o vet that could kick a 30 y/o's ass in a bar brawl, but in the two minutes it takes you to get your glasses on and remember what you wanted to say your customer already walked away.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, 56, 25 yrs experience, not hired

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a total bullshit, discriminatory comment and isn't worth the 10 seconds to read it!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At least the providers would look at us with some respect and credibility, not some former jock or cheerleader who has learned to vomit out the corporate line. We know how to actually have a conversation with the provider regarding their practice and how to partner with them.

Don't forget to close the sale too - the doctors love this close by the way. "And doctor, for your next 10 patients will you prescribe product X for them?" Try that one and see how fast you get shown the door. I honestly think if I were a physician and was given that line, I would look at the rep and ask them "so you want me to prescribe this product for my next 10 patients right? What happens if that patient doesn't have a condition that would match the indications of your product? You did say my "next 10 patients" didn't you? I think I might have to contact the FDA and let them know how company Y is promoting their product off-label."

So keep that one in mind rookie!!! Talk to them and just try to be a partner, not another flunky rep who has to hit their 8-10 calls per day.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Granny, are you off your rocker again?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Over 50 and still in pharma or looking to stay in pharma is huge mistake. Move on to a new world times have changed.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go ahead and call her any name you want, but she is 100% correct (and just for the record, I am under 30)

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems to me you have it back assward there. It's those UNDER 50 who should be looking for a different industry. You have time to first of all find it, and then learn it. In my case, I only need to work a few more years, and I am really good at this--so why shouldn't I keep doing it? What reason would there be for a company in a totally unrelated field to hire me?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since I am a rookie, can you give me your experience using Osphena?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Young or Old is irrelevant in sales...it's the interaction that counts!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or is it your drug being on formulary? You old farts crack me up!!! Thinking you sell sell sell

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

54yo male, 15 years industry experience, Dallas, not hired.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are stupid. I'm not over 50 but have seen how older people are treated in sales. Pharma is cruel to the over 50 rep!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

56.......30 years exp......hired.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Age 47 with 9 years of experience, including gyn, and not hired:-(

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

68, 39 years exp

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Out of curiosity, of those over 50 and unemployed due to downsizing, how long have you been out? Almost 3 years for me. Sad I know.