Over goal and threatened with PIPs

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, Jun 29, 2019 at 4:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you verifying employment status for each of the anonymous posts? Good for you!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

look, you either play the game or you don't.

besides, if you get let go, you get a decent vacation. look at it that way.

however, if you are in a very stressful situation, then just look for another job.

favor to you, regardless of what you decide.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let’s think about it.
    NE has become white space for other companies due to lack of access to ALL of Pharma.
    HS model was completely dissolved in that part of the country last year @ Novo.

Maybe it’s because you see one HCP that can write Rxs per week.
    So, everyone knows that your number to goal is complete nonsense.

Here’s your warning, NE is going to be gutted in the near future.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The whole post is BS. No one is being threatened with a PIP for ‘only’ being at 160%. Posts like that come from people who might be at 160%, but they are terrible in front of customers and got lucky with a low goal this POA. They like to ignore the fact that they suck at their job, but instead blame everything on factors outside of their control. Being put on a PIP and being at 160% doesn’t mean you’re put on a PIP because you’re at 160%.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How hard is this for people to understand?

If you are above goal on IC attainment, it means that you outperformed their STRETCH projections for sales performance in that time period. I think any reasonable person would say that is an accomplishment, not a sign that you are performing poorly.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So how exactly should a sales rep respond to being put on a PIP while performing above goal?

I mean, some managers are going to think they are God's gift to the company and expect you to do something to WOW them in order for them to feel like you're performing well. Others are going to remember how they were successful when they were sales reps and hold their teams to some of those standards. Feedback will be different and subjective from each person and the only thing fair to the sales rep is to support negative feedback with negative results.

You can't blame only poor results on a rep and then say it's a fluke when they are above goal. That removes all objectivity and even if the rep is not amazing, they will feel like the process to determine their performance was not fair. You may want to say, "Oh well Life isn't fair, sweetheart" or some other recycled jab, but if you want to respect your employees and create an environment where people want to work, you don't do that. There's just no reason for it.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How hard is it to understand that you’re not a number, but instead responsible for your actions and behaviors? If you’re not good, then you’re not good, regardless of what goal was set for you this POA.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How exactly should you respond? By doing what you're asked to do on your PIP. Like it or not, your manager's JOB is to subjectively evaluate you. Unless you're going to him/her and demanding to be put on a PIP anytime you are below goal, you can't cry about the potential of being on one when you're above goal. Don't pretend we don't have competencies for each role with specific expected behaviors tied to each competency. If the competencies aren't there, regardless of performance, then expect repercussions. And, the job is what it is - there are other jobs out there if you don't like it. Don't expect the job to change just because you want it to.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe cause the truth about the jersey fling(s) needs to come out. Really are you saying that sleeping with someone isn’t an advantage for promotion. And bubbles this wasn’t your first time in the sack in hackensack. #guzzler

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty sure whatever is/isn’t going on doesn’t affect you in any way whatsoever. Are you hoping to watch or something? #creeper

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How does this response remotely address what the original poster said? Of course any employee expects to be held responsible for their actions. But finishing above goal does not warrant negative consequences. You can’t randomly decide you have a minimum amount of employees to punish and then make up new standards to hold them to without making it clear what that new standard is before the sales period begins. What kind of nonsense justification are you trying to invent? Unless you’re top 10/top 50/etc. you’re subject to punishment even if you are exceeding your published sales goals. That’s bullshit and you know it is.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are far too many contradictions, fallacies and general lack of basic understanding of people for me to be able to explain this to you any clearer than I did previously. I’m not going to waste my time responding to more of these fabricated and ridiculous scenarios that aren’t the true examples you’d be able cite as evidence of what you’re apparently trying to argue for.

I mean this is what your counterpoint is......“Unless someone is asking to be put on a PIP when they’re below goal, it is incomprehensible why they’d be upset that they’re being put on a PIP without sufficient, objective justification when they’re ABOVE goal?” That is literally what you said. You should feel ridiculous for that kind of thinking. Seriously that is some embarrassing mental gymnastics you’re doing there. MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS DAY - Please get involved folks!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your entire argument is that you’re a number. If you’re above 100%, then no one should be able to take any corrective action against you. If that’s the case, then you’re still a number when you’re below 100%, and corrective action should always be taken. If that’s not what you want, then you need to live with the system as it is: your selling skills and behaviors are subjectively evaluated by your boss. If he/she doesn’t like what they see, then they can take corrective action against you, regardless of the number your posting. It’s not really that hard to follow. You just want performance to be the only thing that matters.....when you’re making goal.

And, it’s called LOGIC, chump. Sorry you’re having trouble following along.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Randomly decide? Go look at the competencies outlined for your job and the corresponding behaviors. Nothing random about them. If you don’t do those things, then you can be put on a PIP, regardless of your performance versus goal. You’re acting like you’re being put on a PIP for performance. That’s never the case. Try again.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Performance is only very loosely correlated with ability. About 80% of "performance" in pharma is luck.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So says the unsuccessful person.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually I’ve been very successful. I’ve even won COE. I just am not so narcissistic to think it was entirely my own doing.

If performance WERE 100% skill, wouldn’t we see the same people every year? And yet we don’t.

The “successful” like to look back and invent reasons why they were successful.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest