Over/Under on Next Round of Firings

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Jun 27, 2018 at 9:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would love to stay here but Genentech’s mgr doesn’t know how to compete unless they are first in class. The Mkt dept is lost in an argument of who went to the best MBA school.. I never seen so many “smart” people make stupid decisions. Our customers hate Genentech and can’t wait till Biosimiliars. This will be a case study future MBA grads learn from.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No need to displace anyone - just have the next NFM in the Dominican Republic.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s a loss cause. The culture at Gene is TOXIC. For example, the ‘rainbow flags’ on all the cubicles and hallways. It diminishes the focus at work. It also ostracize other groups. That’s Corporate America today. If that’s the case, how about a BLM flag or Islamic Flag? How bout Coomunist flag with the hammer and the sickle? HR is mostly to blame with the help of operation managers, as well, to allow one special interest group to underwhelm other groups of people.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Try displaying a Maga banner and see how long you’d last. The left are the least tolerant of people. Talk about double standards.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

EXACTLY

6. Trumpisatraitor

Trumpisatraitor new user

If the rainbow flags distract you from doing your work then maybe you should be part of the round of firings of completely useless ppl.

The LGBTQ flag represents the progress made by the community against hate and discrimination against gays and lesbians. Are you really comparing this to terrorists organizations? I am a straight person and I don't feel distracted or overwhelmed by ONE special interest group. If that's the case for you, maybe you're just not that good at your job.

Why are MAGA folks so pressed? You ppl are the very definition of special snowflake.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone know what the current severance package looks like?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe the Transitional Benefits plan is available in gWiz - internal employees should be able to access.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you don't have great reviews...bye bye

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let the butt kissing and musical chairs begin!!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

- no one at GNE cares nor is offended by rainbow flags

- salary is not really considered for layoffs. level is (IC vs front line mgr vs director). the cost difference between someone making, say, $150k a year vs $200k a year is not 33%. When you count in fixed costs, health benefits, office space, car allowance, etc the gap is much less, like 10-15%.

- how flat they want the organization, reducing redundancies and shrinking areas that are no longer relevant is how they TRY to reduce head count

- in theory they TRY to retain the best talent, regardless of salary. however when the changes are massive and many they tend to have more of a sledge-hammer-eliminate-entire-departments mentality.

- in practice this transformation has done a lot to protect ADs and above. Our EC hasn't reduced head count. FAO promoted a bunch of losers (and I mean LOSERS) into AD positions to protect them.

- I agree with many assessments that BioOnc field force should see about a 50% reduction and the home office folks that support and are closest to them will see a significant reduction although not as much. As you move towards more internal, operational and cross functional roles expect some reduction but no where near 50%. This will happen because brands will say "we cut heads so you should too".

I for one got a retention bonus that I have to pay back if I leave before Q4, then that puts me close to the annual bonus in March. It should be a good bonus year. BioSimilars wont really hit our pocket book until next year. I say this soley based on my hunch that it will take some time for Docs to switch to the new products. Plus the severance for a 13+ year employee is pretty rich. Kind of feel I need to ride this pony out. But my dumb luck I'll get laid off when the Trump economy comes crash down under extreme national debt.

Now if only I can plan the layoff to happen right when I get a job offer.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great more middle Mgt talking out their asses like they know what they are talking about while actually forgetting we are a sales organization..

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The AHR division has been told about the resizing . Though no timeline and how many? A lot of rumors going on but no one except the senior leadership knows the facts.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ALL of the group in bio oncology were told that they weren't the right size. It's happening to EVERYONE. With a dog drug, do you really think they are going to keep a lung, breast and two TEQ reps in each area?
    In your dreams and I'm in management. 2020 all of the other drug groups. Genentech is changing the entire company. Get ready!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard if your manager doesn't love you, you are history. They get first pick.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes there will be life jackets for AKs that don’t sell but can be cheerleader for special projects.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

we’re going back to GPO contracting and bundled pricing on the 3 horsemen since biosimilars are a 2020 reality. The institutions will welcome us with open arms. We will be the pig with lipstick.