Over/Under on Next Round of Firings

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Jun 27, 2018 at 9:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Contracting...hmmm...it depends on whether Roche will be about more revenue less profitability or less revenue and more profitability. They will pick and choose where to contract based upon if we see a long term opportunities to develop our pipeline. Don’t bet your future on your territory be in the mix because there will be a lot of competition..
    PLAY THE LONG GAME!!!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s not just bioonc. The entire field org is going to be cut in half (or more). Then HQ will follow suit to support whatever the new structure is. Our contracting approach is stuck in a world 2-3 decades old. Other companies are way more experienced, effective, and aggressive in that arena. Genentech can only “win” with a first and only molecule. It will be a rough 3-5 years...and a rough decade if the neuro pipeline doesn’t bail the company out...!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree this is the only company I have worked where people who have never been in important accounts for more than three years get promoted as their managers are buddies with their bosses. Amazing AK culture where true hard workers are simply ignored. And then you get a survey link really?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FYI - The above post is almost correct. BioOnc will be the first to go and suffer the deepest cuts 50%-65% of sales force. DMs and RSDs are not in the loop because ALL of their roles will be eliminated(i.e. no CS, DM, RSD -- all new role categories, so everyone will have to interview). So even if you ask, they won't know. Look forward to a "pilot" announcement in the next six weeks. The structure of the upcoming pilot and what has been rolled out as HSE is a glimpse into the future structure . Don't get too comfortable as the future is 2H'21 - after AHR sales have completely fallen off cliff. BioOnc may go fully with pilot before then though, so polish your resumes folks. (If you're entire career has been in sales / sales leadership - your chance of survival is next to zero.) The rest of the field organization will suffer no later than 2H'21 - compliments of CEoF. The home office folks (including me) will suffer the same fate in 1H'21 - all new role categories here too and interviews for everyone. I plan on taking the package when it comes, as my role will be gone too.

If you question the validity of the above - read every email / G+ site you can about CEoF, C3PO, HSE, new Lucentis structure (safe unless PDS doesnt make it). All of the puzzle pieces are there - you just need to take a step back and consider all at once. The timeline, well you are just gonna have to trust me (not set in stone but I am close).

I have nothing to gain by sharing this info - I am not a cafepharma troll nor a competitor. I genuinely care about other people and I could not live with myself if I did not share what I knew about the impact these changes will have on people's lives. Hopefully word will spread from here and it will help at least a few folks. This is the only post I will make and I will not check back to answer any questions. I replied here rather than starting a new thread so it wont cause any immediate red flags in SSF.

Even if you ignore the warning above, heed this: This is a "for profit" organization and the folks leading are responsible for delivering results or their @ss is out. People will always do what is in their own best interest professionally when pushed in a corner - I don't blame them I have a family too. To that end, $9B annual revenue will be gone in three years and GNE will not get that back until 2025. Don't delude yourself - massive cuts are coming. No one is safe unless they have "VP" in their title.

You have been warned... I wish you all good luck in "Transformation"

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FYI - The above post is almost correct. BioOnc will be the first to go and suffer the deepest cuts 50%-65% of sales force. DMs and RSDs are not in the loop because ALL of their roles will be eliminated(i.e. no CS, DM, RSD -- all new role categories, so everyone will have to interview). So even if you ask, they won't know. Look forward to a "pilot" announcement in the next six weeks. The structure of the upcoming pilot and what has been rolled out as HSE is a glimpse into the future structure . Don't get too comfortable as the future is 2H'21 - after AHR sales have completely fallen off cliff. BioOnc may go fully with pilot before then though, so polish your resumes folks. (If you're entire career has been in sales / sales leadership - your chance of survival is next to zero.) The rest of the field organization will suffer no later than 2H'21 - compliments of CEoF. The home office folks (including me) will suffer the same fate in 1H'21 - all new role categories here too and interviews for everyone. I plan on taking the package when it comes, as my role will be gone too.

If you question the validity of the above - read every email / G+ site you can about CEoF, C3PO, HSE, new Lucentis structure (safe unless PDS doesnt make it). All of the puzzle pieces are there - you just need to take a step back and consider all at once. The timeline, well you are just gonna have to trust me (not set in stone but I am close).

I have nothing to gain by sharing this info - I am not a cafepharma troll nor a competitor. I genuinely care about other people and I could not live with myself if I did not share what I knew about the impact these changes will have on people's lives. Hopefully word will spread from here and it will help at least a few folks. This is the only post I will make and I will not check back to answer any questions. I replied here rather than starting a new thread so it wont cause any immediate red flags in SSF.

Even if you ignore the warning above, heed this: This is a "for profit" organization and the folks leading are responsible for delivering results or their @ss is out. People will always do what is in their own best interest professionally when pushed in a corner - I don't blame them I have a family too. To that end, $9B annual revenue will be gone in three years and GNE will not get that back until 2025. Don't delude yourself - massive cuts are coming. No one is safe unless they have "VP" in their title.

You have been warned... I wish you all good luck in "Transformation"

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on and thanks for the info/inside track. My sources concur.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My guess this is going to happen slot sooner than you think, our contracting attempt with AHR is a Chinese fire drill. Reps are going to be cut sales folks by 40%. Non sales generating field personnel will be cut by 50%. Yes structure will be different and will have to be adjusted more once over the next three years. Unfortunately G upper Mgt believes everything the touch turns to gold. Then they run to mother Roche to hid from the fall out..

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That will make for a nice Merry Christmas. Cheers!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest