Overlay Reps

Discussion in 'Shionogi' started by Anonymous, Jun 17, 2013 at 8:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, Shionogi corporate what were you thinking when you created these overlay positions? Why do I ask? Because they have a much bigger opportunity to make more money and higher ranking and so to win P Club vs the regular territory reps. The overlay reps are over either 2 or 3 territories. They call on the biggest targets with the most potential of each territory and then on top of that they have the ability to add as many targets as they want out of each territory? WTF? No offense but let's make it where we all have the same chance. They oversee an addiotnsl territory and in some cases an extra one and on top of all that we (the regular reps) have to share our commissions? That's BS. What's the motivation on selling more?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many of us talk about the overlays. First they were NOT first choice to hire. Second, they will be first to go. Third, they don't work anyway cause we 'regular' reps do ALL the calls anyway. Many of us have the SAME stories. They do shit and let the rest of us carry our own territories. We don't need them and corporate seems to have hired them to ramp the drug up but then they will be gone. Mine is a shit show and a liar.

Corporate must reevaluate them. NOT needed. We all call of key deciles often. These 2nd raters are not needed!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sure hope you are right because I'm working very hard and I love what I do but it kills me that there's no fairness with the overlay reps.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't be haters...sounds like you're making excuses already just out of the gates. You should worry about moving your business and STFU!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one is being a hater just letting corporate know how we feel. And yes we are very focused on our targets....and working hard. We were here first anyways and we welcome anyone as long as it doesn't affect us. So shut up

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

also fed up with overlay. equity MUST happen. This is a joke. It is hard enough out here. I am done if things do not change

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with your anger I feel the same but unfortunately your completely wrong how the company views the overlays. I was in the discussions during the hiring process and the consensus was to the make the overlay a very important person. The company views the overlay as the stronger rep and thus the reason they are calling on all the high decile doctors. Believe me they won't be the first to go what will happen there will be a realignment with the overlay taking over a larger territory with all the key doctors in that territory. Even though I agree with you and share your anger according to the company outlook you are wrong in your assesment of the overlay position.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This poster is a troll

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would agree w the post about overlays will take over main accounts when they realigned again. That makes me mad which is why I work hard but not killing myself and I keep looking for something better. Thanks corporate. I appreciate your loyalty

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So corporate see the overlay reps as the stronger reps? Really? They haven't proven themselves yet...and for what I have seen some are good and some aren't. Some are idiots who interview well and have more years of experience on paper but that's all. Sad but I guess it is what it is.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The posts about them being stronger?? I can tell you for a fact that that is incorrect. I am inside corporate and they were in many cases hired last and are by far not stronger. When the hit comes for layoffs - they will be first to go. You do NOT want to be an overlay.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is absolutely NOT correct. Will never happen.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now THIS is a funny thread. Everyone knows that overlays are the last and worst. Last in first out. Mine hardly works.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank God we overlays have arrived. My team has no clue how to sell and is very lazy. My mgr commented that my presence and the addition of others from big pharma companies is a blessing and may spark sales. Stp bitching and work as a team. Besides I kemp now I can teach my team a thing or two.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By your comment you've been drinking. Overlays are fucked and I am one.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The voice of reason. You people are idiots! Over late (2nd hires) and Over laid-off!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many overlays are there? Can't be over 12 for the entire country so there is no way they could take over the main POC reps jobs.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Overlay reps will not be 'taking over any territory' now or in future. They will not be needed in future.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The promise to the overlay reps is that they will be hired after 6-12 months base on performance. They can be as valuable and more so than the permanent reps. This company is looking for hard work and dedication.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try. Overlays are calling on the highest potential OBGs. In general, but not every case, they have the most industry experience in the district. On average their salaries are higher than the territory reps.

Now there are always exceptions and those of you complaining may be among them, but don't fool yourself into thinking that corporate thinks less of the overlays than the territory reps.