Overlay Reps

Discussion in 'Shionogi' started by Anonymous, Jun 17, 2013 at 8:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Overlay = Overhire
    Once they are done ramping up the product there is no reason to have more than one rep calling on "key" targets. When they don't need that extra share of voice encouraging top docs to write, they will let them go.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That poster claiming that they have more experience???
    A joke!

Years means squat. It does not translate to better.
    You guys were hired to ramp up PERIOD.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoever thinks they are getting paid that much better, 72k is hardly worth bragging about.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EXACTLY!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to clarify. We are all nervous about our jobs in this industry. However as an overlay I am working my tail off. Oh, and for the same salary of other reps but twice the work. I think many people have forgotten that we are held to the same standard with number of calls, scripts, etc but we are driving 4-8 hours a day. I love the job and I sincerely hope to keep it:/ but it's tough being on the road so much. It's nice to read here when adults are actually posting and not children. We all have a great job and are praying osphena does well.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are NOT working twice as hard moron. Other reps are calling on TOP targets AND others so give me a break. We are all working hard. Disregard the idiots on this board as there are too many children.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First off I'm a territory rep not an overlay. If I had to choice where to be when layoffs come I much rather be an overlay. I'm not going to get into great detail but know for a 100% fact that that upper management views the overlays as the more important rep. The overlays are calling only on high decile docs unlike us territory reps who call on both high and low decile drs. Being out late night in Orlando with upper management you would be surprised at what is over heard

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So if the high decile docs don't write as much as expected then the pressure falls on the overlay shoulders?...since they are responsible mainly for high decile docs!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what you're saying is management likes overlays who call on only part of the market better than territory reps who call on the whole market? That defies logic.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that was laughable. I am upper mgt and can yell you that that is complete BS. They are NOT better. They were hired last and will go first. If they are not team players they go extra first.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can only speak from the experience in my state but our "overlay" is not working harder than the rest. In fact, has been into my territory and doesn't plan to. Works one territory though others have very high decile targets but that person is too lazy to make the drive(s).

I don't care if an overlay comes into my territory or not. All that matter to me is I don't want to "split scripts" with anyone that has had ZERO impact on my success.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agree. Heard overlays are a waste and hired last.
    Mine hardly woks. Told me she knows I have good relationships so go do it.

She also records calls that she doe snot make. Good riddance.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Woks? Is she from the Shionogi Japan office?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm an overlay and find one of my base reps exhausting and irrelevant (and that person was an existing Shionogi rep). One of the other base reps is fantastic, intelligent and hard-working. I know why I was hired as the overlay and it's quite clear why two other overlays I know were hired into to their positions. Just ask your DM for the reasoning behind hiring on your next field ride since you're so insecure.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's like everything in life. Some overlay reps suck bad and some base reps suck also bad. It's a matter of identifying the good vs the bad and crappy reps whether you are a base or an overlay.
    It's managers that need to do a better job at recruiting A reps from B and C players

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes as a DM I certainly can tell you why....and it isn't good as to why we hired overlays. You are not better trust me.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dm here. overlays are people who are delusional if they think they are better or were hired for a specific reason. ur a boost that is it - no better no worse that the base reps. If we find you are not a team player that will not work in ur favor.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...and your 'exhausting' base rep may be tired of you.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My overlay rep has yet to see a most of our shared targets. What's worse is that the prescriptions I've busted my but for are being split with her.