Pacific Pulmonary

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Sep 29, 2006 at 2:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh no, corporate is VERY honest. That's why the FBI is doing an investigation.... Because of their honesty and integrity.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lincare is closing centers in the DFW area. Any availability with Pacific Pulmonary in the DFW area?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

smug corporate dick. techs, csr's, and yes even dm's forge. yes, pps is a corrupt company. you can spin it any way you choose but the majority of healthcare professionals are not "confident" in pps's ability to adequately provide for their patients. pps is corporate hell

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so by defending corporate but not defending pcc's are you insinuating pps knowingly employes individuals who actively defraud medicare? as long as corporate isn't forging cmn's then the company is not corrupt? well if was a physician and read this i wouldn't allow a pcc in my office. ugh, corporate admitting pcc's forge documents. hello medicare......

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

another ignorant reply - insinuating pps knowingly employs individuals who actively defraud medicare? give me a break. i do not defend pcc's committing fraud and know of more than one situation where corporate discovered a pcc doing so and they were termed. i will defend honest pcc's all day and they do exist. unfortunately we all pay the price for those who don't and then have to listen to them complain on this board. btw - the fbi is obviously investigating something going on in the field (not corporate) moron.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks for proving your stupidity. if and when you decide to get a life and maybe a new career, please don't go into law. you obviously lack the intelligence to make a good point or argue effectively. i would look into something that doesn't require the use of reasoning skills.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the best you can come up with? No wonder you work for PPS. You really are an idiot.
    Like YOU would know anything about law...ha ha ha ha...stick with PPS, it is the only place a moron like you will ever find employment! Know your facts before you speak. Obviously the only thing you know is what corporate decides to tell you, which by looking at your intelligence, is very little.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are a sad and stupid human being. if it's not too late, please don't pass your genetic intelligence on to any offspring. we really don't need any more lazy individuals in this world who think everyone owes them a favor. i do know my facts and unlike you, i won't be spreading lies or rumors without facts. obviously you aren't important enough for corporate to tell you anything otherwise you may have something logical to say. and by reading your messages, at least smart enough to keep a job.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, tell me then " genius". Why is PPS under investigation by the FBI? Or did you even know that? You probably slept through that email. Go back to your welfare , or in your case, stay at PPS and continue to drive the company into the ground like you are currently doing.... Never seen a dumber individual than someone who argues about something they have no idea what they are talking about.... You pretty well top the ignorance scale.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ouch! let's label anyone criticizing pps as lazy and stupid. seems like this person is pushing your buttons? you're basically proving the posters point. i've heard about the investigation and i work for a competitor and we're not surprised. we also know about the high turnover, low employee moral and distrust of management. before you say it.....i'm lazy, a moron and i need to get a life

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, you are saying the FBI investigating PPS is a lie?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not at all. it is true. however, the fbi is not investigating something that happened in corporate.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can either of you possibly tell me the pay structure for sales reps at Pacific Pulmonary? I am at Lincare, and I hate it.
    Please advise.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol. any time people post disturbing truths about pps like the fbi investigation corporate gets on here claiming to be disgruntled employees of the competition. no wonder you're losing money hand over fist and you're being investigated by the fbi. morons

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking back through all the post, I don't see where anyone stated that the FBI was investigating corporate. I believe what was said was " They" were being investigated by the FBI.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too funny!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am an X-PCC for PPS. I have read the last few pages and it makes me smile to see such anger over a company that is NOT WORTH IT AT ALL! I was laid off before I even made it to vet status after trying to bust my ass in a territory where I was the 5th PPC in 4 years. A territory that the previous PCC was booted after 12 months. A territory that two of the biggest pulm offices PPS was kicked out of due to the pathetic egotistical DM. (I should have asked during my interview. That was a mistake on my part.) And that same pathetic DM bailed after 9 months of me starting, had caused all kinds of drama between PCCs, couldn't help advance any business in my territory, and most the time cancelled our ride days and forged those evaluation ride day sheets. He was the true definition of the word TOOL!!!
    A couple things about PPS I read in the threads I wanted to confirm or deny...
    YES, the turnover rate is extremely high. Its like nothing i've ever seen before. And that speaks volumes about a company when your looking at above 60% turnover. And NO, I never heard or was it even mentioned about any FBI investigation. Maybe that is a new thing. I can say that PPS pushes you to find CPAP or O2 patients that most likely do not even need therapy. I've never felt like more of an ambulance chaser in my life. The screening I was asking my physicians to do was absurd. Even more absurd was my DM trying to tell me I knew more about patients needs then their own PCP. In my territory the docs looked at me like I was a D-BAG!. Looking back now I see why. At times we actually are pleading for patients to screen. And you get so desparate to get a patient on service that when the OPO doesn't qualify you find yourself getting angry. (COME ON YOU PCCs. YOU KNOW THAT IS VERY TRUE)
    I had worked for other DME companies in the past and will say that PPS fails miserably against many competitors. Other DMEs are capable of hospital d/c's. I found my CSR working against me if I was lucky enough to get a d/c from a hospital. Oh and like I had explained before to my DM when he asked why in my territory the hospital d/c's for O2 were so low, well the answer is simple. 8 out of 10 times the patients have needs beyond O2. Like a bed or wheelchair, commode or all of it. And NO case manager is going to make two calls to different providers. That is a fact. Also, when working for other DMEs I never experienced such an aggressive push to find patients. It was more about proving great service and patient care and never pushing the docs to prescribe therapy that doesn't need to be used. All those stupid codes for physicians to get reimbursed...Just makes PCCs look more pathetic and desperate. AND, they never really worked.
    If you're with another DME or looking to get into this industry, this isn't the time and PPS isn't the place. Base salary is an insult (even though I know Lincare is lower), and the commissions are amazing if you can go above an beyond the numbers set for you. And realize that the management is too stupid to realize that all territories are not created equal and some areas are extremely more difficult to penetrate than others. It should be acceptable to give a PCC a year or even two to penetrate a tough territory and make PPS a main player. BUT YOU WON'T GET THAT TIME! Crap, I was even told by all 4 vets I rode with during my training to give myself a year or two. Oh and BTW pacific pulmonary services...your mileage reimbursement is CHEAP and the $400 I was allowed to spend on accounts that demanded lunch to step into their offices...NOT GOING TO CUT IT you CHEAPOS! (But it was always a mumble under managements breath that we should spend out of our own pockets) That's hard when you're making nothing.
    For those looking for a little insight to PPS...YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!
    For those PCC who have succeeded and are devoted to PPS, good for you, there are always exceptions to the rule, there is a small percent of success and PCCs making big money, there are territories in areas that PPS has little to no competition, and its all good! But don't try to deny what i've stated cause you know its all true.

aaaaahhhhh...I feel better!

PS - the offices or hubs are complete dumps! Totally embarrassing when a patient comes in for a CPAP set up or supplies.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

preaching to choir my friend. been going on for years and being let go is the best thing for you! be prepared for management to get on here calling you lazy and asking why others prosper when you failed. they'll make it about you and deflect the glaring issues with the company.

19. Pacific Pulmonary Services does not encourage or condone unethical or illegal practices. If you are employed with us, and you have knowledge of unlawful behaviors by any PPS employee, you have an obligation to report it and we request that you do so. You may do so anonymously and without fear of retaliation. Our compliance hotline number is 877-855-7299, ext 2300. We also welcome information from former employees.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amazing how an FBI investigation makes corporate start advertising a "compliance hotline number".... This is so funny.