Pacific Pulmonary

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Sep 29, 2006 at 2:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Geez, sounds like a bunch of sour grapes. I worked there for over 5 years in the I.T. department. As with any job, take a chance, work hard, don't compromise your ethics. PPS will reward you, but show me any job tat is permanent and it'll be a govt. job or one where you don't use your brains and skills on a daily basis. There are no free rides an PPS is faced with growth, regulatory compliance, etc. There are no "perfect" companies out there. Take a Chance!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL! Looks like PPS management has someone monitoring these boards and issuing little "scoldings" to people who don't post what they want to see. I love it! Oh, how they would love to know who is posting on here and who is responsible for each posting. They'd be doing a lot more than scolding! But they don't know and they can't find out and it's obviously just killing them!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hopefully someone will read this post, given that I am at the bottom.

Geeze, I was really thankful to get an opportunity with this company after being layed off by one of the larger drug companies. I was out of work for awhile, and really wanted to continue my career.

They are a reputable company, and they expect personal accountability, moreover, results. Companatively speaking, it is a joy to go to work each day and applying my existing sales and contracting experience. I actually get to call on physicians and patients when given an order.

Compensation is lower, but comissions are much greater for someone who wants to work. Coming from the high pressure of pharma, this is a piece of cake. Besides, the management team here is in it for the right reasons. They actually care about patients, unlike the pharma companies.

Some things to consider. First, yes there is no company car, but there is mileage compensation. Pick your own choice of vehicle and the reimbursement pays for it and the gas. Second, there is no expense monies provided. You use your owm money, and make good decisions to move market share. This is reimbursed, too. Unlike the large budgets pharma has, its limited, but its plenty if you know how to make good decisions.

Four months in, and I am making close to what I did with the pharmacutical comanies I worked for. Most importanly, lacking the supid quotas, the how many and have to's each month. If you like ownership, this is the right company to join.

Sure there are chargebacks, but if you owned the company you would not pay for business that is short term and not profitable. My manager is great, too. Unlike the nonsense management team I worked for in pharma. He cares about me and the business. Communication goes both ways, not just down the ladder. People listen at the top.

Anyway, I am thankful for being layed off after so many years in pharma. I feel appreciated by my customers and their patients, as well as, my management team and cooworkers.

I would never, ever, go back. Give it a shot.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I worked for PPS, they not only monitored these boards but they refused to advertise for reps on any of the sites that allowed postings. Obviously they were concerned about the negative press. This post may or may not be posted by a real person. Some people do have positive experiences. Whether or not a few people have good encounters shouldn’t be the issue. The question you need to ask yourself is, what is the attrition rate for reps and managers. The answer to that question is, over 90%. Unfortunately this is data you can't verify and the company knows it. Therefore; they'll place a well-calculated spin on these postings or how they answer that question if someone asks it. If I were anyone looking for a job here, these are two questions I'd want answered; how many people have held the top job in HR over the last ten years? The answer is 6. When you fire HR people or they leave, it's because there is a lot of unrest, high turn over or they just don't have the stomach for how poorly employees are treated. If it were a great company, why don't the top HR people remain? Secondly, I'd want to see how many people in my new Area (usually 4 or 5 Centers) were hired and left or were fired in the last two years. This will tell you a lot about your probability for success. They have this data; we used it all the time in meetings. If they won't show it to you, say it's not available, or try to spin the "reasons why it is what it is", I'd walk. Come to think of it, you won't have to walk, they won't pursue you any further. They just don't want to hire someone who is smart enough to ask the right questions. Asking the right questions is perceived as too much of a threat.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was contacted for DM position. Are those good jobs? I am in medical sales now. Anyone have input? Thanks

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, Read the post above yours. It pretty well sums up that company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since some Regional managers are better than others, I would need to know where you are located.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run hard and run fast away from this company. I made good money, but they are willing to slit your throat at a moments notice. Worst reputation in the industry! Want to sell DME/O2 go to Apria or Lincare ............ you'll be able to make just as much and seep at night. Doc's hate this company, very illegal activity on every level. Oh and they are watching this...............

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, I see that there are a lot of people with bad experiences and some with good experiences. Defenitly a concern but, with any company these things will happen. How are things now that the company was bought recently? What do you think the furture looks like for this company? Does anyone have some information about the management team for the midwest reigin? I am looking at a DM for a new location and has only been around for 6 months.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, Great questions and the company is going through some major changes and growth now. I think with the new owners and a influx of new dollars should help considerablly. With the drive to move across the country and there is a lot of oppertunity to grow. You should aways check the company we are seeking to work for......

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To anyone who is thinking about going to work for this company......RUN.
    I am not another disgruntled employee, I am a current employee who has been at this company for years. There is fighting among the corporate offices. Everyone wants to be the "boss". If something doesn't change soon, this company will NOT be around in 2 years with the current administration. If you are being contacted for an interview, RUN and never look back. I am definately looking for another job, which is sad, considering I have dedicated so many years to this company.
    Just wanted to let any potential candidate know the truth about PPS.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for this information. I recently applied for the PCC position. I read the listing which intrigued me enough to get my resume updated and polish interviewing skills. So thanks to PPS for lighting a fire under my ass so I can now pursue my career with winners and not losers. Thanks, I believe you saved me a lot of aggravation.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened to all the CSR job openings on the PPS Career link? Has PPS already migrated those jobs to Kentucky?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also work for this company for only about a year so far and seems to be in a state of flux right now. I use to work for a fortune 500 company before coming to this company and should of never left. They are defintly having some problems right now. I am updating my resume and a family with two kids need to keep my eyes open. This isn't what I wanted in a company for the long term and thankful that I am in the position to travel and apply to new companies. Maybe they will get things straightened out down the road but, looks like it could be awhile. I have a hard time interviewing good quality people that don't know what is ahead of them. To any of the people in the midwest regin please look to other companies.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Pacific Pulmonary Call Center Kentucky

Are they moving a lot of the jobs to the call center in Kentucky? Is billing going there also?

16. Why specifically to the midwest region to look elsewhere?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any news about layoffs at Pacific Pulmonary

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Pacific Pulmonary Call Center Kentucky

So far, if Pacific Pulmonary is "moving jobs" to the call senter in Lexington , Kentucky, there's no public evidence of it. The Lexington, KY call center is, however, growing. With about 26,000 square feet in a building they share with a telephone and computer technology firm, they have room to grow in a building that's already wired and front-loaded.

The director of the call center is Bill Pettus. The HR person is Julie Hillman. Neither Hillman nor Pettus have prior oxygen or DME experience though Pettus did run a banking call center before he was downsized.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Teijin Buys Third U.S. HME Firm
    TOKYO--Japanese firm Teijin Ltd. has chalked up its third U.S. purchase this year, announcing its acquisition of Clifton, N.Y.-based Home Therapy Equipment on Thursday.

Associated Healthcare Systems, the company’s U.S. consolidated subsidiary, has bought all outstanding shares of Home Therapy Equipment. CEO Donald White of Associated Healthcare, Amherst, N.Y., which itself was bought by Teijin in January, will double as CEO of the newly acquired firm.

Teijin said it expects synergies from the transaction because Home Therapy Equipment operates in the eastern part of New York where Associated Healthcare, which has 11 locations in the state, does not.

In mid-June, Teijin completed its purchase of Bakersfield, Calif.-based Braden Partners, which does business as Pacific Pulmonary Services. With revenues of $133 million in 2007, the giant respiratory firm has 100 locations with 1,000 employees throughout the western United States.

Going forward, Teijin said, it will expand the U.S. market by adapting business models from Japan and developing additional synergies between AHS and Braden Partners. It is also eying acquisitions in other regional markets where neither AHS nor Braden Partners operates.

Teijin subsidiary Teijin Pharma Ltd. controls roughly 60 per cent of the Japanese market for home respiratory equipment, including oxygen concentrators and CPAP equipment.

Teijin is on a buying spree in the U.S. as it seeks to build a foothold here, where the company estimates the market at $8 billion to $10 billion dollars--about 10 times the size of Japan's.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just went through APG training today and yet do not know how we are going to grow 3 times in 3 years like Jason Anderson said. Actually, under his leadership growth has slowed. Can't wait for tomorrow's speakers, "everything is great", "we are right on track", etc.