Pacific Pulmonary

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Sep 29, 2006 at 2:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The other thing wrong with this company is the fact that communication is terrible! The WORD only goes as far as the DM maybe even the OM but no further. Then when you screw up they act like you knew better all along. I will agree with one persons opinion on here. If you do kiss enough ass they will keep you around, but the moment you speak up....they find a reason to let you go. Just remember one thing if you work for Pacific Pulmonary watch what you say to everyone.....do not trust anybody in your office or upper management. Things get turned around so fast and by the time you hear about it....they already have your last check. This company has the worst office attitude I have ever heard of. They tell you how valuable you are to your face and preach teamwork when in all actually this company's DM's and OM's are working together to build friendships not with patients but with the CSR's. So like was said in another quote on here the best way to be successful in this company is to kiss the bosses ass and become their friends.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe you should take a look from the inside then....stuff happens all the time!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You had to of had 3 warnings before you were let go. Most employees are aware that their about to be terminated after 3 warnings. PPS has over 1300 good, happy hard working people. It takes a really long time to get hired and a really long time to get fired. I know this first hand, we had an employee in our center that should've been let go many times. They wouldnt do anything until they had their 3 warnings.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This must be a new company policy then, because I was let go after 1 warning. It was for setting up a low-income patient without collecting payment from her first, which was "company policy." Funny, there was nothing in their handbook or policies and procedures about that. The reason was completely fabricated. Make no mistake, they CAN and WILL fire when they want to.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Pacific Pulmonary Call Center Kentucky

Not a chance-This does not make good financial sense for PPSC. Rotech is financially distraught and are in a hole that they will never recover from.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Pacific Pulmonary Call Center Kentucky

pps is in the business of purchasing financially distraught companies............look at the purchases in southern california alone. they're not looking at the balance sheet, they look at the number of patients in each market pps is in. i was told by an rd directly that pps is in the business of aquiring any company that can turn a profit because that's what is expected from teijan

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly if you're interviewing or thinking about coming on board take a chance, nobody understands your motivations but you. I've been a PCC for a little under a year now. Was laid off from a big Pharma company and since I've been with the company I've literally had feelings of death every single day that goes by. However, a buddy of mine who also came from Pharma and has been with the company for about a year as well swears that working at PPS is the best thing since sliced bread. I suppose it's about individual likes and dislikes, and eventually you'll just have the make the decision for yourself.

So lets talk about the facts. Within my first 4 months as a PCC I witnessed 9 reps get fired and 1 leave on his own free will out of the two centers I'm affiliated with. In my fifth month my DM was fired who btw only started a few months before I did. Within 6 months I saw 11 reps come and go, and had two DM's. I went from being the "rookie" to the "veteran" before I even knew what the industry had in store for me.

Fact:
    I've put over 13,000 miles on my car in less than 11 months
    Fact:
    PPS has monthly "ramp" goals for every new PCC however because your district goals far out weigh your ramp goals management will constantly be on your case about exceeding targeted goals.
    Fact:
    PPS saves tons of $$ by having their reps do their own set ups. In most respiratory DME companies that have RT's they're one of the highest paid parties in the company. The Respiratory Therapist in the field are one of the most sought after commodities but also are compensated fairly well for the set ups and patient visits they do. PPS has significantly cut cost by having their PCC's do patient set ups.
    Fact:
    PPS also cuts cost by only allotting a certain amount of overtime hrs to their technicians. Because of this you will undoubtedly do your own set ups. Some people dont mind fighting for the business, getting the business, now setting up the patient to keep the business. When I really think about this model, I mean really think about this model I cant believe how much we let ourselves be exploited. It's a travesty
    Fact:
    You will be micro managed to an all time high. At the end of the business day I'm expected to email my sales for the day, what I have in my current pipeline, how many pulse oximeters I have out and the # of CMN's turned in for the day. If that isnt enough I sometimes get calls in the middle of the day where my DM will ask where I'm at, and how many sales/set ups I've had thus far. Keep in mind that in EVERY month I've been over 250% of goal and I'm still micro managed like this
    Fact:
    The CSR's and Techs are severely over worked and are often treated as less than humans.
    Fact:
    My CSR has been more of a manager to me than the two DM's I've had. Because CSR's tend to have more tenure they actually understand the business and how things work. The managers are a revolving door and spend more time asking questions then actually being a resource.
    Fact:
    Dealing with Peak Sleep will literally push you to consult a psychologist or psychiatrist (take your pick). Peak Sleep is the division of PPS that makes it impossible to get your CPAP's to your patients. I am convinced that one of the requirements to obtaining a job in Peak Sleep is for you to have been dropped on your head as a baby.
    Fact:
    If you just want to sell, this is not the position for you. I spend more of my time following up with paperwork and patients then actually selling. The problem is once you get an order you have to follow up with everyone and their mothers to make sure the order is taken care of in a timely manner. Getting an order is easy, getting it set up is the struggle. For example: A referral source refers you a CPAP patient, you call the patient to inform them you will be taking care of their DME order, you call your CSR to ask if they've received the order, you ask them to input the information before 12 noon so that we reach the ridiculous cut off time that Peak Sleep has allotted for us. Your order is in the system, you reach out to your Peak Sleep representative to see if you've received the EMR, they review your order, submit to insurance verification, insurance doesn't go through and needs to be authorized, now you wait and follow up with the auth department, but you can only follow up with them every 2-3 days because that's the only time they follow up with the ins company, finally after 1-30 days ins is authorized, now you follow up with someone in New Start to see if they'll call your patient to authorize shipping, meanwhile you're reaching out to the patient and their family this whole time convincing them to still use you as their valued and partner DME as they're tired of waiting. Amazingly this example was only slightly over dramatized. Now try doing this for 20+ cpap patients a month which is where I'm at. I haven't even touched on all the paperwork that is required. Paperwork from this company can drive you the same psychologist you saw from dealing with Peak Sleep. The paperwork is amazing, and when I say "amazing" I mean God awful. Since I've been in the field we're the only DME company that will not accept a doctors Rx. It's almost laughable.
    Fact:
    You will be held accountable for promises that your DM has made to his/her regional manager, which may not be fair but happens on a weekly basis
    Fact:
    You WILL be held accountable to do a lot of work that does not directly have a benefit to you or your success. Examples are: 1) running after paperwork (CMN's) for past districts or PCC's 2) Doing overnight testing for reps located out of your territory 3) Training new PCC's
    Fact:
    You will be over worked and under compensated. The work/compensation balance is unjustifiable. Even if you hit your said 78k at plan for your first year you will be extremely exhausted. Now think about doing that all over again for year 2. Not fun
    Fact:
    You will be just another number
    Fact:
    You will have limited support
    Fact:
    You wont have a work/life balance that we all hope for. I've been an athlete all of my life and I find it extremely hard to get daily workouts in and spend quality time with my wife. I know some would argue that might be the case in any sales job, but I would firmly rebuttal that contention as I've had my fair share of sales positions and have worked extremely hard in all of them while being able to have a life. In fact, in my last pharma role my company paid me to have a gym membership and to use it. This is the honest to God truth.
    Fact:
    My current DM has lied, conspired and told me to my face how much of an asset I am, however behind my back has told our Regional about his concerns and has since hired a new rep to eventually replace and take over my territory. Fact is my friends once you get into this role its a hard pill to swallow. Take if for what its worth, I'm fortunate to have a job, however it comes with a severe price tag. It's a good thing I'm comforted by cognitive dissonance or I would truly be disappointed in myself and my decision to stay here.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how are ya buddy. i worked with you for a bit. shocked you're still with the company. get a resume together, post it, get another job. i posted on a monday and got three interviews by tuesday, hired on a thursday. i'll make more in 6 months then i did with pps and NO PATIENT VISITS OR PAPERWORK. having pps on your resume and having a warm territory will get you in the door with a lot of companies. good luck

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh No!! Don't post these on a website. Half of these people don't even realize that they are going to be replaced until they see that their jobs are posted!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The hell with PPS and anyone left working there. This place is a freaking nightmare and I hope it goes down in flames. DO NOT join this company. It will be the worst decision you'll ever make. Trust the many that have tried and gone down before you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this the thread where we discuss where Lebron is going?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The most visited company at cafepharma. Ask yourself why? Very sad.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh PUHLEEEEEEZE...not even close....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No PUHLEEEEEZE needed. Add up all the threads and views and presto you have a winner, PPS. Enjoy the weekend.

Oh, you suck.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a disappointment this company turned out to be..... Be very very careful about working for this company.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They must have some of the very best recruiters in the industry...............How does this place continue to sucker people into joining this organization. I know the economy is a bit slow, but this is no place to work. I would ask alot of questions during the interview process and do not ignore the many negative comments on this site. They are not all from disgruntled ex-employees.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

offering 40k base salary to ppl who have never worked in the industry is tempting enough. got me for 10 months. i was miserable for 9 of those.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thought it was going to be about "patients first". It's not. I'm jumping to a competitor.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You as well as anyone else that has ever worked or PPS thought it was going to be about "money first" and you were right. Money comes first for the company as well as employees. Would you expect anything different?

Also, ever wonder why you are able to jump to a competitor? They obviously have people jumping ship also...probably to apply with PPS once your job is posted open. It happens every day and the grass isn't greener. But you do need to work somewhere where you feel fulfilled and happy, so good luck in your search.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about just not putting patients last. Would be a start.