PAML to LabCrap

Discussion in 'PAML/Paclab' started by Anonymous, Jun 29, 2014 at 9:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very unfortunate for all the PAML employees, there are not alot of good paying oppty. Market will be saturated... very sad... Labcorp, indeed...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Big article about PAML's sale in today's (3/5/17) Spokesman Review. Talked alot about potential outcome for senior leadership (yawn) and some about staff.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's be clear...it won't be just the senior management that will lose their jobs. It will be the vast majority of ALL jobs, especially those that allow for at best, a moderate level of income.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's be clear, this is a transaction for a 'book of business' not operations, people or facility. As such Noel Maring is right, and appears to be confirmed by CW new job, executives will be taken care of. General staff employees lose... very sad... Providence can't absorb everyone... seems like value/$$ above mission is the new norm.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It really is sad, and everyone seems to be trudging along like nothing is happening.
    Other people have even expressed excitement and some feel, naively, that they will be keeping their jobs if only they perform well.

Sad state of affairs right there. Sucks really bad and what is worse is the silence, not know, yet knowing.
    You can see it on most everyone's faces and makes it really hard to actually focus or come to work at all.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've heard that Providence - Sacred Heart will have to reduce staff also when LCA takes volume out so there will be no absorbing of PAML staff by Prov.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have also heard that many Sacred Heart lab staff are expecting layoffs there also, because PAML provides most of Sacred Heart's outpatient volume that will no doubt go to LabCorp.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its a business, get over it! We got screwed in a beautiful town that has very little oppty. Pack your bags... I am going back to the East Coast!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As soon as the FTC review comes through, most of the PAML employees are toast.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^^as well as the clients LabCorp thinks they can keep.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's sad how the PAML execs lie to their employee's faces. They do have SOME idea of what will happen.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

unfortunately this wasn't the PAML execs that wanted the sale. Providence and CHI are in dire straights financially. The exec's cannot disclose anything until the sale is final. Don't blame them, blame Providence...oh and LabCorp.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I blame them for not stating that they are "unable to disclose that at this time" an honest answer like would go a long way. Instead, they feign like everything is fine. Employees who are given that kind of respect would respond to the situation much better then how it is currently handled. I would expect nothing less from Providence and Labcorp, I expected more from PAML.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is LabCorp being the carnivore they are. Don't blame them any more than blaming a Komodo dragon for being itself. Rather, look to Providence and CHI for their lack of consistency to their religious values.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

some of the executives were more honest than others, giving us lots of run way to prepare. PS was very discrete but helpful related to this sell out from CHI and Providence. TY PS for your honesty. perhaps you chose to not listen or see the signs

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you think holding people's livelihood hostage for the sake of keeping the lab running a tiny bit longer is something to be thankful for....ok. The smart ones got our early, the others that have no decent choices or are holding on to hope...I wish them well. It is the nature of medicine now, takeovers, buyouts and the like. How execs handle the news given to employees who aren't "in the know" is very important. It can make a massive difference in the outcome of someone's future. I know personally that it was not handled the way it should have been and the execs know it too.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard here that Labcorp will announce PAML's fate on 4/28.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is a Friday. Hmmm. Statistically less incidents when fired on Fridays.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the suspense is killing me