Par gets fined $45 million

Discussion in 'Par' started by Anonymous, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man, it's about time they got caught. This company is soooooo unethical. Asking reps to get prescriptions for themselves and their family is what I recall, among so many other unethical things. Good - you deserve it. Scum.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh man, I wish I knew which of my former coworkers are cashing in on that whistleblower money. jelis

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was in the press release. Mckeen and Combs

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is it possible rp survives this. Mr ethics himself...Karma

Chriine is the ideal whistleblower. She worked for Par as one of just ten
    Regional Business Manager, so she was able to provide top notch evidence and
    information revealing a nationwide off-label promotional scheme to the
    government," according to Kenney. Among the numerous key documents and
    information Thompson provided to the government included executive level emails
    - including emails from Senior Vice President of Sales Rick Painter -
    directing managers and the sales force to aggressively promote Megace ES in LTC
    facilities

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chri is the ideal whistleblower. She worked for Par as one of just ten
    Regional Business Manager, so she was able to provide top notch evidence and
    information revealing a nationwide off-label promotional scheme to the
    government," according to K. Among the numerous key documents and
    information Thompson provided to the government included executive level emails
    - including emails from Senior Vice President of Sales rp -
    directing managers and the sales force to aggressively promote Megace ES in LTC
    facilities.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

rp cant survive this, can he?No way right

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not since Pat LeP his good buddy is not CEO any longer. RP is toast. If someone's actions directly cost a Company $45 million dollars in fines, shouldn't he be fired???

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Campanelli, the new CEO is left to clean up the mess. Painter had nothing to do with it either. It started when the product launched in 2005 before either were at Par or Strativa.

The new management seems ligit - let's see what happens over the next 6-months. It's really in PC's hands to fix. The real question will be.....does he want to................?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know about that. RP is the senior VP of sales and has responsibility of the sales force. Whatever comes out of the sales force's mouth, whatever actions the sales reps do is ultimately placed back in his lap. If it was wrong, he should have had the balls to say STOP. He he knew what was going on and by these actions condoned it.
    What was done was illegal and the company paid for it. Actions all start at the top and trickle down.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm one of the remaining originals. The problem started in 2005 and lasted through 2009. So, RP was running BD and not in charge. Now PC and RP have their chance.. let's see what happens.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

did he send emails yes or no. the feds have them

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is everyone out of they're minds defending RP! There are emails sent by RP to the sales force, plus we are still going into nursing homes as we speak. You would think the last place we should be is going into is nursing homes but we are. Last time I check Mcphee and Nef are no longer making the calls any more.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lasted through 2009, are you crazy...I was in a nursing this afternoon. The DOJ say we should be in homes and we still are. This place is as shady as it gets.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lasted through 2009, are you crazy...I was in a nursing home this afternoon. The DOJ say we shouldn't be in homes and we still are. This place is as shady as it gets.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This quote sums up everything I need to know about a sales rep - strive to be a whistleblower. Why work hard when you can be a rat and skate off the govn't? Par has a constitutionally protected right to disseminate truthful information about its products to all physicians and patients, regardless of specialty. FDA/DOJ are completely over-reaching on off label promotion and they use these lawsuits to extort money from corporations. They threaten to charge the company's executives personally if the corporate entity doesn't pay a huge fine, so the CEO's have no choice but to cut a deal. I am saddened that Par dropped its law suit against FDA as part of the settlement. The government needs to be exposed for the hypocritical vultures that they are.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forest paid $330 million fine for MacPhee and Greene's work, now Par pays $45 million. The two of them should be proud that they cost companies $375 million in fines while both cashing in big on bonuses and trying to run good people into the ground. Fortunately Macphee is out of Pharma and hopefully never comes back. He is running some nonprofit group for suicide prevention. Greene is at Bayer as a VP of marketing. I am sure she has schemed up some off label way to sell her products over there. Maybe some lucky rep can turn whistleblower and cash in.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you all nuts the jm may have started it to continued it true leaders make change and do the right thing. Rp has a history too at Glaxo. Do you want me to post the emails HE sent to sales mgmt. your all nuts. This whole freedom of speech thing is bs. He knew what he was doing and has to be terminated. They have to save face some how. Pinning on jm in total is a joke. This is a true test for our new leader

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wake up everyone. Par sent and still sends sales reps in nursing homes. This was and is a corporate policy that was approved by patrick lepore, tom haughey, Par's legal department and Par's board of directors

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Par Board of Directors does not approve where sales reps go, they look at the big picture and leave it to others to implement a plan. They have more inmportant business to discuss then this.