Paratek Pharmaceuticals Launch - HIring Philly October Meet and greet anyone going?

Discussion in 'Biotech Startups' started by anonymous, Oct 14, 2018 at 5:07 AM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

whats the scoop on Paratek? Culture? Salary ? any offers?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m going. Top 2 candidates per territory.
    Paratek is using publicis to recruit and run their sales team benefits and admin for the first year with the intent to become permanent Paratek employees after but who knows.
    No idea on culture as they are new.
    No pay ranges provided.
    Car allowance but not very competitive which is disappointing because more companies are very generous
    You asked this question/post. Assume you’re not invited or you’d know this information

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, car allowance is pitifully low as is target bonus compensation. Also, sounds like they really want to low ball on salary. There is the possibility of being rolled in but that is always a big gamble.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great drug but low pay for hospital/ID. Pitiful bonus structure. Interviews not bad but obvious that those in power with ID experience get it but those without do not but top heavy with those without the experience.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not a bad interview experience except way too much focus on STAR. That is so outdated and relies only on what you have done not what you can do.... But interviewers also seemed to realize it's outdated and worthless. Good drug, nice people but that doesn't mean much. How realistic will they be with expectations. If they want people to truly invest they need to be realistic since launching an antibiotic is a long slow process.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great interview process at Doubletree Philly, very professional. I don’t believe they will lowball anyone since they aren’t going crazy with hiring which is a nice change from big pharma. Actually look forward to a car allowance after years of Ford/Chevy fleet cars. Good luck everyone.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think PDI made them ask those questions. Since we would be PDI first, we would have to go by their rules. Including interview questions. Keep us informed if you get an offer.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anybody heard anything from the interview? Any offers?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, got a verbal offer late yesterday

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. Offered verbally. Was not lowballed. Impressed with the entire process.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Were they willing to negotiate the pay, vacation etc.. willing to disclose what the $$ was. I was "wink wink" told to expect an offer but none yet. I put no faith in any promise until it's in writing anyhow. Looks like good b opportunity, just wish it wasn't a contract gig.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Received offer yesterday. I’m pleased with the salary,bonus, car allowance/mileage reimbursement. Benefits the same as any major company.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NO offer has been giving yet. Expected after Nov 2

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you were told that then you are the back up candidate. Sorry. It sucks.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. You’re the number 2 candidate.
    Accepted my offer. Hire Right is completing the background check now and my drug screen needs to be completed within 3 days.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Congrats to those hired. I was in the finals and didn't get hired and I learned who did get the job and they were deserving. It was a better interviewing experience than most. Maybe a bit too star question focused but I felt it was thorough.
    I am curious what they did end up offering in pay. The bonus structure and car reimbursement was low. What about vacation and holidays? Following the PDI calendar or Paratek? Just wondering. Not a troll so either don't answer or be helpful. No need for the topical Cafe pharma responses.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I accepted the offer which was very fair and close to my current base with the same target bonus. One MAJOR upside is I’m going from a huge geo w/70-75% travel to 1x per month at most. This is the first time I’ve had a car allowance (and mileage reimbursement) and look forward to having a car I choose. The allowance is enough as I have a small geo. Standard vacation and personal days. Looking forward to starting!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you. Told another round of hiring is coming. Hope to get invited back.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great approved product, good training, respects experience. Once the expansion happens, good place for institutional sales.