Passive aggressive pressure to work as C19 spikes

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jul 22, 2020 at 10:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are we being pushed so hard to work in the field when no other companies are out there? It’s so bizarre-like mngmnt is literally anticipating covid19 infections.
    Why?
    What’s the end game? Seriously...

Offices are overwhelmed and not engaged-pointless! Everyone I know in the industry is working virtually.

Please stop before we get sick and potentially sustain permanent damage or worse-death!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many of our divisions, like HIV, are way over-staffed. A few ‘Vid deaths would help trim the fat

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s all smoke and mirrors right now, everyone is scrambling to justify their job and this whole thing is close to imploding!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why dont you quit your job then? Listen, nobody is forcing you to work here. Sack up and get out there or find something else.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Typical passive aggressive answer, FLL? RVP? You definitely aren’t a rep...
    No solutions or good ideas.

Management are the only scum bags that aren’t sympathetic around here... even our offices are surprised to see us.
    Yes, we are being forced, it’s understated but happens daily. Wake up!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And they are making us take ridiculous selfies to show how we are out in the field. Terrible!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company might want to think about this, if we have to get a consent form re email use for Veeva don't you think we should get a consent form prior to using a pic of a provider before posting pic all over workplace while on veeva engage lunch? Not sure anyone has asked if it is ok that you post these pics while in an office doing a detail. Do we as a company have a consistent plan if a rep contracts Covid? We are all doing the best we can but would also help if while doing these calls with people in charge if they would realize things are not the same. They can get in their car and make calls, they can leave their safe home and get out and see how it is in the offices prior to saying things. We all appreciate having jobs but in certain areas it feels a tad overwhelming. Yes my territory is open but do I feel safe? No Can I honestly say this? No I have yet to come across any other reps in two weeks. If I come in contact with a person with Covid would I want to tell my boss or HR? NO

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Princess, there is nothing passive aggressive about the answer you were given. It’s pretty straight forward and to the point.

the company pays you to do a job, they define the job not you.

if you no longer like said job you can leave as no one is forcing you to stay and do something you don’t want to do.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m a rep. I take every precaution when I go in as to my customers. Temperature checks questionnaires etc. etc. I have no problem going out and making my calls on the doctors to except me. Good news is they all trust me. I won’t lie to get my business. I won’t miss lead in my business. And, I don’t expect something for nothing. Yes we do have what is unquestionably the best portfolio on the market. If managed-care simply does it’s job. We have no competitors. Bear in mind, the Competitionr this might be sitting at home but I’m sure their managed-care people are doing the best to get AZ‘s products on formulary. When I started efficacy, safety, ease-of-use the most important thing next to a little rapport. Now, you can have all the attributes but no managed-care and you lose. You can have no access and the best manage care and you win. At least in my territories sales of dependence primarily access and cost of access then Efficasy and safety.? When you combine these attributes with the ease of use of the ellipticA. The only thing you need is managed care.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With your command of the English language, you might be better served selling building materials.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I second this. Stop all the whining and go to work. GSK culture sucks, we all know that. You don’t have to stay. Grow some and leave or just do what you are asked to do. GSK is not a motivating company. But we all know this so don’t expect them to change. They have been this way since 2008!!!!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In your non-empathetic world it’s sign up to potentially catch a fatal virus (Covid) or quit, huh? How ridiculous does that sound! I don’t have a problem working my tail off but please forgive me for not wanting to risk mine or my family/friend’s lives for GSK.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So sorry, my typing skills are not that of a clerical worker. I have survived by working not whining. My father went to work at 4 AM and then got off about 8 in the evening. He taught me a work ethic. I believe in an honest days work for an honest days pay. My offices know that I want nothing for free. What about yours?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who you are responding to is the path of least resistance guy. Very smart but very lazy, underachieving drug rep, promoted to manager. They say things like, "Zig Out" They are on this board all the time, acting like they are tough, criticizing everyones grammar, spelling and punctuation. They chose to party in school, took a job they could work only 4 hours a day, and have zero ambition. You've seen them at the club, drunk, loud, cheap, and classless. Once the company layoffs happen they are one paycheck away from canceling their country club membership, hocking their Rolex that they still are making payments on to visa. Once they loose the company ride, they are having to borrow the wife's car. Just a couple of months of unemployment from losing it all. Pathetic really. I wouldn't invest anymore time in this terrible company, those of us that were smart enough to get out, love watching the company circle the bowl.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Feel better?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed, interesting how almost every other company doesn’t want to put their employee's health at risk. GSK once again showing how much they care about employees. My manager basically said It won’t be good for your career if you don’t go out in the field. And he’s getting pressure from his boss to get his F2F numbers up. I’d rather risk getting fired than catching COVID. Time to go fake some calls in Veeva.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It boils down to a basic lack of leadership. Our "leaders" are so out of touch. A lot of this has to do with the fact that many have never really held a field role. If they have it was more of a ceremonial position to check a box. They operate like the emperor with no clothes. Naked to the world but everyone afraid to tell them the truth. And for good reason. Any real transparency communicated that doesn't fit the current agenda and...off with their heads! We've seen this over and over and over! We work for the most toxic organization in the industry. How many other companies have their reps in the field? Please, tell me. Almost none! GSK, what a class act. You realize that Google, Facbook, and Apple have their employees all working from home. Abvie, Amgen, Pfizer, Merck, BMS, et al, reps asked to remain home. We however, are expected to walk into medical offices with very sick individuals who have a very high probability of harboring COVID-19. No concern for our well being. We do not have N95 masks. Many of our providers are still practicing telemedicine. Even the docs are not in the offices. Amazing! Gotta love GSK!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People here are the weakest I've ever met! As someone else mentioned, you make six figures, so go sell something. People really have some nerve to complain about having to actually work for money.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People aren’t complaining about working dope. They just don’t want to get sick and infect other people.