Pathology Account Executive

Discussion in 'Genoptix' started by Anonymous, Feb 1, 2012 at 2:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just got a call from a current DM to interview for a position as a PAE. What has anyone heard about this pposition? Any advancement? Salary?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PAE must stand for Punk Ass Excuse when you try telling prospective hospital accounts that you cannot do this or that with a non-existent TC / PC program and poor pricing policy.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didnt your DM present some of the data at NSM? talk to those who already are PAEs. That should be evident enough. Depending upon your district you may travel as much if not more than DSM. The company should make every rep a PAE as this is the way the business is going.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does a PAE only call on hospitals and pathology groups? It's my understanding that this is a fairly new position, so are pathology groups and hospitals suddenly going to welcome a genoptix rep?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course...just show up with some coffee and pastries and you will get all the BMs and solid tumor business! Take it a step further and bring in an espresso machine and make their personalized drinks right there on the spot! Oh, don't forget to put the Genoptix stickers on the cups. Really separates you from the competition.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a fool am I. I forgot that this site is not a place for credible information. I am the original poster and am not from within the company. So, I was not at the NSM and I am still looking for information- if there is any to be had here.

Again, what is the edge Genoptix is trying to promote? If it is Next Gen Sequencing, then they will have a temporary advantage in the market, but if it is a new wrapper on an old crapper, then please let me know. Changing positions in this economy is a serious endeavor and I would appreciate any info.

Regards

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same shit different day

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a new position, bonus based on district numbers therefore out of your control. No real product offerings yet, piss poor direction and minimal support. Unless you are in a serious bind where you are look elsewhere. Agendia getting ready to expand.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would imagine a lot of TC/PC and client bill etc. Creating revenue streams and alliances.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget the VP of Sales is a german doc and the national sales director is a 20 year old -- both with very little expereince on how to successfully compete.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is an accurate answer. I would not suggest to come here. No differentiation and always a day late and a dollar short! Serious answer... sorry if it's not what you wanted to hear... but keep looking. feb is a big month for other companies to hire. Good Luck!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes unfortunately the best days for Genoptix are behind us.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run! And run fast! You do not want to be caught dead here. This ship will sink soon and you'll be thankful for not coming on board.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SERIOUS QUESTION:

I was called by a recruiter the other day. she told me that Genoptix was "Developing" four distinct businesses. One of these was a Hospital Sales and Marketing Team. Genoptix wants to break into the Pathology Laboratory and begin to work on a "special product offering" for hospitals.

Any more info on this would be appreciated. I hear the hospital market is almost impossible right now and that Hospital Pathologists HAAAATTTEEEE Genoptix. I do not know who to believe.

Someone also told me that the TC/PC split in billing is going away for Medicare. If this is true why should I inteview for this job?

Thanks!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. Don't apply. We are not able to compete and offer no incentives for the hospital market. At all.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard they forced a PAE out after 2 1/2 months. Another example of great leadership.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Serious Answer: I would Not nor have I ever suggested working here to a friend, college or any great candidate! Some may inquire but it's the same answer..."Bad corporate culture and cut throat!" If you do not perform, regardless of the situation in 3 months you will be gone. i am a top performer, and stating facts honestly. Management is really poor and that is a problem for the reps! There is Happiness beyond Genoptix not within.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard the same. There is cut throat vs unprofessional. I heard about the NE PAE it was completely company's fault. Bad management from new DM and no competitive resources for that area of the country. To force a rep out of the company after 2.5 months if promoting them is only a precursor of what corporate structure here is like. Filled with many gaps and lack of solid groundwork for future. Been looking elsewhere.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why the heck would we try and enter the hospital market now????

Has anyone heard that the TC/PC billing for Medicare patients is going bye-bye!!

That is like 70% of the Hospital market!! If we do not have 100% product and testing coverage, who is going to switch to us?? Tell me WHO!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the new dm's in the northeast are laughable. unprofessional, inexperienced, micromanaging, morons. they couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag. rumor has it that one is gone.