Pathology Account Executive

Discussion in 'Genoptix' started by Anonymous, Feb 1, 2012 at 2:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am looking at coming to Genoptix as a PAE, is it really as bad as the comments describe?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you don't mind calling on pathologists who've been spurned by genoptix in the past or if you're ok with not being able to compete with competitive offering or price. None of the pae's or managers have confidence in the PAE director or sales leadership. The company is toxic and if you don't perform you will be targeted quickly. Ask the former PAE in the northeast 3 months and pipped. The management and corporate culture are why the company has experienced 40-50% turnover each year for the past 3 years. (Avg rep lasts 1.5 years. Alot leave in less than 1 year). If I didn't have a 10k retention owed to me I would have left already. Good luck with your decision. For your sake I hope you pass.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on. Do not take the job unless you are desepearte for a short term pay check. Unobtainable goals with poor service offerings equals a very frustrating situation. If you do not have much hospital experience then I would suggest applying forn the PAE director positon as a lack of expereience doesn't seem to hurt.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would expect the turnover to exceed 50 - 60% once the retention bonuses are paid and the quotas reset. My gut feeling from my second meeting here is that people do not have faith in the leadership and they are fed up. I've never seen such low morale and negativity within an organization but I cannot say that their feelings are unwarranted. The sentiments are similar when talking about the customer's perception of Genoptix. The way in which people are treated here is deplorable. HR would have a field day with the management team alone. It's sad because their are good people here but they are not appreciated.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR would have a field day with the management team alone --- what?

HR here has always rubberstamped whatever mgmt wants to do from PeteBob to the current fiasco.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To clarify, an untainted hr department would have a field day. Genoptix hr has already been pimped out

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask the hiring manager how much success we've had in the hospital? Does Genoptix offer everything thing that the competition offers? What's the perception of Genoptix in a Pathology lab? How many PAE's are hitting their goals? How many PAE's have left?
    They will lie their asses off.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Among other things wrong, JC in HR is actually speaking with potential PAEs. Really doesn't have a clue and sets the tone of further incompetence. Might as well have a replacement NFL Rep do the initial screen.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget having to deal with that wonderful human being S.O. in finance.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EEOC 1-800-669-6820

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another valid reason to avoid this company is that management is heavily female and women managers are a nightmare. The male managers are very effeminate, so the culture here suffers from PMS 24/. Look at senior management and you will see those wonderful female qualities like, being very temperamental, passive aggressive, very prone to gossiping and rumor mongering. Just know that you were warned.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nasty is as nasty does and TN is one of the nastiest. LH is doing her best to show that she is a tough bitch too.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JC in HR seemed to be very disorganized and not professional. Not impressed- it just set the tone which was re-inforced during the actual f2f interview with the DM and regional manager. Someone who has had your resume for 5 weeks (and already had a phone screen with you) should NOT start the interview off with "So, Tell me about your resume." What a waste of time. Not prepared, not organized during the interview process- that's the time when an organization should be showing their best foot forward. Eye opening into the culture of the company. Thanks but no thanks. The hiring manager did not even know what time she was supposed to call me- just terrible!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait you don't like?

When Novartis took over Genoptix one of their senior managers thought he was telling a funny story when he said that you had to you use your Novartis employee # when dealing with Novartis HR. Sick, sick, sick.

Just be glad you found out before you joined this sinking garbage barge.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL! Not to pile on, but this post is very accurate. I could give her a pass on not knowing anything about the industry and the sales profession, but she didn't even know how to interview. Again, I would also give her a pass on that, but she is terse, rude and even a bit put out by the process. WOW!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The other "cultural" slap in the face; was when I asked for the manager's business card at the end of the interview; and there was this look on their faces with jaws dropped and faces turning pale... The response was, "if you have a thank you note you would like to send to us for interviewing you; you can send it to "JC" and she will forward it on to us, she is wonderful. After I gave my fake smile and stared at them; speechless, I got up, turned around, and walked out. Literally; they have your resume, your email, your phone number; and possibly even your social security number. There was such tension in the air; in their personalities; and obviously amongst one another. Not a good way to recruit people. #Negative, and #NOT trustworthy.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember baby this is Hollywood aka California so don't call us we'll call you -- if we are interested. In the meantime we don't want pesky sales canidates clogging up our in box especially the kind that are desperate enough to interview here.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This quote from June "detailed like this was pharma in 1986 and even dressed offensively"

Was it offensive because it was Sexy, sloppy, or she was fat etc....

I need to know PLEASE PLEASe tell me

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this job really as bad as these posts? Why are there 3 openings listed on the Internet? It sounds like any easy gig. I am a PA looking to get into sales and this sounds easy. Please give honest feedback. So I can make up my mind about pursuing or not.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

read the previous quotes. you will regret your decision every day. with your background you have options. go to a better company.