Pathway Genomics

Discussion in 'Pathway Genomics' started by Anonymous, May 16, 2014 at 3:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard Pathway Genomics, headquartered out of San Diego CA, is a real grind. They turn and burn reps. The hire you with promises of a big money, sign you up under a contract, then after you are on board re-issue a new comm plan after you have left your current job. They give 4 to 6 weeks and if you don't land large significant accounts within that time they make up a reason to can you. I have had 3 friends from other companies who went there. Oddly, they all have the same story. Beware!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A new training class starts Monday, May, 19th. They don't have a clue what they have signed up for! Anyone who wants feedback regarding employment with Pathway Genomics as a Sales Rep (Sales Manager) needs to ask a "reputable" recruiter or present/former Pathway rep. Most ALL of them know the reputation PG has among their peers and sales reps. The word is out loud and clear! Steer clear!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The good thing for pathway and most companies is it's usually the dirtbag reps that get fired and complain on this forum. 3 ridiculous claims should mean nothing to people looking to work for pathway. I know Janice personally and she is probably the best manager in this space. Ask people that worked for her throughout her career before running your mouth. I am sure the 3 of you have even fired from more jobs than just pathway. Enjoy your weekend.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been fired. Not "seen" fired. Cell phone auto correct. Easy to post horrible comments when you remain anonymous. Making fun of a haircut shows how bad you are at life. I'm glad you were fired.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my opinion, which probably isn't worth much, it looks like a promising place to work. I hope it isn't a "bait and switch" situation. It is also reasonable to expect realistic stretch goals with a growth company. Not expecting things to be perfect, but it couldn't be that bad either.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You were a hard worker? What did your numbers look like? The only people I have seen let go were people with terrible numbers. I can name people if you like but that would hurt them from landing future positions. If you work hard and product you will have a great situation, if you don't then you lose your job. Amazing concept. Any company with 50+ reps is going to have turnover. Take your sob story elsewhere and work harder at your next job.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SO why Did Todd resign and go to another company? Your problem is the company is ran by an inner circle of 2-3 young women who decide - those that are going to stay or leave. It has nothing to do with you producing or not, it has to do with how you play the company game of "gee everything is peachy keen here" when it is not.

If this place was all that Todd would still be there and you would not have the turnover you have. Yes hard worker with a proven track record and there are a few that are still left from last Training class that are not producing but they are still there because they know how to kiss ass to their RBD, but trust me they are looking for another opportunity. Even the top producer on the East Coast is looking. Your reputation proceeds you and anyone with integrity, ethics and professionalism will not stay.

In fact there is so much about Pathway Genomics now in the inner circle of Diagnostic professionals that you have your own board now. So we will be keeping tabs on your bait and switch tactics.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

all you have to do is see who conducts the training class and how piss poor they are, none will answer questions they only vomit out power point talking points that have nothing to do with the real world.
    furthermore you will be turned in by Myriad for trying to bribe physicians with a $20.00 1099 contract for every test they submit, a "processing and handling" inducement is still considered a bribe. in fact, before I left I made sure the local Myriad rep had all of the paperwork they will rat out Pathway Genomics.

better luck next time, maybe you should head back to Walgreens to sell in the sleezy self DNA testing and bribe the FDA this time.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow ... you are off the charts crazy aren't ya? I hope you take your medication tonight.
    Todd took a CEO job.... do you know what that means?? that is a promotion... a higher level position...that's what people do to further their career.
    People that were let go were not producing and guess what moron?? Myriad does the same thing.
    You gave your paperwork to the local Myriad rep? I am sure that rep walked away thinking to themselves, "damn this bitch is crazy". I sure hope you figure out a way to get it together or you will be in the unemployed line for awhile.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only thing "crazy" is the numb nut amateurs that are running Pathway Genomics into the ground. 1) Todd left Pathway Genomics, no matter how you sugar coat him leaving for a "promotion' he was a- looking to bet out b- didn't get promoted at Pathway c- he LEFT 2) Name Calling of "bitch" "moran" "crazy" is exactly the type of people they want at Pathway, those that cannot hold an intelligent debate that resort to gutter street talk. Those that lack professionalism such as this post above.
    3) Myraid rep is a great rep, a guy as I am a male professional not a "bitch" like the "bitches" that run Pathway Genomics into the ground, the K'lenes, Stephanies, Brittaneys, Danielle's et al that haven't a clue what it takes to be in management or successful. For your information their program is different than ours, remember we pulled it once and had 2-3 attorneys look at it.
    4) Who said anything about being "unemployed" ??? LMAO, with my background it took 2-3 phone calls and interviews to find a much better gig at a reputable company. Not one where managers use gutter talk and talk trash to people.

Then guess what shows up in my in box....another recruiter trying to recruit me for a position at Pathway Genomics. I wonder if your Human Resources manager approved that job description, it is full of misleading lies. You will find another sucker, but they never stay 75% of the staff have been there for under 1 year.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone looking at the company culture at Pathway Genomics read this disgusting disrespectful post. This is how Managers and the inner circle at Pathway treat employees. ask yourself if you would like to work for a place where managers use this kind of vulgar language. Lastly the person who took Todd's place has been there barely going on 2 months. Great job Pathway Genomics you are losing your most valuable resource your employees. That's OK, they will run out of money with their training classes, they have already had 2 in 6 months. Lets see what happens between now and then and if this IPO ever happens.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It really is sad that you can't get over being let go. The managers are pathway ARE professional and that is why you were let go. They don't hang onto the bottom feeding reps. No company does. You need to work on your grammar. How do you expect someone to hire you again when you can't type simple sentences and are too lazy to double check your work? You name call and make fun of people's hair and talk like a scumbag but when someone does it back to you, you get all defensive and get all bent out of shape. Fun to watch though. Do you realize that you are the only person in here bitching about PG? I don't care if you are a male (bullshit as I know who you are), you are still a crazy bitch. Soooooo are you going to produce your rankings so we can all see why you were cannedp or just tell everyone how you never made it out of training and why. Todd took a CEO job. Are you not intelligent enough to understand that? No replacement has been hired, yet you continue to run your mouth. Thanks for your banter it truly is entertaining and myriad people will keep jumping over to PG. happy Father's Day crazy lady.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is what you think of the Salesforce you hire that they are dirtbags. Wow, how angry you are for being a failure of a manager. First of all, having been a manager and knowing that recruiting and hiring is the most important part of your position, it doesn't sound like you are doing an effective job of wading through these flood of "dirtbags" that Pathway Genomics is hiring.

Instead of coming on here having to defend your mistakes, and accepting part of the blame for not hiring correctly. Pathway Genomics should get better at hiring and recruiting, start with actually meeting people face to face and looking them in the eye instead of hiring by phone calls and virtual meetings. If Pathway is having this much of a turnover, there is something wrong with the style and methods of your recruitment.

Good Managers ALWAYS accept part of the blame for the person they hired failing, what did you do to insure they had all the tools and support needed to be successful.

Too bad Pathway Genomics will fail. It will fail because it doesn't value it's employees they are used like disposables to them. Keep up that attitude, you will not have a stable workforce and that is something that shareholders look at too.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BTW, I am not the other posters. So there must be more than 1 poster on her besides the crazy manager that is belligerent. Keep blaming the reps forever for your failures and making them the fall guys. Sooner or later you lame little manager (yes little, because you are little people not talented managers) you will have to assume the responsibility for the company failing.

The numbers will continue to fall and morale will decrease. The only crazies I saw at this company were the inner circle of "Todd and Jimmy's girls" and they would never make it as managers anywhere else. Clueless and classless individuals that are Teflon, never taking responsibility for anything. Pathway Genomics is a recipe for failure, so a few Myriad people are there. A few Prometheus people, a few from Ambry, some from Genoptix and elsewhere big Whoopie. The Managers came from several different companies as well what does that have to do with the price of meat in Timbuktu.

See you will fail, you are too self-absorbed, self righteous and indignant to admit you are part of the problem. The fish stinks from the top down.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you think I am a manager at Pathway? You are very ignorant person.
    Interviews are all done face to face. Nice try. If yours was not done face to face it was because you sold them on how good of a rep you were yet everyone found out that was not true because you were canned. Produce those rankings and show everyone why you were fired. Your manager let you go because you didn't sell shit. FACT.
    If you don't sell shit, they are supposed to keep you on their payroll? This is where our liberal country is headed people. Rewarding failure is your idea of what successful companies will do?
    Get a new job and clean up your act.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pathway rocks! I just started a month ago and am already selling 15 tests a week. Great company and if you can't make money and have fun here, you should not be in sales.

Check this cool video out.

http://www.epklink.com/pathwaytothecure

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great video. It would be wonderful if you could also send this link to your Myriad rep friend.

https://www.pathway.com/about-us/newsroom

I have been at Pathway over a year and the only people that were let go were those that did not perform. It has been this way since the beginning of time, in every industry.
    My friend was let go from the company but she did not perform so she had no leg to stand on. It happens.

Please remember to pass this article to your Myriad friend. Here it is again in case you did not get the memo.

https://www.pathway.com/about-us/newsroom

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA HA so pathway genomics is being sued by Myriad, I am sure the Myriad people are shaking in their boots in fear. Again, you are spinning this lawsuit as something positive for women that pathway is fighting for women's rights, low class bottom dweller marketing tactics have no place in medicine. Expect your marketing tactics to be part of this lawsuit claims against Pathway. Should this ever go to trial, what are you willing to give up in discovery for pre trial? Employees past and present could get subpoenas to testify to many "tactics" Pathway Genomics uses, even Todd could be subpoenaed. Did you think about that before you boast about being sued.

You shouldn't be so proud to be involved in a lawsuit of this sort, If this ever goes to trial it will be hundreds and thousands in legal fees $$$ that Pathway will have to defend their rights to market and sell the BRCA test. It could get hung up in court for years not to mention the fact it will give negative publicity to Pathway whereby Doctors and patients will stay clear. Very few of these cases end up in court, there will be a settlement, and stipulations drawn on the limitations of how Pathway Genomics can promote and sell BRCA.

In the end the only winners in these sort of lawsuits is not the patient, it's the attorney's that will line their pockets and gouge from Pathway's bank account. Negative press can be spun positively but not many people want anything to do with 2 companies embroiled in a bitch fest over rights to sell a test that is becoming passe as Mamma Print starts grabbing business away while you get in your cat fight with Myriad.

Pathway will have to hire a team of attorneys to respond to these allegations, the staff counsel they have now is not equipped to take on Myriad alone. So more money out the door in legal fees. Cha ching Cha ching,

Thank you for the link it's the best news I have heard, the next will be when Myriad gets a huge settlement.

I think it's becoming clear why Todd fled Pathway in the midst of a lawsuit.

LOL

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What makes your moronic rant sad is not your pathetic lack of knowledge, but your grammatical effort. Do you type and speak to all of your clients and coworkers like this? You really don't have a leg to stand on, nor bring any good info to the argument, when you can't spell and use commas for periods. Myriad people have been leaving in flocks for the past 2 years and it will continue to be that way. Myriad was the only game in town for awhile so their reps are so upset that they actually have to use any ability they can to sell a doc instead of getting handouts. Keep pumping Pathway though...we love the press!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sorry, that post was very well thought out and made a lot more sense than your rants. Your argumentation is not well thought out, your post is 70% about grammar, punctuation which by the way....yours stinks.

Didn't notice that we had a professor of English in the inner circle of bitchy, snarky and inexperienced managers. If you want the title of Grammar police go ahead, I am looking at content and substance and the other post has yours beat hands down.

So lets circle around and stay on topic shall we. Summing it up.
    Pathway Genomics has had a large turnover
    Todd (Mr. Pathway) has recently left for a CEO position at another company
    Pathway recently started selling BRCATrue
    Pathway has a questionable marketing plan with Susan G. Komen
    Pathway is being sued by Myriad and University of Utah for 13 patent violations
    Pathway continues to spin the lawsuit and Todd's departure as "a good thing"
    Managers at Pathway continue to blame sales people for EVERYTHING
    Managers at Pathway spin Myriad as the losers.

OK it's all very clear, thanks for the grammar lesson.