Pathwork Diagnostics?

Discussion in 'Genoptix' started by Anonymous, Mar 18, 2011 at 5:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was contacted by a headhunter for a job at Pathwork DX..... many of our reps have left to go there. Does anyone know if it is a good company, good pay? I have heard that Sales Management can be a nightmare.... anyone know anyone there?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pathworks - excellent company, they will give you all the time you need to establish your territory. No call reports, no budget spend requirements no micro mgmt, they have innovative and specialized lab tests that every doctor will need to treat their pts, no worries about co-pay or insurance issues, i hop ethey are hiring in my neck of the woods

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the opposite of what I heard. But then again, maybe that was the intent of that post. Reps are already starting to realize they were over-sold on this test and physicians are staying away from it. Management is starting to expect some numbers and it just aint happening. Get a good base because that will be the bulk of your comp.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the beginning, like every new company, they had no real expectations for budgets and revenue. Now, they talk about targets, opportunities for growth and set expectations because they learned enough about the business so they know what they should go after. Problem is, with no real data, contracts or company support, their expectations are not realistic. I am working my butt off and not making nearly what they promised. If you are desperate to leave, this is a transitory company not one you will make a career at. Also, management has started to become a real nightmare. No real standards on how to evaluate people. They go with what they feel. Regarding reporting, I don't know where you get your information from, I do have to report my calls and they will get more rigid with everything, already making my life difficult with spending. Stay out of here. This is not the promomise land.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some reps made big $$$ others were let go. I don't get how they are hiring like ten more reps for the US. One product company. I do think though that they are trying to get bought.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sales director is a joke....... Most of their reps can sell circles around him. They have over hired to pump up his resume........ The new reps are dying there....... No real training, just a lot of hot air. I was offered a job, but after talking to their seasoned reps (huge turnover!) I didn't want to deal with MMcD.... He has no respect for anyone........ I wonder how long the board is going to let him spend $$$ on reps in territories where there isn't enough population to support having a rep there...... At least Genoptix is the devil we know!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am glad I made the move. Is it easy, NO. Is the test great, YES. As with any newer product it takes time to develop the market. The competition was first to market but did not do well in creating a need. So, it is still a "new" test to most customers. I was not over promised anything and I did my own research before I took this job. MM is a good leader who is still developing himself. Unlike the PETEBOB SHOW, MM is unproven still and I think he will be GREAT over time. PETEBOB have proven themselves.....AS UNFIT LEADERS. Its a small company and it will have growing pains. This is the type of company Genoptix was a few years back. Do not listen to the complaints, every company has problems. I have had some very good feedback from customers and I have had very bad feedback. This test is not going to be used by every doctor. Its not like a bone marrow test so do not think the TOO test will be as easy to sell. I think Pathwork will be a GREAT company and I hope it is setting itself up for sale! Thats the fasted way I will make money on my options!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously a new rep...... Wait until MM starts beating you down... Honeymoon won't last. Enjoy your guarantee... Only a few reps make the $$$$! Even my headhunter said they don't hold on to their reps for long

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it true medicare is not even paying for these test? All i heard was the company itself was bleeding and just working on investors money hoping for a buyout....

Please correct me if i was misinformed.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sadly it's true and Medicarr is not the only insurance not paying for the test which is a great problem for patients since they can always expect an enormous bill.

Same challenges in a different home.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup, Medicare is the reimbursement benchmark for all the other 3rd party payors. This company is already in trubs. It’s a sad commentary of Genoptix if these reps think this is a better environment.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1.They were sold a bill-of-goods by Pathwork. 2. They were unwilling to ride the tide of uncertainty before the Novartis merger. Everyone that went over are good people and I wish them the best.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay away from MMcD. Product is suspect at best, Genoptix reps from atlanta and Florida have already come and gone with that company, serious micro management. MMcD is unbearable. Not trustworthy.

14. Josie Dna

Josie Dna Guest

Re:"M.M." Pathwork Diagnostics?

Funny string here. I knew "MM" when he was at a previous company. What a joke and a jerk. He treats all the people under him as if they are his personal slave. The lack of professionalism with customers was almost unbearable. I hope that Pathwork will wise up and ex-patriot this guy. He particularly likes to harass women. Get's off on playing mind games. I used to think he was a sexiest, but it is really about feeding that ego of his. Bet he has told many lies to management about how great he is. He couldn't sell his way out of a paper bag!!! Most people are on to his act fairly quickly. Self-Serving, obnoxious, but likes to look good in the eyes of management.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did not know Petebob had a twin.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

mark is way worse. Likes to have people do whatever whenever he says and never accepts others points of view or thoughts. Dbag.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed with the company and MM. The product is struggling. That is an understatement. You have to chase every specimen to make any money. They will get bought by big box lab at some point. MM seemed fine in the interview but hard to say after meeting someone for an hour. High turnover and pathologist don't like the product.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WTF......this is not a pathwork board! Get the F off. We should spend our time telling everyone what horrible leaders Petebob are. More great reps left today. We are in a world of hurt! Petebob will replace them with more failures from their past failed companies. What a joke they are.....I got to find Something new fast! Petebob are by far the biggest losers I have ever seen running a company. How do they sleep? Reps are running back to pharma just to escape their stupidity! We all know that it's not the Novartis deal thats making people leave....when will Petebob get fired?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you leave can you please tell your client's what is going on. This way they will stop using Genoptix and move to another lab.

That will hit them where it hurts

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The quality of the lab work done at Genoptix is second to none. PeteBob and Co. are another story and that will change for the better over the coming months as Novartis makes changes. To the last post---people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.