Patterson GUILTY of Collusion

Discussion in 'Patterson Dental Supply' started by anonymous, Oct 16, 2019 at 12:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was given the boot in mid-Oct. Even with the 'wins' I got with my accounts, it wasn't enough. I think this was my last stop in the dental sales world; far too unpredictable for me.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

how long where you with Patterson? Did they give you a reason why you where let go?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How about they just lost over 20+ million and are losing business overnight to online competitors

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17 months. It's all about the numbers, and not learning to keep my mouth shut in regards to what's really going on. Also, I couldn't get enough business back from HS where they all went in 2018--so I was considered to be virtually ineffective.
    My advice to any newbies out there in dental sales: don't call a spade a spade. Drink the KoolAid. Do whatever it takes. Everything is wonderful, management is outstanding.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17 months--it's all about the numbers. And the fact that I haven't learned to keep my mouth shut. Also, I could not get customers to come back from HS where they all went in 2018.
    My advice to newbies: Believe these things, and you'll do fine: silence is golden, drink gallons of the KoolAid, management and support are wonderful. Above all, do not have an opinion. You'll do fine.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I understand the corporate people will not return phone calls and have no idea what the dental business is about....that includes the two morons who have been with the company for several years. Yes I mean Guggie who failed miserably as the president and his little buddy Rogan who should be fired for what he did with price fixing as well as being one of the Minnesota mafia who helped put this company in the position it is in along with Guggie. I spoke my mind when I was employed there and was called on the carpet and threatened with my job. I told them what I felt the issues were and was told to keep my mouth shut. So the person who wrote about the kool aid and keeping your mouth shut and you will do fine is correct about this company.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Minny is a bigger mess than it’s ever been. Unsure if it’s just Eddie Van Guggenheim and Elf Rogen causing all the havoc, but things sure are awful.

Don’t work here unless you have a solid territory, even if you do, time to seriously get your resume in order...this thing will hit the skids even more now.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The forced exodus from the dental sales world is huge. Patterson has certainly seen this in the most dramatic way, but it's really across the board. Established territory reps at the other distributors are fine, constantly being hit with commission cuts but still not enough to leave. The manufacturer reps are now mostly rookie sales reps straight out of college. The industry has fallen hard very quickly even though they still hold 30% + margins.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the compression continues and we did little to protect ourselves. Too many dildos at the top.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes and the boys club continues.