Pay increase from pcp to cv?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, May 5, 2023 at 2:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have heard there was supposedly gonna be a pay increase in our base moving from pcp to cv specialty after this recent "restructuring"/layoffs that occurred 2 weeks ago. Has anyone heard this or received word of an increase in base pay? May 1st has come and gone and haven't heard anything.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

many manager said no base pay increase and that Novartis did us a favor by letting us keep our jobs and not be laid off

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whoa. There are some new reps making $60k annual now selling in cardiology. Can't believe they wouldn't bump them up. Beyond that, can't believe they were kept to do specialty account sales.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty sure nobody is nearly that low. That being said……we need a raise if we are actually going to be OneCV.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m sorry to tell you. there’s no one cv.

Duane took a decent division and threw it into a wood chipper.

You may get get a small increase but you won’t level up to what old css was making automatically. the increase you are getting is IC potential.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is there still CVA? I've heard they have been cut off

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Im hopeful that after this training is over they level out the pay so that the former PCP reps will be similarly compensated to the former CSS reps.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are funny!!! So you think someone making 80k with little years of experience should suddenly get a pay raise up to 150k for someone who might have 25 years of experience? It’s nothing more then a title change.. what else warrants your raise??? You have to earn it!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Novartis sees us as equals, they gave us the same title. the Job Is essentially the same, In fact selling Entresto and Leqvio is much more difficult in primary care than it is in cardiology. we are capable of understanding and selling the drugs equally, capable of delivering the same messages. so yes it seems fair that they should level the pay.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you think you deserve it, go get it elsewhere or here. Those of us who are paid higher, are better salespeople. We asked for more and we got it!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Im going to have to disagree, I think the CSS reps that have merged on our team are nice and all, however truly there is not a noticeable difference in skill, I could also say the same about our ISS rep, certainly not a difference that would justify such a huge gap in salary. There are superstar PCP reps on the same team that are more skilled than the previous CSS reps.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

just because the job is the same doesn’t mean all the sales reps are the same.
    There is no substitution for experience!!!! Don’t be fooled.. the ABLs have a ranking and the pcps are at the bottom.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are clearly one of the reps hired out of college or have little experience. There is no “equal pay” at Novartis despite what they try and bullshit everyone with. There are so many extenuating circumstances that go into salary increases. So many of us are paid differently and we do the same job. It depends on when you were hired, what you made at your previous company, years of experience, education, etc.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My former pcp team was all retained and is very experienced. Before you level some insult about us being pcp and experienced, we have achieved well too. We are merging with cv reps of similar experience. As one of the reps with that experience, I can tell you the specialty sell is much less work than primary care.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is that why many regions are having mandatory calls with the retained PCP reps on “ how to call on cardiologists” because you bring so much expertise to the role?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s become clear that Novartis has created an ever bigger mess than before the reorg. Divisiveness between the ranks, letting go of many good cv reps, and not having a clue of what they are doing with Leqvio has sunk this place even lower than I thought possible. Dumpster fire isn’t quite good enough to describe just how bad this division really is.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Obviously you weren’t on it, as it was useless. Yes, there was quite a bit of chatter on my very experienced team about the insult of being introduced to the “total office call” like it’s 2003 again. I’m well aware of “how” to call on specialty offices, the hurdle will be explaining why their very competent rep was let go and starting over building relationships. Just because I’ve been put in this awkward position by Novartis doesn’t mean I’m not qualified.
    Of course, the antithesis of the “total office call” is being required to enter 6 calls a day in 6 different offices in 6 different cities and walking right past the office staff to get to the next of your 6 targets, but I’ll play their stupid game if they want.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you know why it’s easier? Because entresto launched in 2015. Entresto is off patent in the next 10-18 months. Entresto launch was just as hard as leqvio with drs however the company wasn’t working against us.
    Yes, there are many talented pcp reps but a majority of the retained were hired 2022.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Entitled little brats. If you think you are worth more, try applying to another company and see what kind of bump you will get. It will be more than Novartis but it will be what the market will pay for your years of experience!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I could get a great bump right now, already turned one down. I just don’t want to go to training again! But if Novartis doesn’t give me a bump for surviving and thriving the last few years, that’s what I’ll do.