Paying back commisions!!!

Discussion in 'Merial' started by Anonymous, Jan 24, 2008 at 11:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is anybody concerned about paying back commision on diverted sales? How can this be fair? If it was stated before the quota was set, then I'd have no problem with it, but then mid-stream they change the rules.

They make millions while we make nothing and have no control over this.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But you made the parade of wonderful sales reps across the stage......you won the trips........fame........recognition.........Now, as a credible sales rep who does NOT divert, I feel soooooo sorry for your not fair crap. Sorry about your luck. They should take every dime of diverted sales away from you crooks.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good point. Then one last question: Did that dress make my butt look big?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, Your fat made your butt look big.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wait... i thought Merial didn't divert???

fucking liars. i hope your accounts find this shit out and take it out on your vaccine, frontline, and previ-c0xsucker products

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sympathize with you, and yes it's not right. You have to be one of the chosen one's to get paid on those deals, and it's pretty obvious who they are.

For those of you who have not had this happen to them yet, yes Merial diverts, just like Bayer and Norvartis. Bayer is such a whore about it, they have accounts in So. Cal and AZ are getting over a million per year. They don't get quite that much with Merial, but when the regional manager (you know who you are) needs to hit their number, they'll have secret meetings and ultimately give them whatever they want. If you don't have one of those special accounts in your territory, good luck trying to crack that 100K mark. You might want to try selling your samples to the local independent pet store. You can make a quick 25% over list. Yeah to bad for you Bayer reps, I hear they won't even give you cost for your samples.

So basically the moral of the story is, keep your samples for yourself, and sell them. This will more than over compensate for any BS pay back of your commission. Oh yeah, for the jack off who is upset about not making the rewards trip, you can have mine. Who gives a fuck about some lame ass trip with a bunch of big wigs acting like assholes mingling with some immature sorority bitches. I hope this shit gets out because this company is so unethical.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is everyone on this board scared to name names. Cafepharma is anonymous! It's obvious you guys are pissed off at your co-workers that divert product. They're giving you a bad name, so why not take a shot back at them and call them out.

Please name names and states/cities.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't have put it better!!! Beautiful! I really don't give a shit about that trip. I have been on plenty and you are spot on about the the big wigs, or shall I say big fat asses prancing their 350 lbs bodies around the beach drunk and acting stupid. Little do they know that we all sit back and laugh at their idiotic behavior. The company is unethical, just wish we could do something about it!! It becomes pretty demotivating when they prance these diverters around like they are some hero. I will continue collecting my paycheck until something better comes along.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ditto. You all seemed to be pissed at these people, so why are you protecting them? Name names! What are you afraid of?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you work for the company you don't have to name names. We are all aware of who they are. The problem starts at the top and works its way down. (TZ, ZM, SB, BC, BD)

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you all such pussies? Initials? Name names. THose of us working in clinics and for distributor companies don't know initials. These people give us all a bad name.

Quit protecting these assholes! Bring it all out into the open and maybe (albeit slowly) something can change.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok... i will name names.

If they had a business card that said Merial on it, they diverted. Some diverted more than others. When I was at Schering, we did it, and now that I am at Bayer, we do it here too.

Now, act accordingly.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another spineless bastard. Name Bayer names if you know them. What are you afraid of?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

San Francisco California represantative (you know who you are) - is a major diverter.
    If you want a name.
    Call Merial 1-800 number and ask for the name of the rep that covers San Francisco.
    Then blast their name all over blogs everywhere.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who lives in California is a diverter. All the reps out there are known for their diversion activities. Steve Blank the Regional Manager out there allows them to do what they have to do to get the business.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't you save us the phone call and just name the name you scared, spineless little pussy! I don't get it; what's so hard about typing a name? If it's true then you should have no reason in the world not to call the person out.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! You are persistant. No one cares to name names. Drop it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You think this sucks? You should hear what corporate did to Inside Sales in regards to "repaying" commissions. There are some kids in there who "owe" almost $10K in 2008 because of a "payroll error" in 2007 totaling over $150K (yes, a $150K error). Kinda scary payroll/finance could lose track of that much.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chickenshit.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one should be pissed at the reps for diverting. They're doing their job and can't stop diversion either. They can't tell the buyer they can't buy. Merial is the only one with the power to stop it, and they don't want to. But,the issue is, why do some reps get to divert, make their quota, and huge commissions, go on a trip, parade on stage wearing dresses that, yes make their ass look fat, etc, while some reps can't divert and get punished, ie, PIP for not making their quota. This really can't be legal. Anyone know a good corporate lawyer? How can such unequal distribution of $ be legal? How about forming a union? Ha. We all get paid pretty damn well to sell flea and tick products, but it's not fair the way unethical Merial plays their games. How in the hell do they keep track of all the tangled webs they weave?