PDT Selling Question

Discussion in 'Sun Pharma' started by anonymous, Jun 28, 2017 at 5:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Relatively new selling PDT. Anyone else have a problem with the fact that this entire sale is off-label?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shhhh...don't tell anyone

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amazing that they have not been investigated yet. Now with Biofrontera having a better indication this might become a serious issue. Save yourself because the company will not save you. Always sell on label and when the customer asks about incubation, field treatment, or extremities, tell them you can't discuss that. If you want to make a lot of money record your manager telling you how to sell around these 3 things. Easy to do now on your smart phone. Also easy to do with old DUSA managers. I have recorded my manager and he is a DUSA legacy. I have him recorded telling me how to sell around all of this stuff. He looks like an umpa lumpa...guess who it is?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OMG.... you are talking about SB... how funny. I almost pissed myself on the umpa lumpa comment. Keep recording him on field rides and inservices and you will be a millionaire. He is the biggest off-label promoter of them all.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Better yet get RG telling you how to sell off-label recorded. You will be sitting on a gold mine.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ask your manager how to open a new account who has never done PDT before and what do you tell the customer about incubation period? Record their answer. You need to do this because your ass could be in jail if you tell the customer anything other than 14-18 hours. Btw Ameluz is 1-3 hours.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ameluz will be in the drivers seat come January 1. All they need to do then is explain their Jcode and scare doctors with the off label marketing of Sun reps. Doctors can be whistle blowers too. Sun bought a huge off label liability when they bought DUSA. All ex-DUSA reps have a ton of dirt on Sun and they will start using it soon.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok I am new too and I am reading the Overview page on the in-service manual they gave us. In there it states that the in-services will be a two day event because of the 14-18 hour incubation period. However, in training they said no they will only be 1 day because nobody does that. So they said if someone tries to do extremities that we can't be in the room with patient because that is off label. So if we can't do that how can we be in the room with a patient that has only done 1-2 hour incubation? That is off-label too. What about a patient that gets field treatment? Why is that ok to be in the room? That is off-label too. Why is one off label procedure off limits to be in the room but all the others are? My manager wants me to schedule as many 1 day in-services as I can but if I do then I am teaching an office how to use this off-label. Aren't I putting myself at risk? What in the world did I get myself into???? Does anyone else see the major problem here?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You hit the nail on the head. This company has set itself up for a DOJ investigation. Has anyone ever held an inservice longer than 1 day? I mean really? They are screwed. They are explicitly showing offices how to use the product off label with 1 day inservices. There is also now a history of this practice over the past few years. All it will take is 1 pissed off employee to blow the whistle. Maybe they already have. Dilip will see a couple hundred million get thrown away because he bought a company full of crooks and swindlers. Buyer beware Dilip. You got hot pokered on this pig.

I will advise all reps to secretly record their managers telling them to do 1 day inservices and how to do it. You can be added to the whistle blower case and get 33% of the settlement.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The problem is the leadership is living in the Old DUSA days mentality and they dont understand that the DOJ doesnt mess around. It isnt fun when they start poking their head in your business. Reps and managers do go to jail. I have seen peoples lives ruined from this stuff. Get out before the hammer comes down. Not worth it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So what the heck do we do now when our manager tells us to do 1 day inservices? Man this is freaking me out. This is so illegal and scary.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hit the record button on your phones when your manager is working with you or on conference calls. You want to watch them squirm? Ask them how it is legal to do a 1 day inservice during a conference call....

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi!

First of all: Thank you very much for your interesting conversation!

I am a shareholder of biofrontera, which is selling Ameluz for PDT. I am highly convinced about the superiority of Ameluz and at once upset of the behavior of DUSA your are describing.

So my questions are:
    How will the J-Code for Ameluz in 2018 affect the PDT-market?
    Do you think that Medicare or the FDA will stop DUSA?

Best regards

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

J code will allow offices to get reimbursed easier and faster. Right now it is a pain for offices to use a Msc. Jcode. That will change the game for Biofrontera.

FDA/Medicare aren't the ones that will stop Sun/Dusa. It is the department of justice. What first has to happen is a lawsuit filed by either an employee/ex-employee(s) or customer. Then the DOJ will decide to become a part of the case or not. Then cases usually take about 8-9 years before the companies will settle. In nearly ALL cases the companies settle because if they lose they risk being locked out of Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement for many many years and for all products not just the one in question. Sun/Dusa should be stopping themselves right now but I doubt they will because they are getting too much pressure from India to make money at ANY cost. Dilip won't go to jail the reps and managers will.

Sun/Dusa has a ton of liability right now for their sales practices going back almost a dozen years. They have a lot of unhappy customers and many ex-employees who have left and are unhappy. It really is only a matter of time until the hammer comes down. Sun/Dusa could be looking at hundreds of millions of dollars in liability to get out of a case like this let alone the frustration of having an ongoing investigation last that long.

If Sun were smart they would sell the DUSA division off to a private investor and get rid of the liability but nobody would probably buy it. Will be interesting to watch what happens.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Holy crap!!! All of this doesn't seem fair for the rep. The system is messed up. I know one thing, the moment I can leave here I will. This isn't worth it. Thanks for the education.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TANKKS a lot for the moment!

Your answer is discussed in a chat of shareholders in Germany:

https://www.wallstreet-online.de/diskussion/1152884-26201-26210/biofrontera-heisse-turnaround-spekulation

Every information is very important for us and this little company...

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If I read German I could maybe understand it.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so then why hasn't the know it all in this thread reporting them for Off label promotion????? You seem to have all the dirt, so do it. Geez.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like someone has gotten under someone else's skin. lol. I don't have any skins in the game but having been with other companies where DOJ starts investigation you need to understand nobody will know when someone files a suit because the name of the person is concealed until settlement or trial. Also the filing takes a lot of time. It does appear though that someone or many are pissed off. I myself am looking to get out of this dump.