Pennsylvania Restaurant Bans Children

Discussion in 'Cafepharma Playground' started by Pale Horse, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. jasmin

jasmin Guest

Oh boy, you have to click on the link to the restaurant. It is a cheesy, low-rent kind of place with small tables and bar seating, complete with one old TV mounted high on the wall like in a hospital, and paper napkins. This is no fancy schmancy place where kids don't belong. I think I would ban the restaurant.

I find other people's children infuriating when we go out. If they are old enough to walk, they are old enough to sit and behave, and if they don't, the parents should remove them from the restaurant. However, I think there is a different expectation from a McDonalds and a high end restaurant. This one looks much closer to McDonalds. I wonder if they know the economy is bad and parents and grandparents, even those sans kids for an evening out, are likely to avoid the restaurant? I would look at it differently if we were talking about china, cloth napkins, candelight, and formal wait staff......

2. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Don't be such a snob SPN. That's fine dining in PA.

I was in Costco the other day getting supplies for the office. This kid was screaming bloody murder forever and the mother did nothing so I walked over and told her to "shut her kid the f#$% up". She went nuts and found a manager.

3. GorgeousGAMS

GorgeousGAMS Guest

I love restaurants that "ban" children under 12. I even like the ones that have special "areas" just for families so that us childless folk can eat in peace. There is nothing worse than spending 30 bucks or more and having your meal ruined by screaming kids. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

4. Drug Dumper

Drug Dumper Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I ask to be moved - whether or not the food is in front of me -- the waiter can move whatever is in front of me.

5. Breakingnews

Breakingnews Well-Known Member

It's a GREAT idea - I have had to endure out of control kids at restaurants - Parents who let their children run wild should be charged double.

6. I agree that restaurants should be able to discriminate on any basis they choose.

Just curious, going back to GG's post on her "expensive" $30 dinner. What if instead of "kids" she substituted the word "blacks" would people feel the same way?

Should private businesses be allowed to deny service to anyone they choose for any reason they choose?

I say yes

7. Breakingnews

WTF?

A ridiculous and insulting question . . . I will pretend that you didn't even post that.

Did you learn nothing from being banned/modded for racist posts in the past?

8. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Actually it is a good question. THe article addresses that by saying that they could not have gotten away w/ it if they had banned the elderly. Then again why would they because they are quiet.

9. Well, I should have known that my post would not be digestable by some with inadequate education and simpleton thinking, so in the spirit of the new CP lovefest, allow me to try to bring you along slowly.

It is clear that this restaurant is discriminating against families with small children. There is no denying that. It is clear that many on this board approve of this discrimination, you being one of them.

So why this discrimination and not others? In fact why can't restaurants discriminate against the elderly? Clearly this is age discrimination.

Now, I believe that a private entity should be allowed to deny entry to any person for any reason they choose, whether it be age, color, religion or if they have pimples on their face.

The reason is that I support free markets and if a business wants to turn away customers and can still stay in business, why is it anyone elses business?

The question I asked about blacks and your cromagnon, nonthinking response to it was what I fully expected from the likes of you.

10. Fucktard

Fucktard Well-Known Member

The sad thing is that restaurants feel the need to do this because people are so STUPID they can't figure out a few things.

1. Is this restaurant appropriate for a child to dine in? 2. If my child acts a fool, will it upset other diners? 3. If my child acts a fool, am I willing to get up from my dinner, remove child from restaurant, and get the rest of the food to go? 4. Am I bringing children of an appropriate age into this restaurant, and am I of the belief that this will be a pleasant dining experience for all in the restaurant?

That's what is wrong with mankind today. Lack of common sense.

11. Well, it is a good thing that there are so many who are willing to force their version on common sense on the unwashed masses :D

12. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Very true. I don't know why parents treat kids as play prettys instead of human beings. Newsflash young parents: Your kids ain't special, they're just like everybody else.

13. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Very true. I don't know why parents treat kids as play prettys instead of human beings. Newsflash young parents: Your kids ain't special, they're just like everybody else.

14. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

I gotta nut job.

15. Breakingnews

Only a degenerate like you would try inject race into this thread - You never learn even after mutiple bannings and moddings for racist posts here on CP.

Keep posting to show the entire board how you really feel once your white hood comes off.

16. Breakingnews

On more than one occasion, I have told parents in restaurants to do something about their out of hand children.

17. Breakingnews

Does that include on the basis of race as put forth by ILA?

18. Breakingnews

19. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest