Perrigo to DIVEST themselves of Women' s Health division

Discussion in 'Perrigo Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Dec 3, 2016 at 3:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sound like one of the bitter folks who wasn't making your yearly (and easy to achieve) sales goal so you had to come onto cafe pharma and point the finger of scorn at the leadership team for your short comings. You are a person who can never hold him/her self accountable for failing so you have to blame everyone else instead. Good luck taking that attitude into your next job and into the rest of your life. You will never be successful with your poor attitude. Just a disgruntled job hopper.
    Mike and Mark are two of the finest people anyone could ever work for. They always had everyone's best interest at heart. Trying to do right by people at every turn. With Quotas, bonuses, recognition, communication, and more.
    Here is what is funny to me...
    You're complaining about the 30 people who went to the bathroom during just one sales presentation at the national sales meeting? First, that was very disruptive. Some times it can't wait. I get that. That's 2 or 3 people at most. But 30 people; within a half hour time span got up and went to the bathroom. That absolutely disrupts the speaker and the people trying to listen to the presentation. That's why there are "breaks" l, genius. And that was your biggest issue with Mark? Tell me... How did that bathroom issue impact your poor sales?

And your biggest issue with Terry is that he says "umm" really? That's petty bro. Who cares if he isn't the best public speaker? He did his job well. He found us good products to sell and put them at the right price on the market. Perrigo didn't want to pull the trigger on any new products because of obvious restructuring. Otherwise we would have had more to sell.
    Rebecca and Lynn.. good people. We had great marketing material and our product was in pretty good distribution for branded products. No issues with those two. And Everyone wore a lot of different hats in the company and bent over backwards to make this a successful division and to put its people first by being fair and accommodating to them.
    You can't make everyone happy. No matter how hard you try. And you proved that with your post. Regardless of your negativity, the larger majority of the sales force was happy with the divison and the leadership.
    But hey. That's why cafe pharma exists. For people like you. The misery loves company person who comes on here to gripe about how unhappy they are with their own lives and try to place that blame onto others. You are the minority in this viewpoint sir/madam. And lastly, I hope your Christmas was as awful as your attitude.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sound like one of the bitter folks who wasn't making your yearly (and easy to achieve) sales goal so you had to come onto cafe pharma and point the finger of scorn at the leadership team for your short comings. You are a person who can never hold him/her self accountable for failing so you have to blame everyone else instead. Good luck taking that attitude into your next job and into the rest of your life. You will never be successful with your poor attitude. Just a disgruntled job hopper.
    Mike and Mark are two of the finest people anyone could ever work for. They always had everyone's best interest at heart. Trying to do right by people at every turn. With Quotas, bonuses, recognition, communication, and more.
    Here is what is funny to me...
    You're complaining about the 30 people who went to the bathroom during just one sales presentation at the national sales meeting? First, that was very disruptive. Some times it can't wait. I get that. That's 2 or 3 people at most. But 30 people; within a half hour time span got up and went to the bathroom. That absolutely disrupts the speaker and the people trying to listen to the presentation. That's why there are "breaks" l, genius. And that was your biggest issue with Mark? Tell me... How did that bathroom issue impact your poor sales?

And your biggest issue with Terry is that he says "umm" really? That's petty bro. Who cares if he isn't the best public speaker? He did his job well. He found us good products to sell and put them at the right price on the market. Perrigo didn't want to pull the trigger on any new products because of obvious restructuring. Otherwise we would have had more to sell.
    Rebecca and Lynn.. good people. We had great marketing material and our product was in pretty good distribution for branded products. No issues with those two. And Everyone wore a lot of different hats in the company and bent over backwards to make this a successful division and to put its people first by being fair and accommodating to them.
    You can't make everyone happy. No matter how hard you try. And you proved that with your post. Regardless of your negativity, the larger majority of the sales force was happy with the divison and the leadership.
    But hey. That's why cafe pharma exists. For people like you. The misery loves company person who comes on here to gripe about how unhappy they are with their own lives and want to place the blame on others. Your viewpoint is absolutely the minority on this one sir/madam.
    I hope your 2017 is as awful as your attitude.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To whoever posted the previous comments, providing names and details, couldn't be more SPOT ON, truthful and accurate. The division WOULD have survived if it was guided in the right direction with a strong pipeline leadership strategy, and profitable. You can't build your platform on ancient drugs. Not sure the CLOWN that posted the recent comments worked in the same division. You would be better off pushing OTC generic nyquil. Your description above only fuels the fire of the circus, and allow leadership to continue with their incompetent behavior..........You are the type that settles for your little 401K and insurance/benefits package, and tells everyone you are gainfully employed as a pharma rep (mule) to all your friends/family. LOL Now you have your little severance and can dress up your little resume and can find another little job......and continue to be completely clueless. TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone in the field was embarrassed, had their resume on the streets and are completely relieved to be released from the weak, LEMONADE STAND you call a stand up pharma division. Such a literal joke!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Post about leadership......is 100% the truth.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Post #21....Agreed (100%). Post #22.....Delusional (Seriously)

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Such a shame all the way around.....and agree with the posts about leadership

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I disagree with the negative comments being said here. I enjoyed my job working at perrigo.
    Leadership had its faults but who doesn't. I believe they had our best interests at heart and were not a malicious group of people at all.
    It's a shame the way it shook out. It had nothing to do with our divisions leadership as much as it had to do with Perrigo itself listening to starboard. We were dismissed because of the starboard throwing their weight around. Our division was hitting its sales goals and I was as a rep. I felt it was a good culture and division. Shame it happened the way it did
    I think people are being a little too extreme on here about leadership. I loved my manager and my team. But that's cafe pharma. People don't come on here to post positive things. Just the negative. It's what's wrong with people and this country. Focus on positive stuff people.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're nuts. How did leadership lose you your job?
    It was the starboard. Any person with a shred of intelligence knows that the starboard is the reason the company changed direction and dropped our division.
    I think leadership could have been improved in some areas like product distribution and managed care. But I don't blame them for the division going under. Performance was exceeeing goal from what I heard. I enjoyed my team and the manager was good to me. This whole situation sucks for us but whatever dumbasses are saying that leadership sucked and lost us our jobs/division are dellusional. Read the news more and stop being such a negative Nancy. Grow up

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whoever wrote this... U sound like a joke. And u sound like a cunt. I'm getting a real cunty vibe from ya. Stop being such a cunt, u cunt. Learn how to be happy. And that starts when your cunty-ness stops.
    To stop that cuntyness of urs. Please Take one dose of clindesse straight to ur cunt. That should clear it up so u are happier. That new found positivity should help u to find new work. And should also help u to not cunt up ur next company. Hope that helps! Cunt

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NEWS FLASH: Starboard wasn't even in the picture until September/2016. The division was formed in Oct/Nov 2013, which allowed ample time to build a strong foundation, hire competent leadership, evolve the pipeline through other pharma co-partnerships or licensing deals, maintaining a stable financial base. Instead......spend big money on Bacitracin (Been around since 1973) and spend $100M on an outdated, WH product line. Division was financially front end loaded. The board did exactly what they should do, only Starboard pushed them to do it sooner.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The bottom line is that the specialty division really did nothing to add to TJ organizations bottom line and those of you in that Dept knew that you were at risk from the inception of that segment. The existing Rx/OTC division pretty much supported what the specialty group did from a contractural admin standpoint and also already had contracts in place to support the women's health NDCs for most of our customers b4 anyone was hired or transitioned into their roles within that unit. I'd love to know who all of you are that are complaining as we've done well b4 you and will certainly survive without you. I feel bad that we had to downsize, but you all took the risk as this was a new venture for an organization that previously hasn't gone down the specialty road. Best of luck and stay positive as you have gained more from than you realize.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Quite the contrary, we were told the exact opposite, regarding risk....all the way to the end. Either way, we will all "land on our feet" and find much healthier situations. Live.....Learn......Evolve!!!!!!!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hope everyone is doing alright. I had just a couple thing to say. I enjoyed the job, my team and the specialty rx management. I would definitely work for this group of people again. Good folk and good memories. Thanks everybody and good luck out there.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

District Managers were great.....above that, disturbing.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

District Managers were great!!!! Above that, disturbing.

18. Dear Sales Team,

I plead with you to remember that while you are all processing the recent changes that have occurred, we are also human beings who are heavily impacted by this. My heart broke when I read the harsh words that were spoken by post #21 about our colleagues who I respect and admire, and worked alongside every day for the last two years. Forget what you want to say about me - however, I can not allow that individual to cast a shadow over such tremendous people and minimize the hard work they dedicated to building a division that although successful, was not part of the Perrigo long-term strategy.

These people to me:

Terry Fullem was the best manager I have EVER had. He is an extremely brilliant, compassionate individual. He never focused on himself - but on all of us. He is also one of the best public speakers I have ever met. Does anyone remember his NSM podium presentations? He is funny, and witty and an all around great person. And he never even had slides! Which always made me nervous. But he was always amazing. All he ever wanted was to build a successful business, which we achieved this last year, and would have continued to build, had branded pharma been a Perrigo long-term strategy.

Mike Shepherd is one of the most thoughtful people I know. He always does the right thing. His heart is one of the biggest I have EVER met. He would call every single member of the team following calls, to hear our thoughts about how the team is doing, and what we could do to be better and be more supportive. Keep in mind, in addition to his role in sales, he also took on trade and managed markets with Lynn and then Roy. Most organizations have three departments to manage all of the required tasks involved! He was incredibly passionate about pipeline development, and on top of all of the other roles he played, sat on multiple weekly calls to discuss BD and research / pull in suggestions from the FSO, including yours, #21. Many of the ones you suggested for Opthalmology.

Mark Killion is so kind that you may think he is not authentic. That's the only presumption I can make based on comments about him. He teaches yoga for crying out loud. He would do anything for anyone. He is as authentic as they come. He is the most humble individual I know, and HCPs LOVE him! He also took on sales training, as there were no resources to bring in that department. So, in addition to everything else he held responsibility for, he took on training for every single sales rep who joined the organization, including traveling to home office, coordination with all team members,.. and planning the NSMs each year. What head of sales plans the NSM? But that is what you do when you have a team, and an objective. (and limited budget).

Lynn was one of the greatest assets of our team. She was never afraid to dig in and get her hands dirty to figure out solutions to problems. She had years of experience and was always a wealth of knowledge - not to mention knows EVERYONE in the business. At ECRM every year, she was always being accosted by pharmacy leadership, wholesalers and distributors who absolutely loved her. I won't even touch what happened at the NSM, because if you knew (#21) you would be embarrassed at your cruelty. Often, things are not what they seem.

Please be kind. If you need to be mean and resentful, please just say mean things about me, and not my amazing teammates. I plead with you to have some grace.

Sincerely, Rebecca

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a Michigan based employee, I am compelled to respond to the attack by a misinformed former employee. It is important to me as a current employee to correct the record.
    The Rx Specialty leadership team that lost their jobs due to the divestiture of the women's health products is a group of top notch professionals. All of these folks are held in the highest regard at Perrigo. All are hard working, honest, decent people. Any company would be fortunate to land any of these individuals. For those of us in Michigan who interacted with them on a regular basis I can say the leadership team was always supportive of the sales team and did all they could to grow sales and profits.
    I want all to know this. The team was taken down due to issues beyond the performance of the team. I will not go into the corporate issues specifically. Just know that the issues did not include the performance of the team. The team did perform. What was said about the leaders on this nauseous board is inaccurate, ungrateful and literally slanderous. You should be ashamed. Your former leaders always said great things about you. For you to turn your back on them is a reflection of you not them. If there is a failure here it is the company's failure to commit to the needs of an Rx Pharma sales effort. The team needed more employees to fill the different departments; more distribution reps, more reimbursement reps, training staff, etc.
    I will end by saying it is remarkable what these folks accomplished. In many respects, they actually raised the bar at Perrigo in regard to leadership, teamwork, and communicating openly and honestly. Us midwesterners sometimes avoid difficult conversations. This team handled all situations with direct honesty and respect.
    I am sorry you didn't appreciate all the divisional leadership did for you. Maybe, you should look in the mirror and ask yourself if there is anything else you could have done to support them. Sitting where I am gives me a unique perspective. They always went the extra mile to support you. It appears you almost certainly didn't offer the same support in return. Think about it.
    Good luck in your pursuit of your next endeavor. We are moving on here at Perrigo knowing more changes are likely to come. I suggest you do the same.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JM.... Maybe if you focused on YOUR job, instead of whining all of the time, you wouldn't have been in the bottom 5 in the nation. Everyone knows your posts because your mouth ran constantly, and you thought you should have been in charge of managed markets. You should have been a DM. You should have run marketing! Hell, the whole business! YAH! Thank god that wasn't the case, since you don't like to work but just run your mouth and bring negativity everywhere you went. And your 5+ exclamation points at the end of every sentence and capitalized ZEROS... responding to your own posts.. REALLY? Get help. We all feel sorry you have nothing better to do but keep running your mouth... if you hated it so much you should have LEFT. No one else would hire you, huh? Interesting. Too bad the Perrigo folks wasted so much time and money on you, when we could have had someone actually WORKING. I appreciated the leadership we had. Had Perrigo invested more and supported with more resources, YES things would have been better.. but acting like a juvenile and pointing fingers at anyone but yourself is juvenile, Man. Learn to SHUT YOUR MOUTH.