Peter's Town Hall - Nov. 12, 2020

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Aug 22, 2020 at 3:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone else find it interesting that we received a "link" to register for Peter's Nov. 12th Town Hall early this week? Interesting that it was sent out as a link to register and almost three months early. Kinda smells like a layoff when you think we are still enduring this damn pandemic, will have just endured a pathetic national election and it's right before the holidays as usual in pharma. Also about the same time of the year as Lundbeck's last layoff in Nov. 2018. Perfect recipe for a downsizing announcement. Thoughts?

For those of you have not heard, Novartis just had their reorg the first week of August and Novo Nordisk just announced this week they will theirs in October with a 10-30% downsizing. Lundbeck is not far behind!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have no doubt many of you will be losing jobs this year, but usually employees are told
    “Day of.” So I don’t think this invite is it.

I also don’t think they will wait until November to dump you.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It will be just like the town halls in the past, except he can’t brag about a non-existent pipeline. Just remember, we have never had an authentic lay-off at Lundbeck. We all knew that the one in 11/18 was a very targeted lay-off of people they wanted to get rid of. If they hired ZS to cull the herd, I would be surprised. I really think they need all of us to keep the Japs happy.

We have all become lazy to a level I didn’t think was imaginable. 1 hour a day is all I can muster, and barely that. I think we all have our systems in place to fake calls. We can never go back to office based calls because of the virus. This Fall/Winter we will be dealing with Covid and the flu. Also, next year we will be dealing with Trump’s drug plan, or God forbid, Biden’s draconian price controls. Add that to the virus, and this industry will be changing a helluva lot.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Novo did announce a lay-off but never said 10-30%, they did not give a specific number. Don’t add inaccurate information to your already doom and gloom post. Maybe try smiling for once.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s probably the post reorg talk.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s just another BS call to start the fiscal year off and nothing else. The troops are sick of the tired old drugs with nothing new to talk about. The pipeline is non-existent so they think that a rah-rah speech is just the thing the field needs going into the end of the year. They know we quit working several months back and they are trying to figure out how to get us to start working again. Ain’t gonna happen Peter my man! We are Covid reps and now used to 1 hour work days. This is as good as it gets. Northera and psych are done, with Vyepti not to far behind.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually your wrong! I know a Novo diabetes senior rep and he confirmed they have been told the layoff this month will be between 10-30%. There you have it.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well I believe the original poster here was right back in August predicting the reorg would be in November given the fact that it is now less than a month away and the home office lads just announced it this week. I also agree with the OP that Peter’s 11/12/20 Town Hall will be announcing the official date of the reorg given ZS Assoc will have their ducks in a row by then with legal & HR. Usually reorgs take place earlier in the week which means we will most likely get our marching orders to stay home the following M-Tu, or Wed to learn our fate. Most pharma co layoffs always happen in Q4 to keep the investors happy before the start of a new calendar year. Call it whatever you want, reorg or layoff; either way it won’t be good for many of us. I’m interviewing with two other companies right now, both with better salary and bonus packages; hoping I may get lucky to double dip if let go here and land a new job for early 2021.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know, i work one hour a day and i have gotten used to it.
    We need Faucci or Biden to lock down the country for another 3 months so i dont have to work even an hour.
    Cant imagine working even 4hrs or having to wait 2 hours to wait for doctor during lunch.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Better yet, let’s all run away and hide in the hospital like a coward.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP, I believe you nailed it here with your prediction back in August. Peter's Nov.12th Town Hall will most likely be informing us when the reorganization will take place a few days later. Never a good thing especially right before the holidays.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will they laugh again this time on the call?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We're already approaching mid-October and they won't be doing a layoff here before this trimester n fiscal year ends on 10/31. Those predicting all along it would be after Peter's Nov. 12th Town Hall I'm agreeing will happen.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok, what is old PA going to say on his little teleconference? Is he going to announce extra bonus pay for risking our lives and our families to sell our useless products? Are we going to the often mentioned 1 psych rep with all drugs per territory, and 1 Neuro rep with both drugs per territory? Or is he going to announce a virtual only sales team made up of liars? Or perhaps we will all get a 20% salary increase since we are doing great sales wise ?

What’s its gonna be ?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Or will the news come in the BU calls the following week or the December business update call

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nothing more than the usual “we need to start the year off strong” type of speech. No layoffs and no reorg. Business as usual. 1 to 2 hours work at home or a few office calls, then the rest of the day doing what you want. Relax everyone.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lundbeck does its layoffs on Thursdays. Always has. Whenever I see HR pacing the halls on Thursday a chill runs down my spine.

So the timing of the PA “townhall” should concern you people.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

get a grip. Last lay off was on a Monday

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lundbeck's fiscal year just ended, the radical election has just occurred as predicted, and we're down to less than 60 days before the close of this year. Decisions have been made to show the stakeholders we're remaining profitable and cutting the salesforce is one key way.

Many pharma companies downsize following national elections and in Q4. Look back to the bloodbaths of both Nov / Dec 2008 and 2016, both after Obama - Biden elections and the tens of thousands of reps that were cut. Peter's call has been predicted as well given the fact the invite was sent out to all of us back in late August. Why do you think we have been doing those monthly surveys and now the company has gone a step further buying national lists comparing our access to targeted HCPs compared to the competition? If your ASM hasn't shared that with your team(s) yet, the announcement will come soon.

Peter's call I predict will inform us that the reorg consultants, (ZS Associates of Greater Chicago) have completed their recommendations and stay tuned as your divisions will be delivering the announcement soon. Since layoffs never occur on Fridays, let's assume the grand ol' time is early the following week, or immediately following the Thanksgiving Holiday-wknd. Rumors keep flowing rapidly that the Northera Syneos CSOs will be heavily hit, but let's not be so naive to think psych isn't feel the burn too. Those monthly surveys, access trackers, virtual trackers, lunch n learn trackers, etc., have all been funneled toward determining those lower access territories for a reason. And the fact that our Takeda and Otsuka step-siblings have had little to no F2F field activity since 3-12-20 is another screaming alert this shit show for all three companies will have a day of reckoning between now and the end of Q1 2021. Anyone thinking differently is just fooling themselves!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In re the aforementioned post, this is why if you haven’t been covering yourself with regards to the virtual crap and office based calls by lying like hell, you may be targeted IF there even is a layoff, which is doubtful. Someone posted the Democratic Party Platform on lowering drug costs on another thread on Lundbeck’s CP site. We are facing a horrible headwind next year with Biden and AOC’s group aiming to reign in drug pricing. It will happen. Pharma companies will have to reinvent themselves to survive and make a profit. This will be a rough time.