Pfizer AH for sale?

Discussion in 'Pfizer Animal Health' started by Anonymous, Mar 22, 2011 at 9:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No private firm will buy them as the management is so bad they will need to start over. Money people want to buy companies that run well and will make them money, not giving away free product all the time.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard from OP today that we have been officially put on the market. He said Virbac, Lilly, and Covidien are all possible purchasers. Lilly and Covidien have the money from their human buisness and Virbace has it from the worldwide cash flow and inverstors.

Ughh!!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not sure there is much to worry about. Good margins, low overhead and consistent sales. We're also the largest animal health company in the world in a growing market. I expect things won't change much even if there is a sale.

AH is not Human Health where they have several thousand reps doing a job that has been whittled down to nothing. We have a few hundred reps with good access selling directly to the customer.

Sorry about the positive post...

P.S. I didn't know what Covidien was, It's Tyco.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

far from the largest ah company.... high margins on ridiculous annual or biannual price increases on products that have available generics... poorly run business for the past five plus years... this pos is on the down slope...but if you like, keep drinking the kool aid

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What value does this company have? Everything is available generic. There is no product pipeline. The management is made of idiots like otard. Pfizer is getting rid of AH because there is a not so good future. Unless you have innovative products, you are on a bad timeline to extinction. How have the last 5 product launches gone for PAH? PAH will be sold to an investment group who will sell off any valuable pieces.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll be happy when all the management in this company end up on the streets begging for a handout. "We're Pfizer...doctors value our science and don't mind paying more...we won't play the pricing game, we're better than that... what a bunch of crap!! I've already stopped working... And what is up with Tom Forte... why is he here?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When a company spins off part of its company they spin of that part of the companies share value. So Pfizer Animal Health would trade as a separate or new public company. They'd have their own board and would be completely independent of Pfizer. When they sell off they sell that part of the company to someone else. Big difference. Hope you get it now oh ignorant one

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is exactly right. Ian wants to sell now because he can get a really good price. We made our numbers because of price increases period. Managament has sooooo screwed up this company since 2006! JR has managed us right into being sold.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

has no one noticed that novartis is twice as big total compared to Lilly? All the money will come from the whole company, it doesn't matter if the animal health side is smaller.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer is the biggest, What are you talking about? Who is bigger?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What part of having no exclusive products and messing up every product launch do you not understand? On top of that, serious brain drain and management that could not get a job anywhere.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you all crazy? Pfizer is the best company to work for! Who would you rather work for? Novartis, Lilly, Merial, or BI? They all have their issues. Personally, I think we have it the best. I know our benefits are the best and our pay ranks right up there. Just be thankful you work for the largest and most innovative AH company!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow...I don't even know what to say...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has to be Juan Ramon talking! I know you will be taken care of after you sell us.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is not JR. I promise! I just know from years in the industry and working for different companies that the grass is not always greener. I came to Pfizer 7 years ago and yes, it sucks at times, but so do the other companies. Just ask them. Merial is dealing with generic Fipronil, Bayer is dealing with selling to pet stores, BI is dealing with Fort Dodge people, etc... Schering and Lilly may not have as many problems but they all have a number to hit. I know for a fact, our benefits and our total comp is as good as anyones.
    Maybe because I am old and have worked for a few companies I feel this way. I just know everyone has their problems.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah I agree that everyone has problems but you really think we are going to hold on to these benefits much longer. Also the comps will go down because they have to. How much longer do you think we can continue to make our numbers without new products. We are losing so much market share with what we have. Just look at the disaster of distribution. They are making the number at HQ by price increases and cutting cost like benefits and comps.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear what you are saying but I don't believe they will cut our comp plan. Our bases will stay and our plan will stay. It might be more challenging to hit, but I think every company is facing this. What was the last new product Novartis or Merial launched? We have launched a few since they have. I know Schering's pipeline appears decent but they have their challenges, too. Where would you rather be in animal health? I can see Elanco, or maybe Schering but where else??

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure what is going to happen. You are right, there is a lot of change going on with all companies. Elanco would be my first choice, then BI or Pfizer. Merial is going south, as is Novartis.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? Elanco? They have one product. Why do you think novartis is going down?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis has nothing in pipe - and - Pfizer will be sold by July 1st 2011.