Pfizer avg Salary 91k ranks 48th %tile

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Apr 22, 2020 at 5:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I make 123K base in vaccines, with bonus total comp at 150. been in industry for 18 years, not all at Pfizer. For a low stress job and short hours, no complaints.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am in Rare Disease for 15yrs and my base is 115k with bonus avg the past few years of 40k so total comp 145k. Not the 250-300k Biotech offers but I have solo terr with no stress and just 75 docs to call on at my own pace.
    So while as a 15yr Pfizer rep with base of 115k , it is 25k more than Pfizer average salary so I am comfortable with that.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree 100! 91k salary for what we do at Pfizer is a great easy living period.
    Those reps, like unrealistic Xeljanz reps I know, complaining about making 100-110k salary need to wise up & be pimped slapped in the face like the spoiled selfish brats they are!
    -Making 100k is 10k more than Pfizer avg salaty
    -You have dam 2-3 reps in a fricking territory doing same thing other divisions do with 1 rep , same # of customers for 100-110k yr!
    You all are a total joke over there in I&I, most of the reps I know who went over there 2 yrs ago on expansion where PC reps avg at best that never won crap or if they did they were manipulative pain in the but whom DMs wanted out anyway.
    If you want more than 100-110k then put in your years of service as 10-12yr rep does not deserve the pay of a 20-25yr rep who has forgotten more than you will ever know.
    Or just go to Biotech but your not elite enough to be hired

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Could they pay us more? Absolutely. Every company can. Are they paying us peanuts? Absolutely not.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True, but they would have to increase the budget and reduce headcount to pay ALL reps 10-15k more a year.
    But they CAN NOT give every rep a 250k total package like Biotech who has a fraction of the employees. Pfizer has way too many reps to do that & that would send the stock down to 20s!
    Only reps with Pfizer who deserve more than 100-120k a yr in salary is Oncology that plus bonus .

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And vaccines bc they are about to save us from Covid 19 with 300 people in division. If it happens that division will reward those reps handsomely.....

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A vaccine will not will not be a financial windfall because Pfizer like other companies will have to give away the drug world wide first 1-2yrs.
    Then they have to give royalties off the top gross to the German biotech co that actually owns the compound they are testing.
    Go back to Pharma Econ 101 classes buddy

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Likely true, pricing it at more than about 5% above cost would cause a public outcry of profiteering.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Excellent salary for professional caterer and Starbucks delivery person. Basically a GrubHub & UberEats rep but $91k is lot more.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

91k a year is pretty dam good money in most of the US! Throw in 35k bonus and 125k yr comp is awesome. Like top 10% nation in income! Being 48% in 2020 reports means Pfizer pays more than Half the Pharma Companies.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Liked

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

most people that make more, spend more. they lack wisdom.

live in modest housing, take 1-2 vacations a year, and retire early. that is the model that smart people take.

instead, most of you live in the best areas, and pay the highest property taxes, and you probably take 3-4 vacations a year, and you are under constant stress.

you have to remember that your value as a sales rep in the corporate world is not valuable at all because they don't care about you.

you are just a number, a sucker to them.

if you are a man, don't get married and don't have children, and you should be about to retire around 45.

get married, and you will always be broke and a slave.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But rich with things money cannot buy. You will never know the joy and happiness marriage and children bring. I feel sad for you! I know lots of unhappy rich people but i know more hapoy poor people! Money makes life easier but you foresake time in earning it. You can never earm more time...

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow! Someone woke up on the wrong side this morning. Hope the bitterness will pass and you'll realize how blessed we all are in the grand scheme.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nothing wrong having an average life, working w a company complacently for 30yrs & retire at 65 satisfied & comfortable.
    99% are like that. There is a reason why not many multi-millionaires .

1% have higher ambition & goals in life for themselves & families to maximize net worth to be able to give alot more back to society.
    Nothing wrong with that.
    Everybody has different Goals, Ambition & Drive in life. Each their own.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fucking great you again... Sip on this shit self proclaimed anonymous unproven billionaire, you come to many of these pharma boards to feel important and yet it changes nothing, I still have my amazing life and family with what I consider an excellent lifestyle. The best thing about my life is it is mine to determine what is important and I encourage you to live yours independently of continuously comparing to others, that’s a fundamental principle to jealousy and unhappiness.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WTH is your disgruntled self talking about???
    Who said anything about being a Billionaire bro. You have some serious inadequate issues to work out. Suggest a professional therapist.
    Glad you are happy. Just saying NOBODY should be knocked for being satisfied to being comfortable AND likewise NOBODY should be knocked for wanting greater things in life.
    HINT: Success is defined differently for different people.
    Bottom line as long as a person is happy that is all that matters. Whatever makes a person happy bro. Just chill as life is to short to live with regrets.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed on the different definitions for everyone. The thing I find most interesting is how many people are actually aggressively Saving for retirement regardless of income. Many make a substantial amount yet can’t afford to live their current lifestyle if they lost their job or a household income as has been the situation of this pandemic. Financial planning leads to great wealth even with moderate income

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most reps only doing 401k that is it then over living on a very good 100k salary.
    Select few are maxing 401k, doing after Tax and 5k IRA year for both self & spouse. Then putting money onto personal stock market.
    Difference is astounding.
    Two 15yr employees same income and 1 is literally 1m-2mil richer in 15yrs just saving.
    .... mind boggling how many do not save PLUS have 50k credit card, car loan debt living a so call nice life on the outside but with little savings & debt.
    Typical case of being financial smart with business IQ over those who are not.
    Think those who get emotional, defensive & jealous fall into this bucket.
    They need Dave Ramsey 101 & Dr Phil!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude go workout to relieve that stress. Life is too short to be envious of others success. Just be happy for successful people as much as satisfied avg people. Your tone is too defensive so get a grip. I did not take that post the way you did.