Pharmaceutical Sales is really for dummies.

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by Anonymous, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:26 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just wanted to say that you have far too many spelling/grammar errors to justify anything that you are saying. You are only confirming the fact that you don't have an education and didn't have many job options in the first place. I typically don't respond to these threads honestly this is probably my first one but, I feel that you need to understand how bad your writing skills are. I would have listened to your response but, can't get past the level of grammar. I just can't take you seriously. Good luck on your ending job. If I was you I would have my kids check my work and do my best to keep the job that I have.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

55 years old...life long pharma sales guy...(RAM, NAE, etc) Got pushed out at 50...

Have bounced around a couple of bottom-feeder sales jobs since then, and am selling everything
    that is not nailed down...I was living in a bubble thinking everyone out there made 100K for working part time in America...

Anyway, what a huge mistake going down the pharma rode turned out to be...wasted life...And the money is not that great when you factor in you will be essentially unemployable after 50.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My condolences. I'm also 55 but I have been in device sales my entire sales career. While big corporate can filter out older sales people in any field I find devices an easier path to a lasting career. Successful device sales people are a rarer breed that rely less on a strict marketing regimen by big Pharma to guide the sales process and more on developing a need and relationships. In the event of a filtering purge the ability to find alternative device opportunities are plentiful and they are typically in need of experienced sales people vs. the youth oriented churn and burn of big pharmaceuticals. My advice to all. Heed this persons warning.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why did she have to spend $12K to become a stripper? Oh, health insurance and a CCW license. I get it.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

appreciate the advice. its good stuff.
    but, in this world, if you know the right people, you will be fine. network, get into management even if you don't like management. and, as you get older, you will be more than fine.
    it also helps if you are in a good city where there are people, not a small town where you will definitely be limited.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sound like a sick little kiss ass groupie. You should man up. Pesky, week sales reps are a pain. I bet you'd take it up the ass for a signature. Get a real job.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This once proud profession went to the circus many years ago when companies ceased hiring professional reps( health/medical field trained) and replaced them with unqualified clowns. Sales manager clowns began requiring reps to sell pills by any method they could dream up and docs began turning reps away from their offices. Novartis is a good example of scam selling below by scam reps (unqualified relatives of docs) and will now suffer the consequences in court, I hope.
    https://www.fiercepharma.com/legal/kickbacks-evidence-against-novartis-wide-ranging-and-comprehensive-feds-say?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWkRVME16SmlaakJtWWpNMiIsInQiOiJ5RUxYa0JcL01NRklYeGRBZGtYNFJSRDB0VUx6MUVHbWJcL0ZMYzA5d0kxbkd2Qks0NUdhZzJSS3pGWTRRWHZiZTArbGVtbDhEZFQwVnBweGMzVmJ2SElUWGhESG04SjhRXC9JVFhMMzlDM0hxRUR6N3pIUEdrdHAyMUdWVGNER0h6ZSJ9&mrkid=4580412

11. Priya Teke

Priya Teke new user

The job has NO value besides a paycheck. Move on. Some of us are trying to do other things that bring value, some of us just don't care, some are waiting and hopeful to retire. A smart person would work on another "job" or further their education and always have something to fall back to when the Sht hits the fan in a few more years.

you can check here high paying pharma jobs in 2019 and lot of articles related to pharmaceutical field.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am mid-20s fresh outta college with a science background in pharma, the job is amazing!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This may be a joke...if not...give it time. :)

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

do you want to see my bachelor of science degree?