Pharmacy Technician looking to break into Pharmaceutical sales

Discussion in 'Pharma Sales Ops - General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello all!
    I am a recent college graduate looking for some guidance as to how I should approach the world of Pharmaceutical sales. Along with being a recent college graduate, I am also a pharmacy technician with 5 years of experience and extensive knowledge of pharmacy processes. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should start?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Start with each pharma company WEB site. Do a career search where U should find a national listing of openings in sales. Please be advised that the role of the Pharmaceutical Sales Representative is quickly becoming obsolete. IMHO within five years the only company contact with HCP's will be through Medical Science Liaisons.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I broke into pharma after graduating from college being a pharmacy tech - it was in 2005 with an expansion of a big pharma company. If I were you, I would run the other direction. This industry is not what it used to be and if Obama socializes medicine , this industry will be extinct.

I recently left and wish I had earlier.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lmao it's 2020 and Pharma Sales Rep is still alive and thriving and the people who made those "sales is dead" comments looks like clowns now. Funny.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There's a clown in this thread, and it's certainly not the earlier posters. Way to respond to an, almost, seven-year-old thread, dumbass.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But here we are in 2020 and growth is still happening in this field. 7 percent projection currently. So you are mad he necroposted but can't dispute the content of his post ...clown.

7. Woody

Woody new user

If pharma reps come in where you work, you have a connection, but don't ask them the first time you see them. Also join the American Heart Assoc. in your area or a medical assoc. you like. Many docs/reps may be on the board. I was President of the AHA in my area when, I worked for Parke Davis and launched Lipitor.
    Also the pharmacist can give you some good leads. Make sure you have some letters of recommendation and such. Good luck....

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Find small startups and work your way in.