PharmD in Sales (No residency/fellowship)

Discussion in 'Pharma/Biotech Comp - Gen Discussion |Pharma Sales' started by Thepilldoc, May 29, 2019 at 10:00 PM.

1. Thepilldoc

Thepilldoc new user

Hello, i am a 4th year pharmacy student interested in sales in industry! I have been doing some sales/script count projects in a district with the pharmacy company i work for and will have a track of maybe 6 months. I will graduate with a PharmD. I have given multiple presentations on complex disease states to physicians/pharmacists/NPs/PAs and feel i can use my degree to my advantage in interviews. I have also had to persuade patients to pickup medications/immunizations to help improve compliance/healthcare outcomes/metrics/sales. As an intern, i have often influenced physician prescribing patterns through going on rounds with other HCPs (based on patient allergies, labs, vitals, etc) and have built relationships with many over the years. What worries me is the short length of “sales” experience & the fact that it is not B2B. I really want a specialty sales position so that i can truly use my knowledge in complex disease states. Do you think i can still land a specialty rep position? If not, what can i improve on? What companies are more likely to hire a PharmD with minimal sales experience at a decent salary?

I will also add that i am not interested in residency/fellowships for more clinical roles.