PharmD's are not doctors!

Discussion in 'MSL Board' started by Anonymous, Sep 11, 2007 at 2:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dear Pharmacist,

Can you give me the key to the bathroom and ring up this bottle of water while you are at it. Also can you recommend a good athlete's foot powder? It's for a friend.

Thank You!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well as a drug rep you should know where the water bottles are as you are just a glorified waitress. As for the foot powder it is in aisle 2 next to the knee pads. You know the knees pad that you need when you go down on your customer or boss to keep your useless job.
    At least your shoes look cute.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And yet we make more money than you…

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Riiiight. And we MSLs are not memorizing lunch orders or whining about sample reconciliations….

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right….and we MSLs are not memorizing lunch orders or worrying about samples reconciliations.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nah you just keep calling your local rep to get access to the KOL said rep has known for years, the same KOL who won't see you since MSL turnover is extremely high so why make the investment? For the hopes you can talk about a clinical trial they most likely won't get, that is run by a CRO anyway so you really are just a messenger...oh let's not forget about your post conference/congress 'surveys' and any 'off label' MIRF questions...ya know all five of those a year take up a ton of time!

Sample reconciliation? What are you an MSL at a big pharma primary care company in the 90's? Most specialties do not take samples and if they do the are not rep delivered, and lunches are not all that often and when they take place there is no need to memorize anything, they are easily made on-line to a delivery service company. I never have to touch the food it's all set up when I arrive...so yeah, to make more money than an MSL for that extra 5 mins of effort is well worth it.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is PharmD degree an absolute requirement for MSL?
    Are there MD/DO or MD/PhD who didn't completed their US based schoolings and work as MSL or in Medical affairs?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I work in oncology and we use the term...'terminal degree' when posting for MSL jobs, so we have PharmD's, PhD's, MD/DO's(rare, but yes often time exUS trained physicians). In a few rarer instances we have NP's and PA's and every once in a while a nursing PhD with decades of clinical experience in major academic cancer centers.

Not sure how other therapeutic area work.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In immunology here, and work about the same—but we have fewer NPs working on our team. Don’t think it means anything, because we haven’t had much turn-over and team was kept deliberately small so few openings. Things are getting weirder by the day in this business, and we’re working now with more commercial people (TLLs/FBMs/CNEs) than ever. Alphabet soup!