Philadelphia and NJ

Discussion in 'Astellas' started by anonymous, Apr 1, 2019 at 10:02 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is going on up in Philadelphia and NJ? Why are so many reps leaving?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One word: Ian.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

saw some postings online for the open positions....should I stay away?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would proceed with caution. Great gig just know in those areas you're going to be micromanaged and tracked.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tracked as in calls per day sort of thing or GPS on your collar?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure about GPS but they definitely monitor calls per day and timing. Any company does but these managers/AD will go to extremes. I have heard of them looking at gas receipts, tolls, etc. and matching them up to your calls. Only in this geography. They are also consistently ranked bottom of nation. Wonder if there is a coloration between your team being miserable and micromanaged and performing poorly. I have gotten used to it at this point but just be wary. The reality is if you look close enough at any rep you can find something to trip them up. If reps perform their job and have good numbers you would think you'd be safe...but that is not the case. Just something to keep in mind.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"plan is to use CE MLI to prove that contract SF and e-detail can be cost effective solution"

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is this from?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Plan to get rid of most of you.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I used to work in the Trenton territory for this company years ago. Fuck management, and fuck this industry. Pharma is bad, with bad drugs and bad side effects. Suck my cock pharma

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No doubt! Get ready for Ian to tell you he spent quality time with his family during the shutdown by reading six books and that he gave back to the community by reading during mass. Lol! What a goofy girl Mr. Goody Two Shoes! Ian, if you have to tell everybody about your community service you did it just for yourself. Warped perception

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Micromanagement like you wouldn’t believe. It’s a very difficult area to work in. The managers seem hellbent on getting rid of anyone who tries to disagree, or who questions policies. I agree with the previous responder who mentioned mangers cross-checking receipts to calls. Astellas goes out of their way to let you know from the beginning that they have realistic expectations regarding metrics, but it’s not the case. Also, unlike other companies, HR is utilized in every situation, be it little or big. It’s a scary environment.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Micromanagement is used to hide incompetency.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From what I hear, if you say one thing contrary to the managers opinion, no matter what it is or how wrong he may be, you get SLAMMED. Needs to get over himself, learn how to manage people, and quit it with the sexist comments already. I feel bad for that team.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is true in other areas as well, except
    I haven’t experienced the sexist part,
    but incompetent managers feeling intimidated by people under them with more experience is a common thing that happens here, so their only coping mechanism is to slam employees like a bully.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know exactly who you guys are talking about. That manager has nine lives. Each time he blunders Astellas seems to just keep looking the other way. They really shouldn't though as once again they're going to lose good people who just can't stand to take it anymore. He is the definition of an emotional abuser, carrying out verbal aggression, dominant behavior, tearing down people's self esteem, shredding their self worth, making them feel like everything is their fault, public humiliation, playing the reps against each other, denying things he said previously when he's caught up in his own mistakes, etc... He can't see any of this though, classic narcissist. Most likely thinks his team adores him.

But at the same time he's the constant critic, the guy who will get you behind closed doors for plausible deniability so that it will always be a "he said/she said" situation. He crawls into their minds and corrupts their psyche so they feel incompetent. His victims will rarely be believed since he's the manager. Then, in turn the misuse of the performance appraisal system will come into play. Always does. I guarantee you will start seeing his team have compliance issues and other nonsense put on their coaching reports. I would put money on that.

Astellas constantly preaches the word "culture, culture, culture...," but sadly for reps with managers like this, the only culture they know is fear and the sense of betrayal when they speak up, but are ignored by HR. Shame on you Astellas.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WOW...one of the most accurate post ever on cafe pharma. Crazy thing is you are totally right on the 9 lives thing. Seems he was under HR investigation yet again, but this whole corona virus totally took the heat off him. RQ lives to see another day apparently!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know him all that well...but I have found in the past that when companies keep kicking the can down the road through multiple PIP processes instead of doing the right thing to begin with, eventually that all gets forgotten about and the old habits return, and the horror show reboots until something goes down and their hand is forced via lawsuit. Seen it happen. It's ugly.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That hot sweaty mess learned from one of the best, IN, on how to be a complete and total scumbag manager. I think IN lives in one of his many fat folds!!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this the same manager that got mad at a rep and punched her car on a field ride and she wouldn't let him back in the car or something like that?