Phoenix/San Diego opening

Discussion in 'Starkey Hearing Technologies' started by anonymous, Feb 27, 2016 at 3:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone know much about this opening or the company? I found a few articles online indicating they fired the President and a few execs last year? Are the products good/competitive? What salary could I expect? Thanks!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well yes, they went through some tough times bc it turned out that the Pres was laundering money, rumor is to start his own business. They fired a few people and were able to catch the problem before it got really bad, although they lost a few million dollars. Despite this, the company is growing due to the quality products and excellent customer service they provide. I really enjoy working for Starkey. As far as compensation, a new outside sales rep starts at $60-70k base, with commission around $80k. The average rep makes $140k. They also give you a car allowance ($600/mo) and reimburse your gas receipts. The health insurance is good as well. Some territories are smaller and he rep and go home every night, whereas other territories require overnight travel. So I would ask about that in your interview. Also, they do not pay commission for the first 6 months, and pay only half commission for the second six months, but I think this is negotiable. Five years ago you could get full commission after 3 months, which is also what other companies seem to offer. Good luck with the interviews! Starkey is known for hiring AuDs primarily, but have been know to hire regular sales people as well.