PHR question around PTO/vacation days & sustainability

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, May 15, 2018 at 9:35 AM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am moving through the interview process for PHR 1 and am excited. The only thing I have reservations around are vacation days and the likelihood of layoffs. I come from a company with a generous 23days off per year with option to buy another week and 8 company holidays. I see at Pfizer it is 15 days? Are you all bound by that strictly? Can you purchase more? Is there another bank for personal days? And lastly- being in the field. Are there days you can use to be home totally and other days to be in the field totally?

I also keep reading in the threads about how primary care clusters are not suststainable? I am a hard worker and am not worried about that not being noticed, but just want to know given that how to navigate avoiding the axe.

Any input is appreciated.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You also get 5 sick days in addition to those 15 vacation so that’s 20 days of pto

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Feel free to ask the DM interviewing you. They really value work/life balance here. Welcome aboard!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You won’t like it here. The threads are truthful. Why are you leaving your current employer?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No unlimited sick time? You get 20 days of pto and that is it? Thats awful. Any insight on salary range for reps on primary care?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't leave another job to come here. Primary care is about to collapse. The odds are also high that your DM will be an asshole. So if you're leaving your other company because of your DM you may want to think twice.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You also get 5 caregiver days as well.

You are able to carry over 5 days over to he next year as well.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don’t really have a job, do you ?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am actually with Avella inside sales (Specialty Pharmacy) down south and am wondering if a move to Pfizer would be a positive move. I know going to the field would certainly build the resume and future, but I have great management, pay, and work/life balance here which I wouldn't want to give up if Pfizer is that bad. Just looking for honest experiences and not from people who overexaggerate everything :) . I have plenty of people here which do that and act like we're working for the devil and I usually don't come close to agreement on that.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15 Vacation Days, 5 personal days, 5 caregiver days and unlimited sick. Vacation time is not negotiable. I just started and tried to negotiate.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm being 100% serious when I say this...'You seem a bit deluded, so you'll fit in quite well here. Welcome aboard!'

No job is as great as you say yours is. However, if you truly believe it is, then I swear you'll love it here.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm being 100% serious when I say this.....I'm a unemployed ho mo Janitor

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well I guess I came to the wrong place to ask questions.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As someone who was unfortunately assimilated to the company due to them taking over my former company I can tell you with total sincerity that this is not a good place to work. The culture is terrible, the management team is bad. Many of your teammates will be tools. You will truly be miserable if you work here. There are plenty of companies to build your resume. Go biotech if possible. Leave Pharma altogether if that's an option. Do anything but come here. READ the threads on this site. Do you really think coming here would be a good move????

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're a 100% serious PATHETIC LOSER.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a Wyeth legacy, ditto! However, if you are a female, they rule the roost now. Might not be so bad for you. Unless you have a conscience and won't work for a bigoted company.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

‘Go biotech if possible’. Most real biotech companies want no part of the big pharma drone mentality. Be prepared to talk about how a call cycle is total bullshit, entering calls is a necessary evil that only benefits marketing and you better not have a counterpart.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some reps do get into biotech so it has been done. The key is to leave Pharma early and not wait too long so that you're viewed as too far gone. The problem is that you can get very comfortable here with the short days and easy to fudge metric bs. Summers coming.....How many reps going to be hitting the beach most days?? Yea- I know, tough to leave a job like that.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Speaking as someone who was in biotech for 18 years, things have changed on that front, too. Not many 'pure' biotech companies left as they're either being bought out by big pharma or have hired bp people who didn't understand or appreciate the culture and bring in their bp bag of tricks. Most start-ups are fine until they're gobbled up by a bp company which is the ultimate goal of many. There are still some possibilities but do your homework. Just because it says biotech on the door does not make the culture so.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true