PHYSICIAN NEEDS!

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Sep 2, 2019 at 8:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Training here. It’s become painfully obvious that our reps are horrible at discovering the needs that physicians want US TO DISCOVER so they can practice better medicine! They are practically begging you to probe and probe deep to find out what they really want from us, and how our products can satisfy their needs and the patient’s needs as well.

DOCTORS LOVE SCRIPTED DETAILS BECAUSE IT GETS TO THE ROOT OF THEIR MEDICAL NEEDS SO MUCH QUICKER! That’s why we role play so much....YOU NEED IT, AND DEEP DOWN YOU CRAVE IT!! Don’t let them get away with the all too common, “Let me sign”, and then leave you standing in the hallway like an idiot! If they walk off, gently grab their arm and say, “ Doctor, you NEED to hear this for you and your patients! You will be a better physician if you give me 5 minutes to say this scripted detail every week!” Try it my fellow AstraZenenicans, it will work!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm hoping great satire....

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I you believe that crap you seriously need to get off the crack pipe!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To the two posters after the OP.....Of course it is satirical. But, I would be willing to bet certain people of the brand team(s) truly believe that. Let's all get through these verbalizations and then tweak the data to your style.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP here. Yes, it was satire. The disconnect between our reality and theirs, is wider than the ocean. They are delusional, but they have to come up with BS in order to show they are important to sales, which they are not. They are almost as useless as managers.

AZ, like other pharma companies, lost their way years ago. When Sir Tom McKillop left as CEO, AZ changed. Saying no to Pfizer was a mistake. But, along with the ALLDAY LIE, we can make it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great satire.....but the fact remains. Most physicians think we are total waste products!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's the difference between a lawyer and a drug rep?

Answer: At least the lawyer knows he is lying.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha Good one!

He's another example. So you are sitting around a District Meeting and 1 or 2 Reps might have a science degree. Maybe they were a Chemistry or Biology major. These poeple that start commenting on the PI as if they are MDs and are in the know. Then they try to give some lame a$$ advise like they talk to an MD as if they were an MD. You know, MD to MD. Another big farce out there, these people are the 1st to run the other direction when an MD asks an important question but yet in a meeting they want everyone to know about their so called Major in college.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WTF are you talking about. If you can't hold your own with a Primary Care MD on pretty much any subject...You are lacking in intellect in more ways than one.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This was posted on another thread....but I think it's pertinent to this satirical discussion. Just another AZ joke!

Once upon a time, many years ago, one of the AZ marketing cretins came up with the hair-brained idea that AZ reps should strive to become part of the medical team. Their idea of being part of the "team" was that the AZ reps would collaborate with the physician in determining what medication the patient should be prescribed. (Never mind that most physicians think pharma reps are basic morons let alone let them into the inner circle to assist them in determining prescribing patterns.) In order to harden the "image", AZ went out and purchased scrubs for the reps, primarily for the Brilinta reps who were selling a platelet inhibitor where the first notion of prescribing an anti-platelet agent occurred with the interventional cardiologist who placed the stent(s) in the cath lab. The AZ morons figured if the stent reps could put on scrubs and get into the lab and push their stents then why wouldn't the same hold true for the reps that were selling Brilinta? Any AZ rep that is still wearing their stupid looking scrubs has basically lost all self respect. You will never be considered part of the "team". The only image you have is of someone who brings in lunch and feeds the masses. You are a caterer, nothing more, nothing less.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It really went south when you had all levels trying to impress each other as to who was more aggressive on the call with the MD. Let’s bully them into saying we are right about our drug. Hartman was the worst! Take me to your toughest guy - I will rope them in. Every time it was sh_t show and lost sales sooooo play game and give MD heads up and ensure a perk later.

12. Woody

Woody new user

What doctors/nurses want is a rep, that knows the PI front and back along with their competitors, and keep good knowledge of the disease state. Most reps don't care,they are just checking the box.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unbelievable commentary Obi Wan. Standing ovation!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hartman is the biggest "kick ass" moron on the leadership team. He would have more relevance to say "kiss ass" at the end of every call. That is all he can do to keep his job. Jack ass!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get over yourself! You think people with MBAs don't want everyone to know they have one? At least science degrees apply to the science behind the medications, not just pushing drugs. I can only guess what your major was.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a joke. You give messages. You don't need a college degree to do this job. Ideally, you need an IQ of about 50 because it is so mind numbing. You cater lunches and make samples available. The doctor doesn't care about your science degree from some shit state university. How many times you hear "Where do I sign?" Get over yourself. This job is a joke but hell it pays well and has lots of freedom.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As an EDSM w/ many years in the industry, this is spot on and very sad. We all whistle past the graveyard as we all know the clock is ticking. I would say that 80%+ of calls are complete BS but we all continue to play the game.
    We have marketing people that (no joke) have never, yes never carried a bag. Have you seen how young these marketing people are? I can't help but think someone from supply in the military is now in charge of a combat outfit. We laugh at you but tell you how inspiring you are. And yes, this includes EBD's.
    Smile and wave, smile and wave.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This post and the one above are exactly right. I'm a very senior rep who was around when this was a respected job and the majority of doctors welcomed you into their offices. At that time there were very few lunches and you had discussions with doctors. The best reps knew their products, the competitive products and the disease state and could talk intelligently with the doctor. Reps were also experts in the local managed care environment and really provided excellent info on this topic. All changed when marketing ruled the roost. Trust in reps was lost and "messaging" became the norm. We all hate canned commercials and doctors are no exception. These facts coupled with outrageous price increase and off label selling killed our reputation. Now physicians just don't see us and the ones that do consider us non professionals or caterers. When pharma decides to make reps professionals and make pharmaceutical sales ethical again...hopefully we can reverse this. However I am pessimistic about this. I believe this job as we know it will die. Perhaps there will be reps who provide literature and drop samples off without any presentation. This job will pay maybe 30 grand a year and not require a college education. From one who has been there and have lived though the changes it's sad.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Man, you are spot on...could not have said it better. I used to compete with AZ, retired now...sooo glad I got out of this shit!!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This post is spot on! I struggle with how this job has changed so drastically:( I used to bring some value and that has disappeared!