Picato crushing it!!

Discussion in 'Leo Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Aug 24, 2012 at 9:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

talked to a medicis rep and he said they are in complete panic because Picato is doing well and there management expects it to be the market leader by christmas - can you say major cash!!!!!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I does not matter that we are crushing Zyclara. We were doing that months ago. What matters is that the sales numbers need to literally triple before the end of the year in order for us to hit our numbers. Don't you remember the Diamond one telling us that Picato will not be a success if we only take over the topical market? I want Picato to succeed and I want to make a ton of money. I'm just waiting for the sales objectives to rise to the point of absurdity. My scripts are strong but they are not growing at a pace that will keep up. Looking at the national volume, I am not nearly alone. We may be crushing it. Question is will that be enough?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crushing it?? Yea, I don't think so.. We had a chance to hit a grand slam with this product.
    And we struck out!! My numbers are ok, at best. But we will never hit the goals mgmt wants.
    Mgmt screwed this launch up big!! I'm just happy I'm making good money for now. I feel sorry
    For the reps who are not making much. You can def blame mgmt on the launch. And mgmt if you are reading this, don't even try and blame any reps on the launch. You know you f it up big time. You are def to blame on this!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biggest mistake they made was assigning the exact same sales goal for a rep in Oregon or Colorado and a rep in Miami or Tuscon. Market potential for AK varies in the north and the sunshine belt. The goal setting and territory alignments are not fair or well thought out. Easy mistake to fix and yet they went ahead and assigned universal goals for this quarter too. Just not smart.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

STop your whining. Every territory is exactly alike, and there are no market differences! Managed care is the same, AK visits are the same, physician adoption curves are the same. Hence, the same goals in every territory. Just ask DD; he knows all!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If we are going to do what DD wants us to do, we are going to have to sell this for more than AK. Is that what he is asking us to do?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am keeping track of every communication from him, written and verbal, and will turn him in to the FDA the minute he slips up. Of course the goals are written with off label promo in mind! If he advises us to sell alongside cryo, that's off label. Unfortunately, while mgmt secretly will push us to sell off label, odds are good that they will never state it out loud or in print. Too smart for that. The answer lies in the goals and the goal setting methodology.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DD has said it out loud on conference calls and at meetings. He told us flat out that focusing on the topical market is "small thinking."

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is nothing wrong with that statement. Trying to get docs to stop using cryo and start using P is perfectly legal. Now, if he suggests that they should use P along with cryo and intimates any sort of synergy between the two, that is off label selling and hence illegal. Unless there are legit studies which show the two products used together, and a benefit for using them together, it cannot be stated. The fact is, we have to go after cryo business, since about 85% of AK visits result in a cryo blast, or several. A very small percentage of AK patients ever get a topical, so we are ignoring the lions share of the market if we restrict ourselves to topicals.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So doctor, will you give up your cryo income so that I can make my Picato bonus dollars? Thanks, doc, for giving up one of your most profitable revenue sources just for little ol' me!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

last post was perfect...go after it but don't proclaim synergy. so what if a couple people in florida and arizona are born into a great market with a new ak drug; bottom line is you'll have middle performing territories making 10-15k - who the f--- can complain about that?

also, why keep fretting about hitting this huge number in Q4 when we have no idea how any of that will play. To me, you'll have 2 quarters under your belt of making a killing and also this fall you'll see Picato rx's skyrocket because it will be its first full utilization in peak AK season!!

Q4 is Q4, the future is the future, no one can say with any certainty; cash your big checks and hope we can have a couple more open quarters with no quotas nor low per script payout

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's about the nature of it when you sell a topical for AK. If mgmt even suggests that we link the two and imply that there is any type of synergy, they're getting turned in. Fuck 'em. This company will crush any individual it sees fit to crush, so I'll treat them exactly the same way.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crushing it . . . ? The only thing begin crushed is a chance at a decent bonus.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

go back to selling copiers, Picato is ripe for a good rep to do well

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A good rep in the "right" market. Is it any coincidence that the people in the top ten in rankings also happen to be in markets in the top ten for topical prescriptions? Wow, I am always so surprised when I see the territories listed at the top. Seems like a nice even distribution across high and low volume territories Not.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DD here. Quit your bitchin'. All territories are created equally. Reps that are at the bottom of the rankings have no one to blame but themselves. They are worthless and weak. And they will be hounded and fired before too very long. That's a promise. Now get out there and work, gang!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard reps that are doing well with it are telling docs to use bionect spray with it to help with insane redness md they LOVE it!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They better have a study to support that or it's off label. Fired.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

last one left turn out the lights

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Picato numbers are looking great!! It is a great drug, and good derms are steadily realizing that!