Pick 3

Discussion in 'Supernus' started by anonymous, Jun 5, 2019 at 2:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I actually think that the person posting all the “wisdom” on this thread is probably higher up than an RD.

I think upper management senses that the reps are unhappy, and they are trying (in a very respectful, helpful way, actually) to rally the troops to the cause. It’s a difficult task, so kudos to them for coming off as realistic and not an a-hole.

My only problem is, I could ask my RD to “Model the Way” in calls, but he is probably the worst salesperson I’ve ever seen.

That, and it would maybe result in me getting kicked out of the office. And before you suggest that I “talk” to him about how to guide me in sales calls, how about we have mangers that can actually sell??

I know the Florida team had an RD that they actually called on to HELP them when they had a tough doc. She was amazing. She could sell anything. She actually asked her team when it would be best for her to ride with them so that she could help sell difficult doctors. And it WORKED. They were top for many quarters.

MY boss is a total idiot who does more harm than good. He springs ride days on you with less than 24 hours notice sometimes, and I have to scramble to find offices to take him to so that he doesn’t damage my relationships with the important ones. But he schedules his ride days two months in advance. So he knows where he is going to be but he just doesn’t let you know until the last minute. He claims that it is because he wants to see a “real” day and not a contrived one. Bullsh!t. If you had a good relationship with your reps, you wouldn’t have to pull that crap. Luckily, most of my docs understand that when he is with me, I’m going to be really aggressive and forced, so they humor him because they actually like me. I usually make up for those calls with a personalized Starbucks order the next week.

I can’t imagine what it would be like if I had a manager who could actually show ME how it’s done. I would love that. Welcome it with open arms! Wish I didn’t spend as much time managing my manager as he does managing me. :/

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Greetings valuable rep. We don’t want good people to leave because they can’t get help or that they are confused about what is occurring in Rockville. They can find what they need. Ask, be open, and be coachable.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

”Valuable rep” :p haha

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

gReEtInGs VaLuAbLe ReP
    HAHAHA
    What a tool! Who has this rd in the field?? You say you know so why don’t you share so we can all get a good laugh.
    Pathetic.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People aren’t leaving because they can’t get help. People are leaving because the future of promise is now a joke.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t believe for one second this is a rep.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. But on the off chance that this is “wisdom” from a higher up, just shows you how disconnected they are from the field team and manager situation. It all sounds good in theory, but.........

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly. Really people, no more needs said. The other issues are just magnified because the future isn’t looking so bright anymore. If we were looking at a new money maker, none of this would really matter. But it all just keeps getting pushed back. And then there’s the stock price.

Our paychecks are getting smaller and we’re still working our butts off, so in comparison, there’s less we’re going to be willing to put up with for the pay. Just sayin.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All the ploys they played on us for years they cant play any longer. Just wait till ADD these products will be blockbusters. Well look at 810 and 812 Wall Street is speaking very loudly on what potential they feel lies in these products. Another oldie but goodie was we are going to double the sales force that means we are going to need twice the amount of RDs. Looks like as of the last corporate overview I witnessed we aren't doubling the sales force.

I hope home office is ready because this is the point that serious talent starts leaving.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

all yall be trippin. I’m worth exactly what they pay me. They lookin for a bargain when they got me. Bargain pay, bargain worker. I ain’t goin no where

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The lack self respect with this one. Must be an RD.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hahaha dont feed da trollz I sez

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ain’t going no where because you have no ACTUAL value to offer anyone else. Ain’t going no where because you are brainwashed. Ain’t going no where because, well, you have no sense of auxiliary verbs. Must be an RD.
    And oh, google auxiliary verb you imbecile.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh my gosh chill people! I was making a joke. Every time we say things question the gods here, somebody throws it in our face that some of us worked at Enterprise, or forgot where we came from, etc. and that we should be thankful that they pulled us out of a gutter (even though many I know were doing just fine before super nuts), even if we’re paid less than our contemporaries and the policies and training isn’t up to date. Then if we get hit with things out of our control they tell us to look in the mirror or train our managers to train us properly.

Lol what evs. I was being what is called “tongue in cheek.”

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They felt the need to clarify why they posted their original post. My what thick skin you have, definitely an RD here.

P.S. Maybe Cafepharma is a place for reps to vent and voice frustration. The quicker RDs realize cafepharma isn't a good place for them or corporate to push their agenda, the quicker you will see a silent board.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Failure to inform its employees on revoking the option to add targets is nothing short of cowardice. The responsible grown up approach would be to inform your employees via cc or email. Instead these cowards decide to allow us to naturally discover for ourselves when we open up our "target selection tool" or whatever you want to call this pointless shell of a tool now.

Rockville is creating an environment of impeded communication between home office and the reps. Rockville, if your goal is to encourage your reps to distrust, disengage, and disconnect from corporate then you a doing a fine job. Healthy communication is a two way street. You want updates on how this BS message and BS marketing pieces are being received, then have the decency to update us on topics that are important and impact us!!!!! Careful Supernus, you are slowly becoming "that" Pharmaceutical company that forgets who actually pays the bills around here.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t think I’ve ever used pick 3. I would have this time because the “new and improved” list this quarter took away primary care writers of TXR that were also access strategies for higher ranked in same office. Thanks Rockville. You do you Boo

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you weren’t informed, that’s on your RD. Ours told us a few months ago soon as they knew.

Also we existed as a successful sales force for close to 4+ years before we ever had this “add 3” option. It was nice to have, but shouldn’t effect business too much overall. How can you be so upset about losing something you barely had?

Put yourself in managements shoes. Do you allow reps to add ANY 3 targets they see fit (potential for inappropriate targets) so that the reps stay happy? Or do you get grid of that liability with minimal business impact?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This reply makes no sense. We were never allowed to add ANY 3 and just automatically have them as targets. They would either accept or deny our add requests. And yes, the add 3 option can be helpful especially if there is a new or young practicing neuro in your area and you can’t get credit for your efforts towards their scripts because their volume is too low to be on your list yet. Unfair. For me, personally, it’s not a big deal right now because I don’t have anyone who fits that criteria, but I can see the frustration. Just management trying to give us autonomy in our territories, and then taking it away again. Always treating us like little kids. Like when “they hear us” and slow down on texting and CCs with absurd amounts of communication... but then create lame contests to have an excuse to create CCs and talking to teammates excessively. We’re not dumb, we see tactics.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The conference calls and team contests have gotten out of control. June Jam it up your a$$.